=I= Coming in 2010?

jakehunter52

I know for one that a few of you here who will be sighing relief that Mr. Ward has linked to the Necron codex. Bad luck Necron players. :)

Ah - the internett is a harsh and unforgiving mistress. A man makes one or two mistrakes and his reputation is tarnished for life.

Aside from the "bloody bloodness of blood" the BA codex by Ward is interesting, competative and fun. Give the man a break.

Keeping up with the gossip on Warseer, deductive guesswork is leading players to believe that Robin Cruddace will be the creative mogul, elected to write up our next codex. If it were true, what would you make of the writer of both the 5th Ed. Imperial Guards and Tyranids codices being charged with rewriting the big book for the =][= and the Grey Knights?

I know for one that a few of you here who will be sighing relief that Mr. Ward has linked to the Necron codex. Bad luck Necron players. ;)

Well, if I had to pick between Mat Ward doing the Grey Knights while Robin is doing the Necrons or what you suggested, I'll take what you suggested, because Mat Ward writing another power armoured codex would be terrible fluff-wise.

I don't know, now that I think about it, Necrons have always been robots that don't form alliances, and with the BA codex making it otherwise... I'm afraid of what direction he'll take it.

However, there is one shining possibility- what I'll call the Radical Inquisitor possibility. This is that Necron Lords will generally fall into a couple different categories, which will basicly be Flexible, the Necron Lords who simply do what they are programmed to but use what intelligence have to form alliance when the occassion absolutely demands it and do other non-necrontyric things, Idealist (the ideal being to awaken everybody as fast as possible to harvest the galaxy so that they can sleep, and find peace in oblivion once more) and Territorial, who just protect their Tomb World with the belief that they are invincible, and for the most part, they are.

Kind of like the Inquisitor factions ;)

The very worst that could happen could be dire indeed, that is, because he doesn't like Necrons he gives them the same service he did the Orcs and Goblins.

I'm not too worried about what Robin does. Compared to Mat Ward, who has some incredible rule writing skills but terrible fluff writing skills, Robin is pretty even and makes decent Codices.

Exactly, players who play just for the game won't have much to worry about, I'd imagine. On the other hand if you're a Necron fluff-nut...

...Besides, it's good to see them mix it up a bit. I'd be annoyed if as Matt Ward I was just lumbered with loyalist PA codex after loyalist PA codex. Time to shake things up. I agree that Matt Ward does write an interesting set of rules. He just needs to reign in his far-fetched narrative tendencies. It's not something I feel is of much concern when Robin is writing.

Exactly, players who play just for the game, won't have much to worry about I'd imagine. On the other hand if you're a Necron fluff-nut...

...Besides, it's good to see them mix it up a bit. I'd be annoyed if as Matt Ward I was just lumbered with loyalist PA codex after loyalist PA codex. Time to shake things up.

I have to say that after page upon page of deliberation the question/statement of 'Coming in 2010' has been answered... and unfortunately that answer is now a resounding 'NO!'.

Maybe a new thread should be opened up..."Coming in 2011?". Answers on a postcard please.

Archived