Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[LI01] Alternate Heresy Painter Images - COMPLETED

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

madscuzzy

madscuzzy

++ VEXILLUM PICTOR ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 2,656 posts
Posted Image

Scuzworks
SL40K - My Models

Forum Rules

Available for Commissions! PM Meeee~!

Ferrata

Ferrata

++ PUNIO TRUCIDO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,909 posts
He certainly looks blingy :P

I really like it - it is annoying because I've been struggling to finish my biker because I can't get him to look like that :)

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts
Brilliant stuff Dom ;)

Managed to find an old Photoshop Elements disc and install it on this computer. So I've managed to do a few little things.

First up is a signature.
Posted Image

Second up is a teaser for the starving masses out there to chew upon :)
Posted Image

Badaboom

Badaboom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + ADEPTUS DOMUS +
  • 330 posts
Well done, Sigismund. May I suggest a different typography, something more in the line of the one used in the Horus Heresy books?

Ferrata

Ferrata

++ PUNIO TRUCIDO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,909 posts
Not sure if the text is too small to read on a smaller sig for those of us who don't like the massive banners (i.e. me)

Posted Image

Sorry, couldn't help myself with a stupid tagline... :P

Ferrus Manus

Ferrus Manus

+LEXICANUM+

• + LEXICANIUM +
  • 2,702 posts
Dom - what's that gold blob doing next to the WS's right arm?

My WIP Space Marine Chapter

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
Apologies for my relative absence yesterday, but I am off on holiday today. :)

@Dom - The White Scar looks great! I particularly like the purple flames as an alternative to the sawtooth. :D

Matt has beaten me to querying the free-floating gold blob to the left of the model's arm. Can it be deleted if it is indeed there in error?

The one last addition I would ask for the White Scar is that the other Alt-Heresy painters have got a 'File no. _____' bit added to the top left corner of the image, and would it be possible to add one to the White Scar to keep it consistent? The first post in this thread brings together the current images for reference - although some need to be updated now - but could I suggest something like 'File no. S34WS7' as it includes some random numbers and letters, and also a vague 'WS' reference to the legion in question? :)

Otherwise, looking over the painters before they go to Paul for inclusion I noticed that the gridlines around the Nurgle-corrupted Blood Angel are out of whack. Is there any way to re-do them to do the amazing image justice?

Posted Image

Would it also be possible to add a file indicator to the left corner as discussed above for the White Scar - for instance 'File no. 5BA89N' or similar?

Now that everything is pretty much complete I will be making sure that Paul has everything he needs to format the Legio Imprint as fast as possible. He may well find that he can grab the appropriate painter images directly from the pics here on the site, but if you have any higher definition versions then if you can send them to me then I will forward them to Paul... or you can send them directly to Paul (OMG) of course. :) (Thanks for the updated Tson image, Matt - I will forward it today.)

@Matt (SH) - I really like the sig banner - I shall have to replace my own for the duration! :D The snippets of the painters will be an interesting teaser to put out just before the release - does anyone have any other thoughts about this kind of thing, as it is a little outside my normal range of experience?

@Everyone - Many thanks for all your work in making this look so professional. ;)
Posted Image

Alternate Heresy Index Astartes articles for the World Eaters, Emperor's Children, Raven Guard, Word Bearers,
Ultramarines, White Scars, Space Wolves, Thousand Sons and Blood Angels available as a pdf
Click here for the Legio Imprint download thread
Iron Warriors +++ Iron Hands +++ Alpha Legion +++ Dark Angels

Index Astartes: Scions of Dorn

madscuzzy

madscuzzy

++ VEXILLUM PICTOR ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 2,656 posts
what is the font use for the serial?

what is the font use for the serial?

Scuzworks
SL40K - My Models

Forum Rules

Available for Commissions! PM Meeee~!

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
I'm not sure which font the Matt's used, but if you check the first post which brings them all together you should be able to select one that is close enough for our needs. :) Alternatively, pm'ing Sigismund Himself will be able to get you the definitive answer... unless he has already filled up his extra pm box space. ;) :)
Posted Image

Alternate Heresy Index Astartes articles for the World Eaters, Emperor's Children, Raven Guard, Word Bearers,
Ultramarines, White Scars, Space Wolves, Thousand Sons and Blood Angels available as a pdf

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts

....unless he has already filled up his extra pm box space. ;) :)

Getting close :)

Um, I'll see if the PS files were backed up or not tomorrow Dom. If they were (most likely), I can grab the files off the drive and see.

Edited by Sigismund Himself, 03 April 2010 - 08:50 AM.

Ferrus Manus

Ferrus Manus

+LEXICANUM+

• + LEXICANIUM +
  • 2,702 posts
I used Times New Roman, but I think there is a difference. If you want them all to be the same I'll gladly change it, just let me know. :)

My WIP Space Marine Chapter

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
I wouldn't worry, Matt. :) I think the difference is going to be so negligable that it won't matter.

So Dom, if you want a font, feel free to use Times New Roman - there is a precident. :P
Posted Image

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
@Dom - Thanks for pm'ing me the links to the last changes - I have updated them in the first post. :whistling:

Just for reference:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That looks perfect to me, and completes the set. Many thanks, and see you again for publication.
Posted Image