=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

i'd like a few more PAGK to pad out my squads so there is more differentiation in the models but i'm not sure if i want plastic GKT / PAGK, then everyone will be buying GK, the only thing which stops people now is the bad rules and the price, I like them being uncommon :confused:

But new slots sure would be nice, and a price drop (points wise)

and updated rules for teleport homers, force weapons (anyone ever heard the cry of cheese?) I wouldn't mind no points change (as long as GKT and BC go down by 1 point) Maybe smokes and searchlights built in but keep the cheap extra armour :)

While I am like a kid on a candy high reading this thread, I was talking to a regional manager here in Chicago just last week (and he's a fellow ExPat!) and asked about the Sisters/Inquisition update. He said nothing is in the pipeline right now for said armies, which he hates too, as he has a sizeable SoB army. He said it'll be more likely Dark Eldar, Necrons and Tau (which ALL have plastic ranges - aaaaargh!).

So, i'm with Skyhawk, believe it when I see it, unfortunately.

I'm still inclined to believe the 2012 rumors. You know, so they'll come out when the world ends. :lol:

It would be very nice if they'd redo them soon, though. I might actually start playing Sisters again. Oh well, until they do, I am VERY happy with my Marines, so...*shrug*

I'm still inclined to believe the 2012 rumors. You know, so they'll come out when the world ends. :P

It would be very nice if they'd redo them soon, though. I might actually start playing Sisters again. Oh well, until they do, I am VERY happy with my Marines, so...*shrug*

isn't that when they're ment to release a new daemon codex :lol:

Any idea if theres going to be a box set of plastic battle sisters? The second that comes out, im getting my sisters of battle army!

I hope its with battle missions. The metal box is gone and $61 for a squad of 10 is stupid. Should not have to buy a troop choice 3 at a freaking time. I hope its a mistake on GW's part. I mean are there any other sets that don't make a legal unit?

The GK looks promising and I might just go ahead with getting some GK.

Yikes. There are no SOB with special weapons either. Must be some kind of error.
Have a look under the FA section...

Also how does the box not make a legal unit? The only thing I can think of is the chainsword, is there anything else?

Yikes. There are no SOB with special weapons either. Must be some kind of error.
Have a look under the FA section...

Also how does the box not make a legal unit? The only thing I can think of is the chainsword, is there anything else?

You need 9 to make a squad. Meaning their is no troop kit atm for SoB that comes ready to go like the rest of the armies.

Apparently the UK GW site has removed both the DH and WH codices as well as the Battlesisters Squad box. THe US site has only removed the squad box, however if you just open the WH army page I see the box available to the side. I woudlnt' read too much into this though as we have heard no chatter about getting a new dex now (or at least in the next few months which this is usually an indicator of).

Ah, apologies for my stupidity!

This is really odd I have to say, I missed the lack of sisters box in the product listing taking it for granted that it was there.

Funny thing is I went into WW quite a few times over the xmas period and considered getting another box just for the sake of having some spare sisters kicking about for larger HS/Elite squads. There were a number of boxes on the shelf at the start of last week but when I went in at the end of the week they'd gone. As it was I'd thought nothing about it as stock gets shifted around pretty regularly.

If GW have withdrawn the box then it's a double edged sword for us sisters players. On the negative side this means that a minimum squad of sisters (10+vet) will now cost in excess of £30!!! That's as much as you'd pay for a squad of minis from FW or somewhere near and finally makes sisters truly a prohibitive army to field in terms of cost. If you want spec weapons then you're looking at around £50 for a squad!?!

On the positive side it also means that the value of sisters minis will soar, I've noticed that ebay prices have gone up considerably anyway but now a reasonable sized sisters force will be worth a good few hundred quid, especially counting in exorcists and immolators.

Fortunately I've got a good sized force and I've got plenty of spares to be getting on with...still better get onto the house insurers and make sure they are on the policy, just in case. After all if anything did happen to them I would not be able to afford replacing them at the current prices!!!

Hmm.. highly irritating news to say the least (the lack of a Sister's Troop Box). I didn't buy them at all as my first starting units were two of the old old box set of 6 way back when, and a unit of Seraphim from a like time period :D I've since added some heavy and special weapons and imagifiers.. I remember distinctly not liking the sergeant and special weapons in the new box set (flamer and storm bolter? Really?) so I wasn't too worried about it.

It could honestly be as simple as an economics/accounting move, realizing that most people weren't buying the Troops box and were instead putting blisters together to make units more customized to their own preferences. Granted either way it's a bit annoying, though to be honest Daemonhunters pay about as much per mini... they just have the luxary of having a Troops choice that can be 5 models for $35 USD :) Is it just me, or did my Karskin and Storm Troopers just become more common as it's now the economical option for people that want a Troops choice cheaply monetarywise? On a good note, the vehicles didn't change price at all.

This could mean there is an upcoming plastic set and they've simply been very mum about it all... the Inquisition is a fairly secret group and not one of the common armies. I'm not so sure though. All it means for me personally is um.. nothing since I needed another VSS and some blisters or individual figure orders that I couldn't get in a box set anyway (meltagun, heavy flamer, third imagifier, another 3 or 6 standard Sisters). What it means for us as an army in overall terms? Hard to say... We'll have to keep our eyes and ears peeled and find out what we can.

Hmm.. I still saw them available on the US Store, otherwise... I know the dark eldar and old Space Wolf codex were theoretically unavailable for a good while until the new one or will come out. I've seen them available before when I was in the GW store the last time I was there, I'll have to keep looking and see if they're there the next time I'm down at the GW.

Curious-er and Curious-er...

Hmm.. I still saw them available on the US Store, otherwise... I know the dark eldar and old Space Wolf codex were theoretically unavailable for a good while until the new one or will come out. I've seen them available before when I was in the GW store the last time I was there, I'll have to keep looking and see if they're there the next time I'm down at the GW.

Curious-er and Curious-er...

The US store is the only GW site with the possible exception of the Japanese store that is still selling the DH and WH codices. I am excepting the Japanese store as I can't navigate through the store. Too hard to read it at work.

At the moment there is no sisters of battle troops box on the gw website there used to be a box of 10 but no longer.

is this because of an update or just discontinuing?

is this relevant? (hopefully so because it will mean new troop models)

Codex: DH also seems to have changed a week ago or so to "while stock lasts", at Maelstromgames. Also the Daemonhosts arn´t to be found anymore at Maelstrom.

The C:DH seems to still be up when u try the Finnish GW site, it´s shows when u open the DH section, but when u click on it u just get a blank page, and when I tryied to add it to the cart, it only gives me a product with no name worth 20€ :D .

Sure hope this is a sign of a new codex, and not the death of the coolest army in 40k.

Hope it is a well kept "Imperial secret" and it just suddenly pops up everywhere ^_^ . I would atleast give GW thums up for such a approach to this most secret of Ordos :lol: .

Archived