Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sisters List, construction underway...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 605 posts
A couple of Questions about the loadout of the Canoness. I tried for something cheap and effective, but i am wondering about running a jump pack canoness instead...

What is a good loadout for a canoness to run with Seraphim w hand flamers?

Should I bring a second Canoness at 1850?

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

HQ:

Canoness, Litanies, Book, Combi-Melta, Brazier, Bolt Pistol - 101

Fast Attack:

5x Dominions w 4x Flamer, Veteran Superior, Brazier, Combi-Melta, Immolator w Twin Hv. Flamer - 195

10x Seraphim w 2x Hand Flamer, Veteran Superior, Eviscerator, Book - 274

Troops:

10x Battle Sisters w 2x Meltagun, Simulacrium Imperialis, Veteran Superior w Book, Repressor - 219
10x Battle Sisters w Hv. Flamer & Meltagun, Simulacrium Imperialis, Veteran Superior w Book, Repressor - 221
10x Battle Sisters w Hv. Flamer & Meltagun, Simulacrium Imperialis, Veteran Superior w Book, Repressor - 221

Heavy Support:

Exorcist
Exorcist

Totals 1501 - comments on effectivness, debating dominions or ceslestian retinue. I like dominions cause she can leave the squad after they have their 1 shot FREE 6-flamer-template-rending-act-of-faith. A canoness with a combi-melta and a deathwish (Yay Martyrdom!) can't be ignored...

What about the seraphim squad? too big? Taking 2 units of 7 and dropping the dominions, and giving the canoness a jump pack and different loadout is possible - but is it better?

What would you add to bring it to 1850?

Inquisitor Fox

Inquisitor Fox

++ QUAESTOR PERSONATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,598 posts
Most people that use a variant of the Flying Nun of Doom go with the following:

Either Eviscerator OR Blessed Weapon, Inferno Pistol, book of st lucius, cloak of st aspira, mantle of ophelia, rosarius. Sometimes meltabombs.

I think a combi-melta and bolt pistol aren't really your best choice in terms of utilizing her stats and staying power, especially when you consider the Acts of Faith she can perform. :D

My Seraphim squad sits between 6 and 8 (models and points being the limitation) with a VSS w/ plasma pistol and power weapon and book, then two sisters with TL inferno pistols. I don't use the hand flamers as much so I can't really comment on their effectiveness, but your unit matches most I typically see listed :) If anything possibly it seems the average is 7 or 8 sisters, and sometimes with meltabombs as well.

(F.K.A. Inquisitor NicolePyykkonen)

lordsloth

lordsloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts

Should I bring a second Canoness at 1850?

What would you add to bring it to 1850?

Yes, I'd even bring a second canny in 1500, but thats me.

I'd add a flying nun for your phims and a fourth squad of battle sisters. Cant go wrong with more troops in a sororitas list.

panbient

panbient

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 197 posts

keep in mind that running a Canoness with Seraphims negates their Hit and Run rule.

lordsloth

lordsloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts

keep in mind that running a Canoness with Seraphims negates their Hit and Run rule.

True, but nevertheless it can have its uses. I generally run my flying nun with an eviscerator. She will stick with the phims to hide and then peal of to hunt vehicles, tarpit a monstrous creature (2++) or oneshot a t3 or 4 independant character. After this the phims are free to do their nasty hit and run thing.

TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 605 posts
Can Seraphim with a Canoness Charge, then enxt round the Seraphim leave combat via hit and run and the Canoness stays?

Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,291 posts

Can Seraphim with a Canoness Charge, then enxt round the Seraphim leave combat via hit and run and the Canoness stays?

As panbient's post two spots above your own states, Seraphim with an attached Canoness cannot use their Hit and Run rule to leave combat.
Current Projects:

Codex: Order of the Faithful Blade
Final Version posted (save for minor tweaks)
Index Astartes & Codex: Errant Falcons
Still in Development

The Inquisition Project
Because nobody expects the God-Emperor's Inquisition!