More Tales from the Fang

Warhorse47

Decoy was still shaking his head and laughing as he left the repair/refit shop. Listening to that Ultramarine Techpriest arguing with Warhorse over the repairs that Firenze had done to get his helmet working again had been the best part of the day so far, well, maybe getting his Wolf Claws repaired and running properly again, was better. "But he has not been through the Mechanicus training!" "So what, he got it working, didn't he?" But it is not sanctified properly." "Then sanctify it, by Russ' tankard, why don't you?' "But we do not know how he did it, so we can't sanctify it!" "Then give me my bloody helm back!" "We cannot, it is defiled....." They could still be heard arguing from over here.....and Firenze had all the coggers glaring at him as if he had a Slaaneshi girlfriend on each arm. Decoy looked around for the rest of the pack, ah, there's Vassakov with "his" Blood Claws, after a rough start they had turned into a fierce fighting team, Ragnarok was still meeting with their Wolf Lord, reporting on the last few days, the rest were over painting their rescued vehicles, while Bjeorn was trying to locate Toby and Jenna's mother in that abomination called a "resettlement camp". Picking up Inga's and the children's scent from down the street, he decided he would check on them. Looking over and spotting them in a sunny spot, it still made him wonder, easily capable of snapping a space marine's head off with one bite, the giant wolf was curled up in the sun, with both children snuggled against her, protected and sound asleep. Two young Ultramarine Scouts were staring at the strange tableau, but were obviously leery of waking the great beast. Inga opened her eyes and looked at Decoy, then down the street, where the sound of a racing Salamander could be heard approaching. Black with red trim, it gleamed in the morning light as it sped towards them. It obviously was a pampered vehicle, quite unlike the Ultramarine or Wolf transports which showed honest use and repairs. It slowed and then stopped acroos from the group and a short, red faced Commissar stepped from the vehicle. Placing his hat on his head at a supposedly intimidating angle, he walked past Decoy and up to the two Ultras, "Why are these children out here and not in the camp?' he demanded. "We have not been told to take any strays into your camp" was the reply. "Do you see my rank? Now take them and that creature and get to it!" Catching the eye of one of the scouts, Decoy shook his head, telling him no. Feeling his good mood evaporate he walked up to the Commissar, and asked"Now just who are you and why are you so stupid?"

Hmm... I foresee.... A corpse in the comissar's future, or lack thereof.

Or lack of a head.

Last time I checked beheading still made a corpse. Although now Im not sure :lol: . Here Firenze, hold still, Im going to double check...

:swings frost axe:

Before the Commissar could respond came a roar of command that only a Senior Sergeant could manage. Both scouts snapping to attention as a grizzled veteran Ultra strode up, he whispered to Decoy, "Good job, take care of business...." and winked, then began chewing his two scouts out about wasting time in the park. As they exited, the Commissar demanded, "And just who do you think you are?" "I'm just one of the WARRIORS who have been keeping these kids safe and alive the last couple of weeks, since we found them. And I am going to keep that responsibility until told to do otherwise by one of my leaders." The scene was beginning to draw attention from people all over the park, who began yelling at the Commissar to leave the kids alone. The Commissar looked and said, "I can execute you or any of these people here unless you cooperate." Decoy looked over at Inga, now on her feet, fur bristling, and laughed out loud. He then dropped to one knee so he could look the shorter man eye to eye and told him "If you think you are quick enough, you can try to kill me, but then that wolf over there will kill you. And if you try to kill her first, I will kill you. The Inquisition has already left them in our care, so maybe you ought to talk with them first before making a fool or a corpse of yourself." His face matching the scarlet of his sash, all he could do was sputter in rage and then he lost his temper and judgment. Fumbling with his ornate holster, his grasp was poor and he dropped his pistol at his feet. Decoy slapped it away with a flick of his claws, and then stopped as a husky female voice, said, "Maybe I can help." Looking over his shoulder the first thing he noticed was eyes so blue they reminded of the seas of Fenris itself, framed by dark brown hair...the he noticed she wore the armor of one of the Sisters of Battle. another sister was kneeling with the children, watching Inga chewing the pistol to scrap. "Commissar" she continued smoothly, "since the Inquisition has already placed these children under the care of the Wolves, and their is one of their Wolf Priests in the camp finding their mother, why don't you leave this minor irritation with us. I'm sure you have more important matters to attend to than 2 small children." While this was going on, a Razorback with the phrase "Schert's Scooter" had pulled upand had lowered it's ramp. The first sister turned and said, "Sister take those children into the vehicle." Unfortunately, at this moment, the Commissar lost his temper completely and began screaming incoherently and grabbed for his chainsword. Decoy grabbed him and threw him into a nearby trash dumpster and then flipped it over to keep him inside. "That won't work long, as soon as he figures out how to use that chainsword, he'll be out!" the sister yelled. The hatch had already shut on the Razor, so Decoy jumped atop and held out his hand to help the blue eyed goddess up. She didn't need it, as she easily slid gracefully on top next to Decoy. "Does this thing move?" she asked a grinning Schertenlieb. "Does it ever!" he replied and tore across the park as the Commissar finally extricated himself from the dumpster. "Susan are you and the kids alright in there?' yelled the first sister into the com link. A gruff voice answered "She's doing just fine." and there was a lot of giggling in the background. "'Horse is that you?" "He's a little buried right now, with Inga and and Jenna and a Sister all on his lap." was Firenze's answer. "How in Russ' name did you all fit in there?" I have NO idea, but you ought to see the grin on the Warhorse's face.OW, what was that for?" "I hate to interrupt you boys, but the Commissar is gaining on us." Not for long was Schert's comment as he hit the supercharger on the reclaimed Blood Angel's Razorback.

As the Razorback roared down the street, it became obvious they weren't going to outrun the Salamander, so Schert' swung it down a narrow alley and gunned the engine. Flattening dumpsters, trash cans and leaving Decoy and the Sister ducking fire escapes, the grinding of the slightly wider Salamander could be heard as it tried to follow. They rocketed out of the alley and turned hard left, their goal to get back to the Space Wolves' staging area. Suddenly an attack bike swung after them, driven by Mikal Wolfheart, with Irlin the Gray riding shotgun and Bran Scalphunter hanging on the back. Catching up to them, Bran jumped atop the Razorback and said "They are tracking you somehow! What have you got of the Commissar's?" "Only the pistol Inga;s using for a chew toy and his hat." came the muffled reply. "Okay, must be the hat! Turn right at the next street so we can switch out the kids and you guys can lead them off." came the shouted orders from the Rune Priest. Swinging around they spotted Daniel with it's ramp standing open. As the crowded Razor dropped it;s ramp, Bran looked at the Sister, then at Decoy, "you know with Sisters here and Warhorse around this is going to involve ale and hot tubs by the time this is all over, don't you?" asked Bran. "Aye brother." replied Decoy and then Schert asked "How does someone as ugly and grouchy as him do that?" Both shrugged as Firenze replaced Jester at the helm of Daniel and 'Horse, the kids, Inga and a tall sister with hazel eyes leapt gracefully into the Raider, laughing at something. Gunning the engine and spraying pavement, the Razor launched itself back the opposite direction of the Raider to draw their pursuers off. It became clear that the Commissar did not intend to quit as now 3 sentinels came charging down the street after them. "Russ curse this mess, he's sending our own protectorate troops after us, be careful those are our own people!" came Decoy's oath. The first got a little to close in trying to herd them and Bran swung his "exterminatussock" a heavily modified thunder hammer that looked like a flail and caught the leg of the Sentinel. Hydraulic fluid spraying from the shattered knee, the machine crashed to the ground and skidded into the other 2 knocking them out of the chase as well.

Meanwhile, back at the raider.......

As Firenze backed the Raider out of it's spot, they watched the Sentinels race after the speeding Razor. Turning towards the Wolves' encampment they saw several Chimeras turning their way. "Uh Horse, any suggestions?" "Be inconspicuous." "If you haven't noticed we're in a 60 ton tank with a keg of ale strapped on top. How inconspicuous do you think we can get?" Any further discussion was cut short as the Chimeras split up to surround Daniel. "Well, should we try asking nicely, or not?" Firenze asked as they drew closer. "I don't think it will work too well" was the reply, "especially if they know we've got a full tank of Wolfwhiz on board..." "oh, one of the Cogboys gave me a recording of some old Terran hymns, there's one here I gotta use now....." suddenly the air was filled with a man's voice singing about getting beer somewhere between Atlanta and someplace called Texarkana. "That's a hymn?" asked Susan and Horse in unison. "According to him, yeah, and since he was helping finish up Horse's helmet, I wasn't going to argue. He said it was centuries old, had a whole bunch of them about all sorts of mechanical stuff. HANG ON!" A sudden crunching sound announced the "diplomatic intentions" of the mission had suddenly ended.....

Strapping into the seat controlling the assault cannon turret as Jester held onto the port laser controls, Warhorse looked out in bewilderment, "How many did you say were chasing us?" "yeah some more turned up all of a sudden" was Firenze's response. " Any suggestions on which way to go now, oh Ancient One?" was the next question from the Blood Claw. "okay then pup, turn right at the next road." "DON'T TURN RIGHT! DON'T TURN RIGHT!" as they saw even more transports heading their way, Firenze swung the ponderous Daniel around and then yelled for everyone to hang on! As if on command, the pursuing Chimeras and Sentinels parted to allow their quarry to race through their ranks to avoid being run over. One Chimera was not skillful enough and went plunging into a building lettered "O'Toole's Genuine Chinese Buffet and Taco Emporium" before he could regain control of his machine.

Suddenly a Land Speeder flew directly over the great machine and a figure in Terminator armor leapt off it, landing on the errant Raider. "What in the Name of Russ are you two doing?" yelled Ragnarok. "Keeping the kids out of the hands of that loony Commissar!" Horse yelled back, his usual cantankerousness surfacing again. The upper hatch opened up for the Wolf Guard to look in, seeing the kids and suddenly getting a gigantic slurp across his face from Inga, it took him a moment to realize there was another passenger in there..."Okay, Horse, explain the Sister...." "I can explain myself" she replied evenly, light brown hair whipping across her face. "But you have some help coming too. Your Wolves are heading your way and said if you head east they can join up with you and Decoy. Oh and the Cannoness is with your Wolf Priest and the kid's mother! They are on their way here in Rhino 5 they said to tell you."

"Holy...look at that Bolter Babe Wagon!" Firenze yelled! One of the organ packing flame altars had taken up a blocking position at the cross section to aid the Wolves' escape and had the entire side street blocked. As they raced past Firenze yelled "I love women drivers!" to a decidedly cute Sister, in the driver's hatch. She threw him a quick wink before any more could be said. With escape in sight, an all too familiar black and red Salamander pulled across the street, completely blocking it. As the crew ran from the vehicle, Ragnarok grimly ordered "Go over it if it doesn't move." Pointing his chainsword at the oncoming Raider, the Commissar stood in front of the Salamander, yelling something at the Wolves, who could not hear him over the racing engine. Suddenly realizing he was about to become jelly, he desperately tried to leap out of the path of the oncoming behemoth, but didn't quite make it clear, as the tread caught his sash,and yanked him around the Raider's hull. Ragnarok grabbed him as he whipped past, gibbering incoherently. The collision with the transport nearly throwing him skyward, he grabbed the cannon mount and held them both on the top of the unstoppable Daniel.

Several hours later, the Ultramarine Company Commander looked up at the Inquisitor and the Commissar. "Let me get this straight, you want me to launch an official investigation of another Space Marine Chapter? You both have that authority, and that tells me that you don't want your own actions scrutinized by your own people. Play your games somewhere else. I am beginning to see why that Wolf Priest and his Wolves have no respect for you two. Get out of my sight." Shaking his head, he turned to his scout sergeant and said, "I really do wish you would have gotten better holos of that scene in the park...."

As Ragnarok's cobbled together pack gathered together to see the kid's and their Mom off, they all felt a sense of sadness, having gotten close to the kids. Their Mom openly cried and hugged them all, turning Mikal's face beet red at the hug he got. After they had gone the last question asked was from Firenze, "HOW big a hot tub do you want ?"

How did I miss the chapter before last?

Riding an attack bike? 1200 Imperial Credits. Riding an attack bike with three Space Wolves? Priceless.

These tales are simply hilarious.

I love the creativity we're seeing. I don't think any of the other forums have done such an insane thing.

Ok, I've recently just gotten back into the hobby with my wolves and this happens to be one of the first things I read about the pups. AMAZING! Makes me realize how much I love the wolves :D

Thanks, Brothers! We have to give credit to Firenze for getting these tales started, here's to you my brother!

Thank you Warhorse. As you have done this, I am going to let only you in on a little secret.

Thanks, Brothers! We have to give credit to Firenze for getting these tales started, here's to you my brother!

Thank you Warhorse. As you have done this, I am going to let only you in on a little secret.

You're planning on becoming Great Wolf?

Archived