Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Comments and Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
273 replies to this topic

Tycho's Ghost

Tycho's Ghost

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts
Is there an age limit, if none then i need to start working on mephiston.
Captain Tycho was like that crazy uncle everyone has, on the outside they are rough and mean but on the inside all nice and psychotic.

Brother Hadafix

Brother Hadafix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,526 posts
Is there anyway of submitting pics from a 35mm camera? My digital one is bust and Ive recently started painting up a few units.

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,582 posts
Ok to answer some question:

Age limit/location: We have never and will never have age limits on a contest. We also have never restricted contests based on your world location. Now there is a chance that if you live in Italy or Malaysia or a few other world areas that yes, there may be an issue getting you a prize should you win but you'll have to work something out with the sponsor on that if it comes down to it.

Pictures: The pictures listed are how we want the shots.

Old Models/Space Hulk models: We haven't excluded models based on age or the game they come from. As long a model can meet the game legal requirements of the codex entries as listed you can use it. So yes a RT era marine with a bolter works just as well as a current plastic marine with a bolter. Same goes for a SH terminator (1st, 2nd or 3rd edition) However the old RT era Marine with a shuriken catapult would not.

Entry threads: Yes, since you the membership will be picking the "People's Choice" winners there will be entry threads (as there have been for all the contests).

Demons, Wolf Riders, Defiliers, Soul Grinders, Etc. : As the rules say:

If you don't see it in the list then you can't use it.

So that would be a no on all of those and this is intentional. It is possible we may expand the criteria in future events but for this first one we are keeping it small.
Thanks to twistedthunder we will be removing the Daemon forum from the site as well. :D :)

Brother Hadafix: You could scan your 35mm pictures but we won't be accepting photos in the mail if that is what you are asking.
The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

Captin Xavier

Captin Xavier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts

Demons, Wolf Riders, Defiliers, Soul Grinders, Etc. : As the rules say:

If you don't see it in the list then you can't use it.

I take it this means that Brother Artemis (and conversions) from the Inquisitor range are out as far as a large entry is considered.

Cheers
Cpt X

Edited by Captin Xavier, 01 November 2009 - 03:12 PM.

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,582 posts
That's right. Same goes for the 120+mm FW statues and the busts.

If the turn out is good this year we'll look at adding/changing categories for next year.
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:

Captin Xavier

Captin Xavier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 108 posts
Well that's my entry up in smoke :D
Thanks for the quick reply.....looks like i need to think of a new entry

Cheers
Cpt X

Edited by Captin Xavier, 01 November 2009 - 03:18 PM.

Brother Hadafix

Brother Hadafix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,526 posts

Ok to answer some question:

Brother Hadafix: You could scan your 35mm pictures but we won't be accepting photos in the mail if that is what you are asking.

Will have to see what I get on the 25 December then. :D Good reason to give some units the best paint job I can though.

twistinthunder

twistinthunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
im glad im not that TWISTEDTHUNDER guy.

were you joking about removing that sub-forum.

Aaron the Unforgivin

Aaron the Unforgivin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 543 posts
Cool, another painting contest. Always fun to enter and with the arrival of the new Wolves codex I actually picked up a paint brush again. I'll have to think of something to enter then. And for the people asking silly question, read my signature...
When considering submitting a piece for a competition, you must, without fail, ask said competition's coordinator any and every question you can conceive of in an attempt to bend said competition's rules and restrictions to suit your personal desires.  This rule must be especially observed if entry into said competetion involves no fee and includes a prize generously donated by an individual who gains little or nothing from such a venture.

Ramos

Ramos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts
So Ive lurked these forums from time to time, and this really made me join.
So a question for you. Is there a requirement as far as post count/how long a contestant has been a member here?

I'd really love to give this all a shot :)

dragonforge

dragonforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 605 posts
As one of the sponsors, regarding the question of can you enter if you don't live in the USA or UK.. Hell yes..Ill ship the prizes to winners anywhere in the world just like I do my normal customer orders.. So get painting!

skarekrow

skarekrow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 82 posts
this was a nice surprise to get in the mail. i will definitely be entering, i have just the thing for this since they had FW minis instore at my local GW yesterday....

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,582 posts

So a question for you. Is there a requirement as far as post count/how long a contestant has been a member here?

I'd really love to give this all a shot ^_^

Just have to be a member of the forum.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

Firenze

Firenze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,135 posts
I am so in. I probs wont place but oh well!
"Stop blindly obeying the words of the book and look at the situation. You have completed your training, but you must now learn to apply it. Regurgitation is not the answer, simple analysis and thought must be used to solve the problem!" — Captain Maodes Karib, Raptors 5th Company

http://benjis-hub.tumblr.com/

Bigger-than-Jesus

Bigger-than-Jesus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,952 posts
Consider me in. Can we start WIP threads purely for the competition in this sub-form?
In Inquisitor, a Space Marine can take a krak grenade, pull out the pin, eat the grenade, throw the pin, and the thrown pin will actually kill a normal man, whereas the Space Marine won't even have indigestion.

If it takes more than 20 bolter rounds to take something down, maybe you should leave it alone...

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,582 posts
Rules say you can have a wip thread however, please put it in the regular WIP forum
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

twistinthunder

twistinthunder

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
kurgan are you really removing the daemon forum?

Sunfalcon

Sunfalcon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts
I wanna enter the contest! I think I enter with all 3 categories :lol:

TheDarker

TheDarker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
(Darker, playing the role of Kurgan) Ehrm... no... that was a joke... i think...

On the topic, considere me in!!... if i can paint something in time... i´m VERY slow....

gallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

BL HORUS HERESY TIMELINE (WIP) If you want to help with this, take a look and PM msn-wink.gif

My blog: http://obscurusfio.blogspot.com

Hashshashin

Hashshashin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
Although there is next to no chance i can even place, I will be entering at least one category.

This is great guys, and now we can see all the ringers in our midst... :D

Cheers

Kommissar Kai

Kommissar Kai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 25 posts
Best of luck to everyone!
i look forward to seeing what the Grand prize looks like in it's gold resin glory!

KNEPH

KNEPH

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16 posts
It's a shame defilers aren't allowed.... Just makes me have to work harder on my pred. :D

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down a flight of stairs.

QUOTE (Marchosias @ May 4 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE ('anonymous...)
and not to be argumentitive, but thousand sons are not going to survive whatever firepower is thrown at them, they are no more survivable vrs normal shooting than normal marines.

Plasma cannons, plasma guns, plasma pistols, meltaguns, krak missiles, silly redeemer template weapons, starcannons, silly wraithguard weapons, guass weapons, rending shots, battle cannons, lascannons, demolition charges? I could go on.

MainlyPainting

MainlyPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
im a total noob when it comes to competitions and i dont think i'll win but i would like to see how far my painting skills can get me.
do we get critism back from the judges??

Ramos

Ramos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

I'd really love to give this all a shot :D

Just have to be a member of the forum.

Ah wonderful!
Ill see what I can bang up for the deadline then!
Thank you!

Hubernator

Hubernator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,634 posts
Just a thought - how many entries can one member enter into the competition? Is it one per person?

QUOTE (StrangeGuy @ Jan 28 2010, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jonny the Space Marine)
-Don't like Vampires. If they "sparkle" though, my wife and 2 daughters just may take up 40K!

Vampires don't sparkle!!!! *ragefilledheadexplosion*