= 1,000 Chapter Project: post links here for MIA Chapters =

Philip S

I was going through the rulebook today and found a Chapter named therein that is not given in the current gallery. On page 115 data on the planet Minea is given. The Space Marine Chapter listed as being closest to that planet is the "Crimson Scions". No other information is given on the Chapter, nor have I found any other references/depictions of the Chapter in official material.

• 7 months later...

Hi Phil

My one's Black Sun but you have it down as Black Suns with an S, the colour scheme isn't far off but it is incorrect and so is the chapter symbol the correct one can be seen on my avatar

@ Brother Tyler - Ops, I missed your input last time around. The Crimson Scions have been added. They link to my 'Obscure Chapters' page, as there is no English page on the Lexicanum (the Obscure Chapters page links to the German version of the Lexicanum). I've added your nik to the credits page, along with Inquisitor S.

@ Whylie - At the moment the Black Sun/s are listed as 'MIA' (Missing Index Astartes). Do you have an Index Astartes, or gallery, for your chapter which I can link to?

Philip

Hi Phil

I have a gallery here on B&C with some colour schemes done on the SM painter and some fluff but the fluff is hand written and I'm not the fastest typist in the world.

as far as an AI what do you need?

@ Hells Guardian - nice work. I need a standard tactical marine painted up in v5, armed with a bolter, and a white background. A link to the DIY submissions thread is in the first post :HQ:

@ Whylie - I assume this isn't reclaiming an MIA chapter? The bare minimum IA covers the basics - home world, history, geneseed, founding date (if known), and a summery of the concept (are they codex? favour assault? etc.). Do you have a painted gallery?

++++++

Please post future DIY submissions here. This thread is to reclaim MIAs already in the list.

Philip

Edited by Philip S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there

http://philipsibbering.com/blog/1000-chapt...-mia/?nggpage=9

Light Bearer chapter in the second row from the bottom is of my making from some years back the IA that I am planing to rework some time in the future can be found here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=107560&hl=

Cheers

P.S. when I get back to rework the story I will just post it in the same topic so you don't have to change the link

Hello!

I was just checking your list of chapters, and spotted my Infinity Knights amongst the listed. (I think it's mine, anyway - I recognize the colours!)

However, the link doesn't go to their IA, instead going to a blank page on Heru Talon's blog.

So, in case you need it, here's a link to the most recent draft of the Infinity Knights IA:

IA: Infinity Knights

Admittedly it's a WIP still, but it's quite up-to-date. :)

EDIT:

I've posted this in the wrong topic, haven't I.

Sorry! :lol:

Edited by Ace Debonair

@ Hrvat - thanks. Link added.

@ Ace Debonair - thanks. Link added. (note: this is the correct topic as you are reclaiming a chapter :D).

@ KingHongKong - I'll update the entry when I have your new IA (keeps my database nice a neat, no number gaps, if I substitute the images and change the name).

@ Evz, emperorslion, Epistolary Exander - this is the wrong thread for submissions. This thread is for reclaiming MIAs only. Please see first post for details of submissions.

Philip

@ Ace Debonair - thanks. Link added. (note: this is the correct topic as you are reclaiming a chapter ;)).

Funny thing is, I actually meant to post in the other topic in Amicus. :tu:

So... I posted in the right topic by accident. :blink:

That says a great deal about me, huh! :lol:

EDIT:

Also, thanks!

...Way to forget why you were posting in the first place, Ace. *Facepalm*

Edited by Ace Debonair

Here's my DIY Chapter, The Angels Of Retribution. I have attached what I have on them. I will add some of my painted Space Marines soonest and please feel free to help out with my story line. I have just started to pull it together. Thanks.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...;showentry=7656

I think the basic methodology he's using is to leave official Chapters alone. The Angels of Retribution are an official Chapter that was listed by Games Workshop in 3rd edition (Chapter Approved and Codex: Assassins). As far as the mention in Chapter Approved goes, it was an inclusion in the "It's All in the Name" article list of later founding Chapters (and this article first appeared in White Dwarf magazine). As for the mention of the Angels of Retribution in Codex: Assassins, it is in the flavor text box on the inside back cover:

THE OFFICIO ASSASSINORUM AND SPACE MARINE CHAPTERS

As befits such proud and dedicated warriors, Space Marines are contemptuous of assassination, and will have little to do with assassins under most circumstances. There are even rumours which implicate the Officio Assassinorum in the downfall of certain Space Marine Chapters - the mysterious loss of the Fire Hawks' fleet in the warp, the unexplained destruction of the Crimson Fists' Chapter fortress on Rynn's World, the disastrous ambush of the Angels of Retribution on Alantor X and several other less well-known incidents have all been laid at the assassins' door. No definitive evidence of such activities can be brought to prove these accusations, but a trail of coincidences gives ample fuel for the conspiracy theorists. Whether assassins truly brought about any or all of these disasters, and whether they were operating at the behest of the High Lords of Terra or in accordance with the aims of some other group, are questions which are unlikely to ever be satisfactorily answered.

So while you are working on a DIY to "fill the gap" that GW has left, it is still an official Chapter and I believe that it won't be included in the 1,000 Chapters project unless GW provides an official scheme.

I can't provide an authoritative answer on Phil's behalf, of course, but this question has come up in the past (and is part of the reason for why I shifted from the Invictors Chapter to the purely homegrown Vengeance Hawks).

@ Marine5 - to echo Brother Tyler, The Angels Of Retribution are canon and therefore sacrosanct. At a later date I'll add in an optional link for fan made versions of canon chapters. When that happens I'll add your chapter.

Philip

@ Marine5 - to echo Brother Tyler, The Angels Of Retribution are canon and therefore sacrosanct. At a later date I'll add in an optional link for fan made versions of canon chapters. When that happens I'll add your chapter.

Philip

I guess I will start working up another name. Thanks,

Hey there, just a small update on my Chapter, the Shadow Falcons. they have been revised slightly with a new IA which can be found in my sig below. Their new colour scheme can be found in post #31.

Loving the project and your dedication to it, well done. Thank you.

I guess I will start working up another name. Thanks,

Try and use a thesaurus to find a similar word to replace Retribution and use Philip's database to see if it's not been used. There'll be aplenty to choose form I'm sure. <_<

Cambrius