Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Missouri, USA

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

DuffMcWhalen94

DuffMcWhalen94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts
Hello, I'm looking for any 40k gamers in st. louis, because it seems that my location is kind of dead when it comes to 40k.

Tigrinus

Tigrinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 157 posts
What part of St Louis are you in? I'm in north county. Since the GW store closed finding players has been difficult. There's a game store called Miniatures Market on Watson Rd that stocks GW products. Where one finds GW products, one usually finds gamers.

Anyway, that's the only game place I know of without having to drive into Illinois.

DarkKnightCuron

DarkKnightCuron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts
  • Chapter Name: Heralds of Light
I hear Valhalla's Gate is a pretty good place as well, unless that closed down recently...
Battle Doesn't Need A Purpose

Show your support for 40k Radio HERE

DarkKnightCuron

DarkKnightCuron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts
  • Chapter Name: Heralds of Light
Ey, Folks,

For those of you in the Warrensburg area, there's a game shop called 'Thompson Productions' (really close to the courthouse in that town) that has a very strong Warhammer 40,000 gaming group, and they have tournaments at least once a month. Worth checking out!
Battle Doesn't Need A Purpose

Show your support for 40k Radio HERE

ShadowCrescents

ShadowCrescents

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
I live in the St. Louis, MO metro-east area. I play an offshoot of Space Wolves and will be attending the local gaming convention in Collinsville, IL. The convention is in June and will be hosting an actual Grand Tournament. The name of the convention is DieCon 11. Check out the website and decide if you would like to be a part of it.

Brother Gathurn

Brother Gathurn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 235 posts

I hear Valhalla's Gate is a pretty good place as well, unless that closed down recently...

It hasn't, and it is an excellent place if your willing to take the drive. Theres always people playing fridays and bimonthly tournaments as well. I do belive that minature market just had a tournament today actually...

Only the dead have seen the end of the war -- Plato

http://www.bolterand...howtopic=165467 Follow the link. You know you want to.

Mutters

Mutters

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 201 posts
  • Chapter Name: Soul Drinkers
There's also the Fantasy Shop in St. Charles on West Clay that has Warhammer Fantasy nights on Monday and 40k nights on Tuesdays.
"Cold and Fast, Soul Drinkers!"

Brother Paen

Brother Paen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
Waynesville has a great little store right outside the gate of Fort Leonard Wood, its called Gamers-Hideout. 40k, Pathfinder, & Magic. Look'em up if you're in the area .

Matty_G

Matty_G

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
40k is alive and well in Joplin. There is an Escalation League playing at Changing Hands (528 S Virginia Ave, Joplin, MO 64801) on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Check out Joplin 40k forum.

Mutters

Mutters

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 201 posts
  • Chapter Name: Soul Drinkers
As for St. Louis, most of the places that do 40k post on Game St. Louis, which is a popular forum for St. Louis Gamers: http://www.gamestlouis.com/

Last I remember, here's a short list of places to play 40k in St. Louis:
Fantasy Shop St. Charles (Tuesday Nights)
Ogre's Games on Kingshighway
Wargamer's Cave in Granite City
Game Nite on Watson Road (former Miniature Market location)

There's probably another one, but those are the main venues for play and tournaments.
"Cold and Fast, Soul Drinkers!"

stormoffires

stormoffires

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

I know this is an old post but in case anyone else uses the wonderful search function, 40k in Missouri is very much alive and kicking, theres a new FB page with all the turnys and game stores on it!

https://www.facebook.com/WH40kMissouri

Brother dean

Brother dean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,981 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels,

Social Competitive Gaming Network usually have a last Saturday of the month Tourny.  They have a couple open gaming tables full time too.  (and most of my terrain)  Located in Washington Mo. which is on the StL side in Franklin County..

Dont think they did one last weekend...  odd...

https://www.facebook.com/scgnco

"deans somewhat less rarely updated log" (ammobunker) DA, GotC and PA follies (B&C plog)

4500pts of Deathwing...   Quantity is a Quality all it's own.

(TheShadowGuard)
On wings of death they shall ride, to unleash hell and fury from above
Sons of Johnson shall roll like a tide, in memory of the father and the lord they love

JGeils81

JGeils81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 266 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels
Lookin at PCSing to Leonard wood, Gamers-Hideout still open?
gallery_76798_9350_24990.jpg

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

George S. Patton

Brother Paen

Brother Paen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts

Gamers Hideout is indeed still open. Great place, great hours, great people. 

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,945 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars

Well, there is also the Games-workshop store up on Clarkson (here in St. Louis).  Kinda surprised I didn't see that mentioned here.

I practically don't play at all, though, so I dunno which spots are the most popular.  I'm mostly just a painter tongue.png

Edit- Holy hell this thread is old :lol:  That explains why no one mentioned the GW store.  It was still closed/wasn't open yet.

Edited by Firepower, 01 March 2015 - 07:13 PM.

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_12161.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

Brother dean

Brother dean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,981 posts
  • Chapter Name: Dark Angels,

Well this is an old thread Firepower..

To my knowledge, Game Nite took over Miniature Market's old shop on Watson Road and has gaming tables.

Game Uphoria located in Washington MO has tables and a small selection of GW products and can order whatever.

Games Workshop in Chesterfield as Firepower said.
Fantasy shops in various locations, I dont know about the northern locations but I've heard St. Charles has tables.  The Baptist church road store is willing to set up tables I think.

"deans somewhat less rarely updated log" (ammobunker) DA, GotC and PA follies (B&C plog)

4500pts of Deathwing...   Quantity is a Quality all it's own.

(TheShadowGuard)
On wings of death they shall ride, to unleash hell and fury from above
Sons of Johnson shall roll like a tide, in memory of the father and the lord they love

NockerGeek

NockerGeek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

For those on the Kansas City side, there's a number of stores with active 40K groups:

- Pulp Fiction Comics & Games in Lee's Summit (my home store; has an active 40K Facebook group)

- Game Cafe in Independence

- Tabletop Game and Hobby in Overland Park, KS (technically not MO, but close enough)

- 31st Century Game and Hobby in Olathe, KS

Also, we've got a GT-scale event coming in May, the Midwest Conquest GT.

duz_

duz_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,209 posts
So I am headed to STL in the next few weeks

I was hoping that there's a few local gaming groups around that play for fun?

Whats the local GW like?

mrmagoo

mrmagoo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

There are numerous groups in St. Louis.  They are scattered around but most Stores have a 40k Game Night.

Both have Decent size groups. 

St. Charles Fantasy Shop  Thursday Nights.

Games Nite  Thursday Nights.

Fairview Fantasy Books and Games Thursday Nights(Across the River on the Illinois Side.  Still St. louis though)

There is a GW Store but it only have 2 Tables to play on and gets full quickly.

I know there are a lot of Stores but those are the Big ones.   The one I go to Other Sides Games (Also on the other side of the River).  We have about 8-12 people that show up regularly on Tuesdays for our Campaigns.

Plus we have a Larger group that Combines them all more just web based Group that forms large events.  Mostly at St. Charles Fantasy Shop.  They are trying to get a large Convention Style event going each year in North County. 

http://gateway-gamer...rs-sign-up.html

Edited by mrmagoo, 15 September 2016 - 05:30 PM.

Sol_Invictus

Sol_Invictus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 359 posts

Anybody playing 30k around St. Louis?

L_T_3_2017_Banner.jpg

Ordo Reductor WIP

duz_

duz_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,209 posts
see above there's a few players at Gamenite and the chesterfield GW store
hit up chesterfields fb page if you want to try and tee up a game there

Kennek

Kennek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

Hey Guys... new to the Hobby and just checking in.... Keep me posted on anything worth joining or attending.  As I said, I'm new so I'll need a "crash course" on mechanics.

duz_

duz_

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,209 posts
The forums are a good resource and most factions have a background section about their forces.
Best way would be get down to a local games workshop (gw) or gaming store and start playing.
Where in MO are you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users