Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pre Heresy Lightning claws

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,874 posts
i recently converted a couple power fists into some pre-heresy lightning claws. i think they look alright so i thought i'd share. (beforehand i'd like to say sorry for my cruddy photography skills)

stuff you need:
5 combat knives
1 powerfist (one thats not clenched in a fist)

take the combat knives and chop them off where the curvy bit ends

then for the power fist clip off the first part of the thumb and the fingers all the way to the knuckles.

then glue them on and you're done

please go to for pictures: http://www.flickr.co...s/38206935@N06/
(this is my first tutorial. i tried inserting photos and it said that i "wasnt allowed to use that image extention")

Note: as you can see in the pictues, if you have mk 1 combat knives this looks a lot better

Edited by Vairocanum, 30 March 2011 - 07:50 AM.

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

cathar the great

cathar the great

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,511 posts
I like it. A tad too large maybe but if you cut the blades in half it would look just fine. In my opinion that is ^^

Try uploading your pictures to your own Bolter&Chainsword gallery. Maybe there is a problem with the flickr-pictures.

Brother Anvilus

Brother Anvilus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 333 posts
reminds me of edward scissorhands :D but good idea :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ Army Status: Reformation in progress ]
[ 96% Eternal Legion // 4% Minotaurs // ***% Unpainted ] [ 3855 Pts // 145 Pts // **** Pts ]

QUOTE (Giga @ Nov 21 2012, 11:04 AM)
The helmet needs to be pink. As per the codex astartes. There is no other option, sorry.

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
looks very good, i think ill give it a try. i may add wires from the blades into the fist though, pre heresy guys love their wires ;)
Iron Warriors 11th Siege Company- http://www.bolterand...howtopic=236656

death_incarnite

death_incarnite

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 131 posts
that does look nice but one way i like is take a regular power fist then take off the head needles from a kroot and they both mold perfectly to the model and looks extremely deadly
strike quickly and mercilessly let nothing stay your wrath. remember an enemy is more easily defeated if they dont even know they are fighting.

one day a man was in court and the judge deemed him insane, the man responded who are you to call me insane for i have fought in a eight year war, i have faced death gun to gun and seen things that would drive you insane in a moment, in a matter of fact who are you to deem who is insane for only those who survive can deem what is insane, and only the insane can survive... whos really insane

MTMK15

MTMK15

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
looks very chaos-y. the fingers are really cool though. but i'm gonna cut the thumb's blade down. a tad too long. and thank you for giving me a great idea. i got a sternguard that nids a lightning claw put comes with a powerfist :tu:
Pro Conventio quod Leo!!
Pro Veneratio Conventio!!

Let them attack the Fort. We can use the target practice

Painting Blog:
http://interestsoap....0000-figurines/

Deus de Mortalis

Deus de Mortalis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
Woah! Freddy Kreuger!

THERE WILL BE NO PEACE AMONG THE STARS

-    -    -

ONLY AN ETERNITY OF CARNAGE AND SLAUGHTER

-    -    -

AND THE HIDEOUS LAUGHTER OF EVER-THIRSTING GODS

-    -    -

LET THE GALAXY BURN

God Of War

God Of War

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
A bit long, but its a great design.
Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!-Dark Apostle Harzan of the Word Bearers
I have no enemies. I killed them all.

MTMK15

MTMK15

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
my captain looks badass with these.
Pro Conventio quod Leo!!
Pro Veneratio Conventio!!

Let them attack the Fort. We can use the target practice

Painting Blog:
http://interestsoap....0000-figurines/

Solomon de Gravier

Solomon de Gravier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 203 posts
Maybe a bit too long? Anyway, they look badass. Nice work on your first tutorial.
Ah, signatures. What use really is a signature but a form of distacting it's reader so that they do not fully read the posts of the member whose signature is distracting them therefore creating a vicious circle of misunderstanding wherein none have any clue about the subject of which they are reading prompting them to post stupid comments with no reference whatsoever to the original post. Such ignorance should be avoided lest we fall into a period of decay where no good comment can be found. Such an occassion could tear this very forum from it's boundries and ...hang on, get back to reading my post!

Wicced

Wicced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 883 posts
used this fantastic tutorial for some of my night lords.
in my humble opinion it looks even better, when used on a powerfist with bent fingers, because the finished lightning claw doesn't look that big in this way.
'Death haunts the darkness and he knows your names! ' - Night Haunter -

check out my Night Lords WIP! now with fluff msn-wink.gif
Screams of Despair