Current thoughts (thanks Miko!) are: Rocket Launchers with Melta Rockets, and a special, fluffy rule that grants the Stealth USR
Discussion on Relentless (generally shot down)
Incendiary mortars, aye or nay? Likewise Heavy Flamers - Heavy Flamers in, Regular Mortars (incendiary a possibility) also worth considering
Miko's idea: Possible Purgus transport vehicle: do we want them moving and all shooting, with an armour value on top of that?
Miko also suggests possibly adding Special Orders. Thought?
Actual unit entry added
Possibility of the VSS being able to take Tempest rounds
So, I couldn't find any discussion on Retributor squads, and thought "why not?"
Now as it stands, people only take Heavy Bolters - which is a shame for those who bought and painted a 2xHB 2xMM 1xVSS (Stormbolter) squad way back when. This probably means Retributors with Heavy Bolters are about right - seeing as people do indeed choose to field them - and Multi-Meltas are too expensive.
1. As a unit it would cost 65 and have a VSS and 4 Retributors, all with the regular statlines. No free grenades, because if they're assaulting something, they're doing it wrong. (Reason for not raising their cost like those of regular Sisters: regular Sisters are great as a Troops choice, but the actual cost and value of Retributors is in the weapons)
2. May have up to 5 additional Retributors for +11 points each.
3. Up to four models may replace their bolter with:
- A Heavy Bolter or Multi-Melta for 15 points (ish)
- A Heavy Flamer (with Holy Promethium?) for 10 points, give or take
- A Mortar for 5 points? Or maybe free? Or possibly no mortars at all, but it's a pretty low-tech, easy-to-maintain weapon that suits urban warfare (if you don't care about damaging buildings, and in 40k you don't because half of them are ruins anyway) and is an explosive shell so not *too* dissimilar to the bolter.
Latheworld Hyper-Penetrator: 12" S 5 AP 5 Heavy 2 Rending
Tempest: 24" S 4 AP 6 Rapid Fire, any unit that takes any casualties loses any charging bonuses in their next assault phase.
Thoughts: we could still allow only the VSS to get Tempest rounds for her Bolter. This wouldn't be much use when guarding Exorcists (the enemy is almost guaranteed to eat them up, striking last or otherwise, if they survive the heavy bolter shots or whatever. They are an expensive shield for the Exorcist, but they hurt the enemy first with shooting). What it would do is put them in a position to support their own assault units - Retributors shoot at genestealers, genestealers take a handful of casualties but also are afflicted by the Tempest rounds, Seraphim assault genestealers and get to act first.
I like the idea of encouraging Sisters to keep units close together (HQ-inspired Faith is a great example here), it seems fluffy and also provides a sort of weakness in the form of encouraging enemies to use templates/blasts on them, or to spread out so the Sisters have to choose between losing their "stay close" benefits or losing manoeuvrability to the enemy. Likewise I like to have units support each other.
But it's just a thought. One model in a unit of 5-10 getting one type of special ammo to help with teamwork tactics, maybe it's a good idea, maybe it's unnecessary.
5. Transport Options: regular Rhino, Repressor or Immolator. (Rhino Charger? Purgus?)
Special Bolter: Range 48" S4 AP3 Heavy 2 (WYSIWYG: add to the bolter length. This is easy enough. Then add a small pipe for a long barrel.)
Faith-Fire Cannon: Range: 36" S 5 AP 4 Heavy 3 Blast, No Cover (WYSIWYG: you could basically use a Thunderfire Cannon)
|Unit Type||Unit Composition||Wargear||Special Rules||Dedicated Transport|
|May take a transport:|
- May include up to 5 additional Sisters Retributor: +11 points per model
- The Sister Superior may exchange her boltgun and/or bolt pistol with:
- a close combat weapon: free
- a storm bolter: +5 points
- a combi-flamer, -melta or -stake crossbow: +10 points
- The Sister Superior may take meltabombs: +5 points
- If the unit numbers no more than 5 models, the unit may take krak grenades: +5 points
- If the unit numbers 6 models or more, the unit may take krak grenades: free
- Up to four Sisters Retributor may exchange their boltguns with:
- ~maybe a Mortar~ +5 points ~or free?~
- a Heavy Flamer (with Holy Promethium?) +10 points
- a Heavy Bolter or Multi-Melta +15 points
Edited by Sister Acacia, 08 January 2011 - 12:05 PM.