SoB vs CSM - 1850 v 2300

calypso2ts

I have not contributed much lately with the holidays and the end of the semester but I had a battle against a CSM with some pics so I figured I would post it. I played a watered down version of my SoB, and tried out the Throne of Judgement for the match. I have posted the basic write up here

Congrats on the win even though your opponent had around 500 points more than you, I have a couple of Penitent Engines myself but somehow they always die in the first round of combat (if they even make it there). Its good to see someone running a WH list that isn't pure Sisters. How did u find the Penitent Engines went? I have come to the conclusion that Penitent Engines are just as survivable in squadrons as they are running solo. This is mainly because they are open topped so that if they get an immobilised result when they are solo it gets bumped up to wrecked anyway, just like if they were in a squadron. The only benefit that you gain from them in a squadron is that you could free up another slot to put another Exorcist in there.

Although he had 500 more points he really had a weak list so it felt like he had fewer points. Also, he wasted alot of his upgrades in the end (melta bombs on each champ, a heavy bolter in a 10 man squad with a melta, etc).

I have found that whether penitents perform really depends on the opponent and their prioritization. For example, I had a pair of them last the entire game against an Ork player but against Eldar they tend to get eaten up. Regardless, they require some attention from the opponent and are fast enough that if they do make it past turn 1 they usually end up piling into the opponent.

I like to run them solo unless I have another Exorcist simply for deployment and you can 'herd' them more easily when they are solo but the disadvantage of immobilized to destroyed is pretty small because an immobilized penitent is pretty worthless.

Archived