Which Legion dissapointed you the most?

Sir Caverstein

The legion that dissapointed me the most were the emperor children. Really they came from a serious squilled legion into a lot of brats. I must say i myself look for perfection(that´s why I see mathematics as an art rather than a sciense) but these guys are the complete opposite.

Anyway their downfall really dissapointed me.

Second Space Wolves well done Russ :D you deserve having your planet invaded several times

Third Blood Angels come on they couldn´t carry on after Sanguinius death that shows us their weakness

And I wont even bother to mention DA since they were a lost cause from the begining

And you which legion dissapointed you the most

Third Blood Angels come on they couldn´t carry on after Sanguinius death that shows us their weakness

The Inquisition and the Administratum say we are weak because some of us have given in to the Black Rage - they are wrong! The Black Rage makes us strong, because we must resist its temptations every day of our lives or be forever damned!

I think the Blood Angels carry on just fine after Sanguinius' death; every day resisting the urge at the back of their skulls. Carrying on in the name of the Emperor, fighting the Imperium's enemies instead of curling up in a ball from their Primarch's memories. Living longer then the standard marine, trying to excel in every aspect and bettering the life of every human being as their Primarch wanted despite the darkness that resides in all of them. My friend, you do not know what you speak of.

I don´t know other legions don´t have soo much trauma

The other Primarchs who died didn't have their Primarch killed by Horus at the height of his daemonic power (i.e. the power of all four Gods), a death so agonizing it cursed their geneseed. Dorn died in an explosion, Ferrus had his head cut off. No comparison.

and well done russ?

with the exception of vulkan, corax and ferrus manus, every loyalist plant has been invaded before.

khan invaded by dark eldar

guilliman invaded by nids

the lion...he destroyed his own planet.

the blood angels just had a semi civil war (or some such...i couldnt try to stomach that series again)

i dont even know if the imperial fists have a home planet.

and i'll mentioned that during the heresy vulkan, corax and ferrus manus escaped noticed after the mauling. and fluff-wise these three kinda just appear when a place holder is needed, then go back to the wings again.

i would be more insistent to point out that after how many invasions of Fenris, who owns it?

thats right, russ taught his boys something right.

WLK

The wolves are the LEAST disapointing legion. They held true to their ways, their traditions and their loyalty has never wavered. The live to fight, live to destroy the enemies of the Emperor and yet show a compassion and Humanity that other chapters, even the Ultramarines, lack.

The most disapointing legion for me are the Death Guard. After all they fought for, all they suffered, Mortarion just kinda gives up, creates a world that is a copy of the one he grew up on and becomes nothing less than the Deamon who raised him.

Ultramarines for attending the greatest battle of all time late, and for being Ultramarines of course.

Guilliman didn't miss the battle because he was an idiot. It was part of Horus's plan that he should be tied up so far away from Terra so then he couldn't be involved, and perhaps even be destroyed by the Word Bearers.

I don't think any of the legions were disappointing really. They all seem to have given a good account of themselves in the end.

Ultramarines for attending the greatest battle of all time late, and for being Ultramarines of course.

yeah and so did the space wolves and the dark angels.. not even to mention the other loyalist legions..

so your point?

I vote death gaurd and space wolves..

the wolves for just giving in to there feelings, and orders of horus.. ( but I still wait for the HH books to cover it.. to really make a stand on this one )

death gaurd: the same reason as Brother Captain Kezef

atin

and well done russ?

with the exception of vulkan, corax and ferrus manus, every loyalist plant has been invaded before.

khan invaded by dark eldar

guilliman invaded by nids

the lion...he destroyed his own planet.

the blood angels just had a semi civil war (or some such...i couldnt try to stomach that series again)

i dont even know if the imperial fists have a home planet.

and i'll mentioned that during the heresy vulkan, corax and ferrus manus escaped noticed after the mauling. and fluff-wise these three kinda just appear when a place holder is needed, then go back to the wings again.

i would be more insistent to point out that after how many invasions of Fenris, who owns it?

thats right, russ taught his boys something right.

WLK

Who were the ones that burned prospero and attacked magnus without any sense of honour? :)

I'm pretty certain that what you're referring to is a sense of duty, Sir Caverstein. Let's be fair, 'honour' isn't really a concept that actually fits with war: it's an artificial construct superimposed over conflict that only a small section of the combatants both observe and have access to. War is about killing, no matter how much it is referred to otherwise.

Besides, Magnus is the one who acted dishonourably, if anything. He practised an outlawed science, and when he was told not to, he continued it behind the backs of the authorities above and around him.

Johnson to me was the biggest disappointment. He was unneccessarily secretive, has poor social skills and can't tell the difference between a good egg and a bad one.

Spoiler (can't work out the Spoiler Insert Special Item feature!):

He was easily manipulated by Perturobo at the end of Fallen Angels, and showed his true colours regarding his feelings and desires, and played politics to be Warmaster that I thought was below a Primarch.

I'm pretty certain that what you're referring to is a sense of duty, Sir Caverstein. Let's be fair, 'honour' isn't really a concept that actually fits with war: it's an artificial construct superimposed over conflict that only a small section of the combatants both observe and have access to. War is about killing, no matter how much it is referred to otherwise.

Besides, Magnus is the one who acted dishonourably, if anything. He practised an outlawed science, and when he was told not to, he continued it behind the backs of the authorities above and around him.

"War is cruelty, the crueler it is, the quicker it's over." - Warmaster Horus

"Honour is a word Plutocrats use when they want someone killed" - Committeewoman Cordelia Ransom (Honor Harrington)

Russ did not abaddon his duty or his honour, he was decieved by Horus into thinking the worst and he was predisposed to hate magiks. And anyway Russ was given the orders from a legal superior to eliminate Magnus and he's hardly going to com his brother first to let him know he's coming. War is brutal and Russ realised that the best way to take out prospero would be to hit it with totla surprise and destroy the Thousand Sons before they could fight back. And sure the Thousand Sons were trying to help, but Magnus' first and prime aim was justifying his use of forbidden arts.

Ultras were deliberately eliminated from the fight due to their sheer size and the fact that they would have made a big difference. Horus eliminated as many legions from the fight as he could via using his warmaster authority or by tricks like Istvaan V.

BACK onto topic :lol:

I wouldn't say any legion disappointed me, for they all had their parts to play in the greater story, I cannot say i looked at any legions actions and went, WHAT!? Why? Idiots :D

yeah and so did the space wolves and the dark angels.. not even to mention the other loyalist legions..

so your point?

Ah, but are they Ultramarines? :D

so your point?

Ah, but are they Ultramarines? :D

Yeah, yeah. We all know the Ultra-hate is just compensating for the feelings of inadequacy you have for your own chapter :(

I'm kind of disappointed by Horus and his boys. Come on, you've got the emperor penned in his fort, witht three whole legions, the rest are scattered hither and yon, and you decide to take all of your six legions and Titans and traitors and demons and giant spaceships with tons of huge guns...and then try to knock down the front door? Really? No teleports or mass landings inside the palace walls? Really?? From the WARMASTER? They deserved that loss.

Johnson to me was the biggest disappointment. He was unneccessarily secretive, ...

I don't see how.

What was he going to do? Tell people that Caliban was somehow inherently compromised due to daemonic possession without actually having some way to solve the issue? What were they all going to do? Worry about it together?

... has poor social skills ...

So do plenty of Primarchs. Russ is unnecessarily belligerent, as is Ferrus Manus; Angron and Konrad Curze are practically sociopaths. Besides, none of the Lion's problems (and remember, he landed in a Death World and grew up alone in the wilderness) prevented his warriors from loving him and being loyal to him. If he's so socially awkward, why do both Nemiel and Zahariel revere him so?

... and can't tell the difference between a good egg and a bad one.

Uhm...

Perturabo came to him on Rogal Dorn's say-so. Why on earth would the Lion question the credentials of a guy who was part of the task force sent to take out Horus?

... and showed his true colours regarding his feelings and desires, and played politics to be Warmaster that I thought was below a Primarch.

No, it wasn't. See "False Gods" for that. Horus makes it abundantly clear he felt that more than one Primarch envied him for his station. On the other hand, while he has insulting words for the Lion (he thinks him a savage, even though he never acts the part), El'Jonson himself is very pragmatic about the matter.

He never tries to assert he is the best or some sort of chosen prodigy. He flat out states that whoever had been found first by the Emperor would have become Warmaster.

To me, the biggest disappointment of all is Lorgar. The Emperor made it clear to him that, while superhuman, he was by no means divine. Lorgar went on with his shtick, wasting time trying to convert those he conquered to a pointless cult--given that the recipient of its worship wanted nothing to do with it. As a result, Lorgar progressed at a rate lower than any other Legion, and had to be sanctioned by it. It takes some degree of incompetence and misplaced effort to get lumped into the same category as Angron (the only other Primarch to get sanctioned during the Great Crusade)... and that guy at least had an excuse.

the wolves for just giving in to there feelings, and orders of horus.. ( but I still wait for the HH books to cover it.. to really make a stand on this one )

death gaurd: the same reason as Brother Captain Kezef

atin

so the Wolves are disapointing for doing as they were ordered by the Emperor of Mankind (ordered to go fetch magnus), and the Warmaster (altered orders from fetch to break into tiny tiny pieces)?

if you give somebody a command that they follow and your disapointed, maybe you arent the best to give commands or judge their actions.

@sir cav: honor is a joke word made up by those who wish to glorify their deeds and actions. but if we are to descend into using such a joke word, wouldnt magnus, in defying his oath to the emperor of MANKIND be forfeiting his "honor" by his continued use of sorcery?

An oath is a bond between people, that once broken, removes the breaker from all laws and protection.

WLK

To call honor a joke is only to show that you have no understanding of it.

No particular order:

Dark Angels for being incapable of even standing against or falling to Chaos as a team.

Word Bearers for all "daddy doesn't love us" and turning to Chaos and then dragging half the galaxy down with them.

Luna Wolves for being among the best and then making the unfortunate choice of trusting the Word Bearers.

Death Guard for siding with Chaos knowing full well what they were doing.

To call honor a joke is only to show that you have no understanding of it.

No particular order:

Dark Angels for being incapable of even standing against or falling to Chaos as a team.

Word Bearers for all "daddy doesn't love us" and turning to Chaos and then dragging half the galaxy down with them.

Luna Wolves for being among the best and then making the unfortunate choice of trusting the Word Bearers.

Death Guard for siding with Chaos knowing full well what they were doing.

i would have to say "to each his own" at this juncture, to not have this go wildly off topic.

WLK

Emperors children, for getting distracted when there was assaultin' of the fortress of Terra to be done.

That was indeed a major failure. Chaos would have won the Siege of Terra were it not for their laziness. I'm surprised they weren't beset upon by the remainder of the Chaos forces during the Scouring, seeing as how it was really their fault Chaos didn't win.

I will also echo my disappointment towards the Emperors Children. An excellent legion brought low by a foolish Primarch.

The Word Bearers again for having a Primarch with no backbone.

Death Guard for willingly accepting chaos in return for deliverance.

Luna Wolves, the chosen legion pretty much and throwing it all away through willingly trusting the Word Bearers. Some brilliant Primarch Horus turned out to be.

Iron Warriors. Sulking for being used as a garrison legion. All Perturabo had to do was stand up for what he wanted for his legion, but never did. Instead brooded like an emo and let Chaos whisper to him.

Thousand Sons. All that idiot Magnus had to do was not send the Psychic message and things would have turned out a lot less worse than they did. I hope Russ really enjoyed smashing him in the face.

Dark Angels. I'd of enjoyed watching the Wolves trash these guys on their way back from partying at prospero, too.

Archived