Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[LI01] Legio Imprints - The Dornian Heresy COMPLETE!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
195 replies to this topic

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
No problem, Diego. ;) I have been out of the loop myself, but will be off on holiday tomorrow and hopefully back with it.
Posted Image

Alternate Heresy Index Astartes articles for the World Eaters, Emperor's Children, Raven Guard, Word Bearers,
Ultramarines, White Scars, Space Wolves, Thousand Sons and Blood Angels available as a pdf
Click here for the Legio Imprint download thread
Iron Warriors +++ Iron Hands +++ Alpha Legion +++ Dark Angels

Index Astartes: Scions of Dorn

Aerion the Faithful

Aerion the Faithful

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
Hey guys...

I'm popping up real quick to let you all know that my computer is currently undergoing some heavy maintenance... it crashed miserably this week. Apparently I will regain control of it by Friday next week :pinch:

However, I've retouched the image a bit, like Diego suggested and will try and upload it from this borrowed terminal. I'll let you know of any changes.

Thanks for the patience.

*goes back to praise the Omnissiah for deliverance*

Nic.-
O what fine times, this Age of Iron!

More of my Warhammer 40,000 related works found at FUTURA ILLUSTRATUM
Miscellaneous Gallery of works at DeviantART
Commissions? Yes, of course! Drop me a PM...

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
First up, thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on making the Dornian Heresy project look so good. :lol: Next, if anyone has high quality files of their finished artwork can they forward them to me ASAP at aureliusrex@btinternet.com and I will forward it to OMG for formatting into the e-zine. ;)

@Nic - Sorry to hear about your computer problems, Nic. It seems to have hit three of us recently.

Just to be clear, it sounded like you said that you have already altered the image, and would be able to forward it to us for use. Is this correct? If so, could you send the file to me as soon as you can. Otherwise, can you give an assessment of how long it would be?

@Hugh - good to have you back. The images you posted have come out very small on the post so I can't see any kind of detail, and I can't access them further by clicking on the image - it says I don't have access. It may be worth you uploading them instead to the B&C gallery if this will be easier.

@Diego - Thanks for the RG and SW attachments - I will forward them to OMG this evening for formatting into the e-zine. Looking forward to getting the Dorn picture when you have done the last details - really like the addition of the burning enemy marine in the background! :)

Regards,
John.
Posted Image

Alternate Heresy Index Astartes articles for the World Eaters, Emperor's Children, Raven Guard, Word Bearers,
Ultramarines, White Scars, Space Wolves, Thousand Sons and Blood Angels available as a pdf

Sevano Tomasin

Sevano Tomasin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 397 posts

@Hugh - good to have you back. The images you posted have come out very small on the post so I can't see any kind of detail, and I can't access them further by clicking on the image - it says I don't have access. It may be worth you uploading them instead to the B&C gallery if this will be easier.

Strange, it was working when I posted them yesterday.
Even though I'm currently logged on here, and on my PB account, it only allows me to look at them on my actual PB account. I'll alter my account settings and see if that works.
How would I go about putting them in the gallery? Would I just put the link from my Pb account, or do I upload them from my data files?
Failing that, I could email you the files, and see how that goes.

Thanks,
Hugh.
Hold your fire, hold your fire!
What? And miss a chance at nailing you? Never!

"Most people look at a model and think 'that looks nice'. You on the otherhand, think 'I wonder how I can make that into a techmarine?' "
-Pretty much sums me up...

Aerion the Faithful

Aerion the Faithful

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
@John, I will have the file uploaded and sent your way tomorrow at the latest. I'll most certainly upload it onto a free FTP server I regularly use and post the hi-res download link here for OMG to download it here (and anyone who wants to have it as well; it tolerates 100 downloads for seven days, so...)

See you tomorrow!

Nic.-

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,349 posts

Strange, it was working when I posted them yesterday.
Even though I'm currently logged on here, and on my PB account, it only allows me to look at them on my actual PB account. I'll alter my account settings and see if that works.
How would I go about putting them in the gallery? Would I just put the link from my Pb account, or do I upload them from my data files?
Failing that, I could email you the files, and see how that goes.

Thanks,
Hugh.

This should help you with setting up a gallery Sevano:
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=141716
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=125661

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Aerion the Faithful

Aerion the Faithful

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
Guys...

As promised, here is the download link to the hi-res version of the image: 300dpi, .TIFF format (regular printing quality). Download at your own risk! ;)

Link to the hi-res!

I hope you like it and here is the preview in .JPEG just so you see how it ended up looking.

Posted Image

Nic.-

PS.. Let me know if there are any problems downloading.

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
That looks amazing, Nic! Many thanks! ;)
Posted Image

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
The long holiday weekend is now over and April is well into its swing. It's time to really get going. If anyone has any high quality files to send, then do it to the e-mail below. :Elite:

@Diego - Could you re-send your SW / RG e-mail to OMG at paulboulet@hotmail.com as my computer is not allowing me to forward the files for some reason. :Troops:

Similarly, are you done with the Dorn picture and has your flat mate completed the Blood Angel picture(s)? We would all love to see them. If so, could you forward them to OMG at the e-mail address above?

Regards,
John.

EDIT - Got your return pm, Diego. :FA: Would until Wednesday night / early thursday give you both time to tie things up?

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 05 April 2010 - 09:22 PM.

Posted Image

Badaboom

Badaboom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Done! Posted Image

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
Thanks for the finalisation on Dorn, Diego - he looks great!

It looks like you ran into the same problem I did with the file transfers to Paul. If size of file transfer by e-mail becomes a problem - and you can't even transfer them individually tonight, is it possible to use the method that Nic and Dom have for their hi-res images and use a third party website? (Or whatever it was they did. :D )
Posted Image

Badaboom

Badaboom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Using an FTP or something simmilar? Of course, no problem, but I think current e-mail will do. Let´s see this evening.

Badaboom

Badaboom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Posted Image

Hi, this is the BA pic that my friend is finishing. Many things have to be fixed, but now you can get a basic idea of how is it going to look like.

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
That looks amazing. :D

For reference, the post-heresy legion symbol is three blood drops, similar to the three circles of Nurgle. It doesn't look like your friend has got to that bit yet, but this can be seen on the Alt-heresy Painter thread. :)
Posted Image

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
@Diego - OMG said that he received the first three files from you yesterday - sending individually seemed to solve the problem.

Also, were you and your flat mate able to finish your respective pieces? ;) With the BA image complete - and another RG one as a big bonus - we will be complete on that score.
Posted Image

Badaboom

Badaboom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Hi John,

glad to hear OMG got the files correctly. Last I checked this morning, my flatmate was polishing some details and getting ready to send the finished file, so OMG should get it before lunch. About the RG bonus pic, yesterday I had a strong headache and was unable to work more extra hours, my eyes desperately needed some rest, sorry about that.

My flatmate is so excited about this that he has been asking me about the next pdf release, with the other IA for the remaining legions. Tell us about them with time enough, so our collaboration can be more intense.

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts

Hi John,

glad to hear OMG got the files correctly. Last I checked this morning, my flatmate was polishing some details and getting ready to send the finished file, so OMG should get it before lunch. About the RG bonus pic, yesterday I had a strong headache and was unable to work more extra hours, my eyes desperately needed some rest, sorry about that.

My flatmate is so excited about this that he has been asking me about the next pdf release, with the other IA for the remaining legions. Tell us about them with time enough, so our collaboration can be more intense.

Sorry to hear about the headache - hope you are feeling better now. It is a shame about the extra Raven Guard picture, but not critical as you have already provided us with one to go with the RG article.

Good to hear that your flatmate has nearly finished the Blood Angel. Is it possible to see a preview of it here too? :) Also good to hear that you and he are interested in continuing the collaboration. :P It will take a while before the final article is finished - at least a year, as there are eight more articles to do and they take about two months each on average. However, I have posted the Iron Warriors article on the board already - should be easy to find in the Horus Heresy section or even in the AD section here, and so there is no reason why we can't produce the artwork and painters as we go along this time rather than cramming it in at the end. :)
Posted Image

Badaboom

Badaboom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Aaaand the finished one: Posted Image

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
That's brilliant, Diego! :P Please give my thanks to your flatmate.
Posted Image

Badaboom

Badaboom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Thanks sent and accepted; looking forward to see the final result of all this.

madscuzzy

madscuzzy

++ VEXILLUM PICTOR ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 2,656 posts
Test frame

Posted Image

Scuzworks
SL40K - My Models

Forum Rules

Available for Commissions! PM Meeee~!