Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Comments and Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
273 replies to this topic

Allerka

Allerka

+LEXICANIUM+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,048 posts
May I be the first to say, sa-WEET! Looking forward to the awesome entries we'll see when this wraps up.

Two quick questions:

1: The Single Model section, for Codex: Dark Angels, "Codex Dark Angels 4th Edition: Named Characers, excluding Sammael and generic characters (Interrogator Chaplain, Chaplain, Company Master, Librarian, Techmarine)." I'm assuming the "excluding Sammael and generic characters..." bit just means Sammael is excluded from this category, but generic characters are allowed. However, the way it's worded seems to imply generic characters are forbidden as well.

2: Does any sort of auto-color cleanup for photos taken count as manipulation? (I know I've had issues in the past where pictures come out funny no matter what adjustments to my lighting setup I make, effectively requiring a color re-balance in Photoshop to make them even worth looking at)

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,582 posts
1. Fixed that wording -- Sammael being "bike" mounted would be in the Large Model Category.

2. We want raw pictures here. No airburshing, no star/sunbursts no special added backgrounds or lighting effects.
The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

VtrAxX

VtrAxX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
This will be fun. Look forward to it.
*To Succeed You must work Hard*
*Believe in yourself*
*You will make it if you believe*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 400th POST!!- December 21, 2004 at 7.22pm
WOOOOO! 600TH POST!- March 8th, 2005 at 9:51pm!
IPB Image

Kaldoth

Kaldoth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,889 posts
I'm digging the competition :yes: Sounds like a good idea. I know I'm not going to win, as my painting and converting both suck horribly, but such is life :geek:

Cheers,
-Kal

rat of vengence

rat of vengence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,572 posts
Scchweet! I am up for this :geek:

RoV
If at first you don't succeed, then deep-striking is not for you.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man... but I end up doing it anyway :(

John 3:16

Crusading against Rules Lawyers, Wishful Thinking and Loophole Exploiters since... 2nd Edition

Hyperion

Hyperion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
Wow, this sounds amazing! A question. You specifically state entries have to be 40k-themed, so are Pre-Heresy-themed miniatures forbidden? Obviously some models work in either setting, but I'm thinking about PH traitor legions for example - would PH red Thousand Sons or white/blue World Eaters in PH livery be excluded?

Really looking forward to seeing the entries!
ETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpg

wizard12

wizard12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 561 posts
quick question

what's the age limit on this?

just want to know before I go and paint something up really nicely before being told I can't enter it.
Deathwing W-1 L-2 D-0

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,152 posts
Is this restricted to UK and US or is it possible for others from other countries to enter. (seeing as money prices are involved and in regards to shipment costs)
There are no Deamons in 40k

Codex Grey

Codex Grey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts
Since the top shot of the Large Model/Vehicle entries is optional, maybe participants could get some leeway?
The front/right/back photos work for infantry models because of their often more round shapes and dynamic poses. For vehicles, especially such as the Land Raider, these types of photos makes it harder to get an overall impression of the vehicle. Maybe the optional shot could be a 'perspective shot', taken from an angle so that you can see multiple side, like front, left and top at the same time?

tahrikmili

tahrikmili

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 966 posts
I have no chance of winnng anything but I'll be painting my Blood Angels in the meanwhile so..
BAPC FAILED! :(

Komodo

Komodo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 480 posts
Great! Quick question. Are Rogue Trader era models allowed?

IanSturrock

IanSturrock

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 539 posts
I take it that Space Hulk terminator minis, so long as they're based on 40mm round bases and painted/converted to be clearly a termie from one of the permitted codices, are acceptable?

You might want to clarify whether Defilers are allowed, too -- they're mentioned at the start of the vehicles category, but they're not actually in the main list in the vehicles category (not that I am expecting to enter a Defiler).

Brother Perun

Brother Perun

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts

Is this restricted to UK and US or is it possible for others from other countries to enter. (seeing as money prices are involved and in regards to shipment costs)

also wanna know ^_^
if there is no restriction then - woohoo!! assembled BA honor guard recently... ;)

TheMarineWithTheSpleen

TheMarineWithTheSpleen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts
My stupid question of the day:
I have a squad I want to paint, but I have altered the special weapon guys a little bit.
One is holding a flamer with one hand and instead of giving another marine a plasmathrower I gave him two plasma pistols as a count-as plasma thrower.
Is this legal to enter in the contest?
„Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.“

InyokaMadoda

InyokaMadoda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5 posts
Assumedly there will be a thread that contains all of the entries so that we can vote on them too...? When will this be up and running?

Really pleased to see this competition and really look forward to seeing the entries!

KEEPER

KEEPER

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts
Can't say I'm the best painter or modeler around, but I'll through one or two models into the contest.
DIY Chapter: The Arch Angels

"For your tomorrows, we give our today's."

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
I will enter a contest, though I will be surprised if I place. :(

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

twistinthunder

twistinthunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
i don't understand why we can't enter daemons of chaos models, since we're allowed to post them on the site in general it doesn't really make sense. :(

Tsuro

Tsuro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts
CATEGORY 3 - LARGE MODEL/VEHICLE

I presumed Space Wolf Thunder Wolf riders would be in this category like regular bike upgrades, but theres no mention of them. Does this make them an ineligible choice for the competition?

traitor_dice

traitor_dice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 178 posts

i don't understand why we can't enter daemons of chaos models, since we're allowed to post them on the site in general it doesn't really make sense. :(

I may be wrong but i think thats because even though chaos daemons are allowed on the forum, they aren't a PA army. I'm pretty sure they're allowed on the forum because of their split from being a part of chaos space marines to their own race.

as for an entry.....hmmm.....got a nice captain in the works, along with maybe a LR.
Serveing battle brother in the great SW brawl of '09
The Battlefield.
QUOTE (Grey Mage @ Nov 18 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only orks have a plan of attack that will survive contact with the enemy.

twistinthunder

twistinthunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
nobody knows how big thunderwolf cavalry models are meant to be, canis wolfborns thunderwolf is meant to be exceptionally big isnt it

Akozz

Akozz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 57 posts

I take it that Space Hulk terminator minis, so long as they're based on 40mm round bases and painted/converted to be clearly a termie from one of the permitted codices, are acceptable?

You might want to clarify whether Defilers are allowed, too -- they're mentioned at the start of the vehicles category, but they're not actually in the main list in the vehicles category (not that I am expecting to enter a Defiler).

yeah, I have the same question.

Are Space Hulk Terminators allowed ?

TheDarkApostle

TheDarkApostle

++ EXAUGURO OCULUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,145 posts

I presumed Space Wolf Thunder Wolf riders would be in this category like regular bike upgrades, but theres no mention of them. Does this make them an ineligible choice for the competition?

My guess is that it was omitted as I don't think the list has been updated properly since before the Space Wolf 'dex was released.

i don't understand why we can't enter daemons of chaos models, since we're allowed to post them on the site in general it doesn't really make sense. :)

I may be wrong but i think thats because even though chaos daemons are allowed on the forum, they aren't a PA army. I'm pretty sure they're allowed on the forum because of their split from being a part of chaos space marines to their own race.

Well, if Generic Daemons were allowed while Chaos Daemons weren't, even though they use the exact same models, it would get pretty complicated right? ;) But yeah, they're not included in the competition as they are technically not "Power Armor".

TDA

twistinthunder

twistinthunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts

My guess is that it was omitted as I don't think the list has been updated properly since before the Space Wolf 'dex was released.

i don't understand why we can't enter daemons of chaos models, since we're allowed to post them on the site in general it doesn't really make sense. :)

Well, if Generic Daemons were allowed while Chaos Daemons weren't, even though they use the exact same models, it would get pretty complicated right? ;) But yeah, they're not included in the competition as they are technically not "Power Armor".

TDA

thats pretty stupid since it's treating daemons player like their 2nd class.

"yeah you can post your daemon pics here, but you can't enter our competitions with them."

Hubernator

Hubernator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,634 posts
Suddenly I'm inspired to get my Dreadnought done faster than ever before :D I doubt I'll win anything but hey, worth a shot :)

QUOTE (StrangeGuy @ Jan 28 2010, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jonny the Space Marine)
-Don't like Vampires. If they "sparkle" though, my wife and 2 daughters just may take up 40K!

Vampires don't sparkle!!!! *ragefilledheadexplosion*