Wolf Lord Challenge

Spacefrisian

A couple more questions...

Is that about the painting or converting?

And can he have any saga? because as far as i can tell, none of the saga's are relevent to his fluff, its more about other units, and fire...... but i want him to have a Saga (not that you can really paint/convert a saga in that easily....)

Converting is one of the things that should be on the lists, with the new sprues i doubt you will have a hard time finding an excuse not to convert, (Logan and Ragnar don't need some conversion if those doing them don't want to its up to the peeps doing a model of them)

Yes you are also free to choose youre own Saga all the better if its possible to show it on the model. (I'll go With Saga of the bear due to it being hinted in the snipet of fluff provided for Gunnar)

@Ullr Direfang: If you want i could put youre name under 13th Company.

I'd offer the idea that each wolf lord must be fully based, painted and have a small paragraph of fluff about them for entry into the contest...we can all submit our stuff to SpaceFrisian and he can make a single large post for voting.

also if we're putting names beside it in your main list...wolf lord Bjarki thunderblood of the Thunderwolves company.

I'd offer the idea that each wolf lord must be fully based, painted and have a small paragraph of fluff about them for entry into the contest...we can all submit our stuff to SpaceFrisian and he can make a single large post for voting.

also if we're putting names beside it in your main list...wolf lord Bjarki thunderblood of the Thunderwolves company.

I second these rules.

i dont think the fluff is fair personally

im not particularly comfortable writing down my imagination (if you get what i mean)

and some of the people here dont speak english as a first or even second language

obviously you can write some if you want but thats not my style personally.

EDIT~: the deadline is January thats what it says in the first post

Well thats a fair point, but on the other hand you got people like me who are rubbish painters but good writers haha.

But your right and so it should probably be optional, or perhaps extra credit.

Janurary is great by me, perhaps someone with a bit of artistic skill could make some challange sigs for the competition when the end comes.

Nothing mentioned about a competition nor judging of these Wolf Lords. If there was, I could see 'extra credit' points for those that write something up on their WL creation. However, I see the intent of the OP as motivation to get creative and produce likenesses of the Wolf Lords of the Chapter, purely. TO show off how we fellow brother envision our leaders and how we model their incarnations. The challenge is one of honor and creativity, not competition for points.

i dont think the fluff is fair personally

im not particularly comfortable writing down my imagination (if you get what i mean)

and some of the people here dont speak english as a first or even second language

obviously you can write some if you want but thats not my style personally.

EDIT~: the deadline is January thats what it says in the first post

I was more thinking that you'd just write up a description and history...not a fluffy story or anything...just who he is, why he is the way he is and what he's doing.

also I've got my wolf lord and army going on in blog format in PC&A

bjarki and co.

would this be pre wounded version or just a Dreadnought marked up as a lord?

Interesting question. If it were me, I would say before the internment. However, it is your challenge to portray him as you envision him. I say unless otherwise selected by the OP, choose whichever you wish.

I think getting it painted, based and modelled in 3 months should be doable, A piece of fluff would be nice as well but not a must.

BTW:English is my 3rd language so i'am bound to make some spelling mistakes, but i do need some background story for tourneys after all wich will net me some nice bonus points.

Well ive been prowling the fang for some time but this will be my first time attempting to throw my hat in on one of these. So ive been looking at the great companies trying to decide which i wanted as im repainting my whole army over to match one of the companies so figured i might as well get in on this.... Im gonna do Krom Dragongaze

For any interested, I started a Blog on this WIP here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;showentry=5114

I have disabled comments as I want to keep things on the tidy side. I am more than willing to answer any questions or reply to comments sent via PM or e-mail. I will provide those answers and replies on the related Blog (there will be more than one project archived there). I will try to be as descriptive as I can, but I reserve the right to keep some of my "tricks" to myself. Thanks Brothers and a round of ale to all http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/tyggrr65/Gifs/beersmiley1.gif

Archived