++Librarium Painting Challenge 2010++

It's open to all and any that wish to participate :) However, this will be the last year that those who still owe the Librarium articles from the previous challenge will be allowed to participate. After that, if you fail and do not submit an article as per your vow, you will not be able to enter the following Librarium Painting Challenges until an article is submitted.

Fair enough, I assume a full compliment of rules will be published when registration opens?

~Mike~

It's open to all and any that wish to participate :) However, this will be the last year that those who still owe the Librarium articles from the previous challenge will be allowed to participate. After that, if you fail and do not submit an article as per your vow, you will not be able to enter the following Librarium Painting Challenges until an article is submitted.

Fair enough, I assume a full compliment of rules will be published when registration opens?

~Mike~

Aye. The rules may even go up tomorrow if I can find a moment or two to put the finishing touches on them.

Top post updated with full rules and information. Again, please do not post vows yet .

Great. Now I actually have to paint... thanks Sigismund! Just for this, I'll paint a 1750 point deathwing army. It's all your fault!

You're welcome ;)

An obvious choice of article might be to catalogue your minis from whoa to go

I feel rather good now, i've spotted the obvious! I've decided what my vow will be and have started formulating an article to go along side my submission. I think it's only fair, i do owe you a pound of flesh afterall.

Al

I really need motivation to get some painting done so this is perfect :) I just need to round up my unpainted (and unassembled) minis and decide which deserve to be completed, and more importantly, how many I can realistically complete in the time period :).

The Signup begins now!

This year we also have the Subforum Challenge. Copied from the first post:

This year, we have also introduced a Subforum Challenge. When you take your Vow, you select which subforum your army hails from (ie. the Throne of Skulls for World Eaters, the Black Templar subforum for Black Templars and the Liber Astartes subforum for DIY chapters). For every Vow completed, that subforum gains a point. The Subforum with the most points at the end gains the title of LPC Champions and a subforum specific Vow Completed and LPC Champion signature. The Challenge is on! Which subforum can claim ascendency? If you are unsure under which subforum your army falls under, just post your vow without a subforum but with a Chapter name so that I can sort it out for you.

Me first?

I, Alasdair of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least a ten man tactical squad on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Futhermore, the ten man tactical squad is of AoBR origin and i will catalogue the journey to becoming Dark Angel and submit an article to that effect.

Al

I will so regret this, won't I Matt?

I, TheDarkApostle of the Dark Exemplars DIY, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 multi-melta servitor (and 1 Land Raider, should I not manage to get it done for the GB) on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

With reservation for increase in vow as I find things to do. Ugh.

TDA

Sleeping, Sigs...they're sleeping.

I, Solidzaku of the Liber Astartes Solidus' Legion, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 10 Tactical Space Marines, 1 Magnetized Dreadnought, 1 Razorback, 2 Drop-Pods, and 5 Terminators on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Now...to sleep.

I have so many unpainted models I probably should be pledging to do more, but to keep it realistic and to give me at long last a finished core to my army I will limit it to this:

I, Skoby of the Index Astartes Iron Hands, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one captain, ten man tactical squad and Iron Clad dreadnought on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, R-code of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least a ten man tactical squad on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

~Mike~

I, Guyver3x of the Death Guard, secconded to the Alpha legion, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 6 Plague Marines, 2 Alpha Legion HQ and 1 Terminator Lord of a chapter to be determined on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done

Signed Guyver3x

This is a good inspiration to paint up ny third RAS of the Blood Angels. I'll participate Let's see how far I can reach with all the family workload I currently have:

I, Son of Abaddon of the Blood Angels Subforum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least a five men strong Assault Squad on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

One question though: Where to put the Worklog Diary?

I, DarkKnightCuron of the Black Templars Subforum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one (1) Emperor's Champion model on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Angels_Blade of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least a five man terminator squad, a Land Raider on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Dannis of the Black Templars, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 rhino, 1 Emperor's Champion, 2 magnetized Marshalls/Castellans, 1 Dreadnought, 10 Marines, 5 neophytes and 2 Terminators on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

(hey it's atleast, so you can provide more right?)

I, ShinyRhino of the Ultramarines forum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least five Ultramarine Bikers on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

One question though: Where to put the Worklog Diary?

In the past, folks have put them in the Works in Progress subforum.

I'm in. Was great to do last time. :)

I Brother Cambrius doth pledge to complete my custom sternguard and 10 more marines before the 31st of March 2010. If I fail let me be judged by those of all power within our holy Librarium.

EDIT: I also pledge to complete a Predator Annihilator.

EDIT 2: The Pred is complete! http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=194056

Cambrius

I, Captain Spiros of the Blood angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 5 Dammed Leigionaires on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Rindaris of the Ka-tet of the Ebon Dawn (Ordo Xenos, Inquisition), vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 4 Space Hulk Terminators and 3 Swiftclaws with a Bike Mounted Wolf Guard on or before the 31st of March, 2010. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I also intend to work on a Fallen Slaanesh Demon Prince and 2 custom oblits, but i'm not sure how to vow those with the subforum deal.

Probably going to limit it to that since I have an upcoming commiss and moving in March.

edit: had to change vow since just remembered that my wife has already packed my spare bits boxes that had the baneraider supplies in it

Archived