=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

I might go into a GW and just ask why they have been removed for fun :) Would be very entertaining if it is what we are hoping for...

Please do!

Just a random "oh, btw, I noticed that u arn´t selling any C:DH and C:WH anymore, why´s that?" ^_^

I might go into a GW and just ask why they have been removed for fun :rolleyes: Would be very entertaining if it is what we are hoping for...

Please do!

Just a random "oh, btw, I noticed that u arn´t selling any C:DH and C:WH anymore, why´s that?" ^_^

You know what I shall, My school is right by my Local GW and I'll go in on Monday, weather permitting, and have a quick question ^_^

I might go into a GW and just ask why they have been removed for fun ;) Would be very entertaining if it is what we are hoping for...

Please do!

Just a random "oh, btw, I noticed that u arn´t selling any C:DH and C:WH anymore, why´s that?" :cuss

You know what I shall, My school is right by my Local GW and I'll go in on Monday, weather permitting, and have a quick question :(

It will be good if they can say anything and shed some light on SoB new models and codex.

I had a game in WW yesterday and afterwards nipped into the shop to do some digging on the current situation.

So the shelves have indeed got copies of both C:WH & C:DH and (couple of copies), lo and behold, there was a box of sisters also on the shelf (only the one though).

When I had a word with one of the regular guys in the store though they were totally unaware that certain items had been removed from direct sales, he even checked with the system and it confirmed that stuff isn't available to order. Because they didn't know about this they didn't have a clue as to why this was the case, sure they offered some speculation such as the box had been removed because of a failing with the moulds but as I said to them if that was the case then the blisters would have been removed as well.

So the mystery continues. We know that nids are this coming weekend, BA are confirmed next and then? Who knows?

So the mystery continues. We know that nids are this coming weekend, BA are confirmed next and then? Who knows?

So it sounds like we know only one thing...

"Everything you have been told is a lie!"

:D

I had a game in WW yesterday and afterwards nipped into the shop to do some digging on the current situation.

So the shelves have indeed got copies of both C:WH & C:DH and (couple of copies), lo and behold, there was a box of sisters also on the shelf (only the one though).

When I had a word with one of the regular guys in the store though they were totally unaware that certain items had been removed from direct sales, he even checked with the system and it confirmed that stuff isn't available to order. Because they didn't know about this they didn't have a clue as to why this was the case, sure they offered some speculation such as the box had been removed because of a failing with the moulds but as I said to them if that was the case then the blisters would have been removed as well.

A fair few Dark Eldar stuff has been remove as well. All I rememeber was a guy wanting to mail order some specil weapon that where not sold in the store, had a look & nothing there. Staff phone up & got told that a fair few stock has been remove right now.

IP

A fair few Dark Eldar stuff has been remove as well. All I rememeber was a guy wanting to mail order some specil weapon that where not sold in the store, had a look & nothing there. Staff phone up & got told that a fair few stock has been remove right now.

IP

Yeah but we know DE are ready to go, all it needs is for someone to say the word and they'll be put into production. If =][= is further down the line than expected then it'll have been one of GW's better kept secrets. As it is we also know that GK 3 ups have been done but nothing about sisters yet.

It obviously means something, but I just can't get my head around seeing it coming so "soon"! Can anyone remember how long it was between the SW stuff going AWOL and the codex getting released? That might at least give us a vague idea of what may be.

I hope this does mean a new Codex on the way.

Right now I want to make a Witch Hunter army with both Sister and Inquisitional units (so a "standard" Sisters force, plus Inquisitor, Penitnet Engines, Repentia etc) for Cities of Death games but the Codex makes it *slightly* too costly to do at less than 2K

Here's hoping a new Codex will make it viable, or open up more varied/useful options that'll make it work in standard games.

*crosses fingers*

It obviously means something, but I just can't get my head around seeing it coming so "soon"! Can anyone remember how long it was between the SW stuff going AWOL and the codex getting released? That might at least give us a vague idea of what may be.

Well, the Space Puppy stuff was in the pipeline and an open secret for ages, so that's hardly a good comparison.

I think it would be better to compare and contrast with what's happened to the Bugs and Blood Angels.

Unless I'm totally mistaken, most people were surprised when the new C:T was announced at GD UK (I think that's when it was) in...August? September? So that's 4-5 months, and although there has been some speculation about BA, in the BA forums anyway, there doesn't seem to have been anything concrete even amongst the rumor mongers until very recently...

I really wouldn't be surprised if some =][= goodies come out around GD UK 2010 or before Emperor's Day.

If they removed the codex, then they can't be far off, I could see a summer release, it would go:

April:BA

May:warhammer/ Lotr release

June/july:WH/DH or Dark Eldar

Aug:WH/DH if dark Eldar in June or July

Space Wolves codex was remove a good year or so before they where release Oct 09

But on the list I would guess (if I where a betting man :lol: )

July for WFB game - it summer, lot of event can be run, lot of games in store, etc.. or that least what I rememeber when 40k came out while I was part time. When 5th Ed was due out around summer we have whole lot planned for people to try out the new rules.

Aug would be the box game, much like 40k Black reach came a month after the rules

I would say exspect Daemon Hunter for 2011, lot of people (harry I belive & the memeber who started the orignaly topic on warseer) have all stated 2011. Which you can see here (well quote from warseer)

Originally Posted by Stickmonkey

since i was asked to keep it all in one thread. Much of the discussion yesterday revolved around DH/WH plans. And i mentioned in the other thread it could see light of day around Jan next year if it stays on track. Can't see it happening any earlier, but could happen mid-2011.

I exspect somthing 40k for Sept, in time for Games Day UK (might be Dark Eldar, but who know offical bar HQ staff)

IP

I went into my local gw today and inquired about the missing codexes and sisters and he was like "hmm" they may make a single codex for both sides of the inquisition which will include the death watch, Also said that if that was to happen it would most likely come out in April/May time

Australian Site now has a box of seven models in its place:

Boxset

Thats actually a 3 model blister. Its just showing you the various poses which are randomly distributed in said blister.

Clearly I need to read the descriptions closer.

$25AU for a blister of three, ouch!

I went into my local gw today and inquired about the missing codexes and sisters and he was like "hmm" they may make a single codex for both sides of the inquisition which will include the death watch, Also said that if that was to happen it would most likely come out in April/May time
It's pure speculation. Fact of the matter is that the GW staffers know what's coming out about as afr away as we do. There are one or 2 who try to make out otherwise but the way GW are holding onto their release schedule chances are they're making it up.

I take it as a very encouraging sign that GW has removed the WH 'dex from Sales, as from a customers standpoint, I'd be pissed if I bought it, and 6-12 months later it was rendered obsolete by the updated one coming out. Good move GW. ;)

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if GW released an interim WH/DH 'dex in PDF form, ala the Blood Angels, to tide people over until they release the new one.

The removal of the SoB 10-strong boxset indicates a release of new models sometime in the near future too, why else would they make it exceptionally cost-prohibitive to start a SoB army?

Archived