Kapturowskis Space Wolves [Update 11 Feb]

kapturowski

Just noticed I forgot to upload a pic, my Long Fang Pack Leaders.

gallery_28439_3822_93253.jpg

@ Brother Martemis

Hehe, I like how you associate!

@ MeatGrinder

I think the yellow adds an interesting contrast to the otherwise dull grey. My first models were painted with a black Great Company badge and it looked a bit boring in my opinion. But the yellow is perhaps a bit bright?

@ Captain Mick

Thank you!

@ Lord Ragnarok

Thanks! Glad that I can be an inspiration.

@ MagicMan

Yeah, they're not perfect for representing wolves and I'm too lazy to rearrange the legs :D, but I think it's good enough for the tabletop.

The yellow is a bit too bright. By the way you doing the 13th with yellow pauldrons just makes them look like rusty SWs from Ragnar's company IMO. Also a lack of chaos marine bitz doesn't help either. Their awesome to be sure, but to me they don't have the look of the 13th.

These are my views on your minis. I honestly couldn't care less what you do with them I'm just throwing in my 2 cents.

Yeah, about the yellow, I wrote earlier that I've decided to repaint my 13th Co minis as Blackmanes Great Company, guess I should update the topic title :lol:. The reason for this is to keep expanding on my previous efforts of building Ragnars Great Company.

Yeah, about the yellow, I wrote earlier that I've decided to repaint my 13th Co minis as Blackmanes Great Company, guess I should update the topic title :lol:. The reason for this is to keep expanding on my previous efforts of building Ragnar's Great Company.

That changes everything. Their a bad ass vision of Ragnar's Grand company now.

I agree it brightens up the models, but I dont think it helps the feel of the models. It could just be your camera. I liked your scheme so much that I tried a few test models and left the pads straight grey. With the lenses glowing it gave the models a nice warm feel.

I've been trying lately to get some better photos of my minis. I've built a sort of ghetto light box and used a better camera, hopefully pics will be closer to what the minis look like in person. Here's a test to show how the yellow really looks like.

gallery_28439_3822_34840.jpg

@ MeatGrinder

I see your point. Got any pics to show? :D

@ dchmp & styygens

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I've been trying lately to get some better photos of my minis. I've built a sort of ghetto light box and used a better camera, hopefully pics will be closer to what the minis look like in person. Here's a test to show how the yellow really looks like.

gallery_28439_3822_34840.jpg

@ MeatGrinder

I see your point. Got any pics to show? :P

Ahh, forgive me bud, It was just the camera. In those photos it doesnt affect the rest of the model's colouring and looks really nice and really sharp. Personally I would have gone towards a more orange shade, a few stages up from the colour of the eye lenses, but my style is more for deeper, darker colours. Still loving your work though, finished the Great wolf yet? Your conversion was really looking sweeeet.

Nah, I don't have a decent camera, but i was taken aback by how effective your tutorial was, I'm a bit off doing it as perfectly as yours though. I was going to try my own spin on it for my wolves, and was considering doing something simmilar for some Death Guard, only using more greens in the wash stages.

MG

• 1 year later...

@MeatGrinder

Yeah, I think that adding some orange to the yellow is the right way to go, I've been experimenting painting yellow on some Imperial Fists and will incorporate some of the results into my Wolves.

I'm still working on Logan, he's got some paint on him but he's nowhere near finished. :-)

@Lord_Azoth, sheep, teku

Thank you!

Redid the Wolf Claws on my Termies, airbrushing sure makes it easy to get some nice power weapons!

gallery_28439_3822_1456.jpg

Invested in a set of Tartaros TDA. I'm not impressed by the quality of the casting. Lots of bubbles and some missing details.

Wolfing it up with some plastic and brass etch.

gallery_28439_3822_7930.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello everybody! Long time since last post. I've reconsidered my painting technique for my Wolves since I bought a airbrush, the new paint scheme is much brighter and I've used oil washes instead of the usual GW washes. Lotsa WIPs.

++Repainted Rhinos++

gallery_28439_3822_13115.jpg

The Rhino to the right has received a brown and a black/brown wash while the Rhino to the left is only washed with brown. The middle Rhino haven't been washed yet. Here's a pic of how they used to look.

++Thunderwolves++

gallery_28439_3822_277669.jpg

gallery_28439_3822_493073.jpg

++Grey Hunters++

gallery_28439_3822_566437.jpg

The Grey Hunters have been washed with brown and are waiting for a black wash.

++Drop Pod++

gallery_28439_3822_537912.jpg

gallery_28439_3822_179796.jpg

The Drop Pod has been washed with more black than the other vehicles to depict soot buildup from atmospheric entry.

++Contemptor Dreadnought++

gallery_28439_3822_371075.jpg

Say hello to my little friend! I use him as a count as Dreadnought. The Weapons are magnetized.

• 2 years later...

Time for an update! I've decided to turn my army into a 30K army because I've come to prefer working with resin models. I intend to use it with 40K rules so I won't follow the army structure from 30K.

Blood Claws

gallery_28439_3822_253292.jpg

I love how brutal the Mk III looks.

Colour Tests

gallery_28439_3822_40164.jpg

Tried some different colour on the trims. Not sure what FW is going to go with. All the covers to Black Library books featuring Space Wolves show the armour as completely grey but it seems a bit boring. On the other hand it is an easy way to mark out characters using different colours for the trims so I'm not decided on which way to go.

Bjorn the Fell-Handed

gallery_28439_3822_158223.jpg

Bjorn during his time in the wolf Guard. Friend for scale.

Jarl/Wolf Lord

gallery_28439_3822_43595.jpg

A wolf Lord or Wolf Guard Battle Leader.

Contemptor Dreadnought

gallery_28439_3822_161860.jpg

Added a Plasma Cannon. Both arms are magnetized.

Thunder wolves

gallery_28439_3822_79295.jpg

Converting the legs of the riders to Mk IV.

@Killax

Thanks! I guess this info may be a bit late smile.png I'm using a Infinity airbrush from Harder & Steenbeck xith a 0.2 fine line needle. The compressor came with an airbrush kit I bought from RDG Tools.

Archived