Rise of the Imperium (formely Rise of the Emperor)

calgar101

Thank you for your comments, its really encouraging and means i know im not wasting time.

Regarding the primarchs well you will find out how they are back later on :tu:

Breaking fluff rules is cool, but if its written well; which i hope im doing.

To look upon Corax is to confuse the eyes and brain. To the eye of a lesser being it would appear that Corax was totally invisible, to the eye of a Space Marine or Eldar Corax would appear to flow in and out of reality as his armour reflected the light. This meant that most Space Marines or Eldar could not truly focus on Corax and their brain would deny he actually existed. However he had another trick up his armoured sleeve, he had the ability to cloud the minds of others to make them think he was not there. However the more powerful the mind of the being, the harder it was to cloud their mind, but of course there are not many beings that are more powerful than a Primarch.

Corax flashed Fulgrim a look of utter hatred and revulsion but in the Emperors presence did not dare to attack him. “It is good to be back brothers, although some of the company is questionable” greeted Corax, looking at Fulgrim. Both Corax and Ferrus engaged in a warriors hand shake, both having a bond closer than most Primarchs; both being having their legions decimated on Isstvan V. “It is good to see you again brother” Ferrus said softly. Corax nodded in response. The four Weregeld took up flanking positions around their Primarch, distrusting the presence of Fulgrim.

Footsteps could be heard coming from the archway; a large shadow was cast from within the archway to the floor in front. The figure that came through had to duck beneath the arch to allow himself to get through. The huge cyclopean figure of Magnus the Red stood there, gazing at the Emperor. Even by the standards of the Primarchs he was massive, he towered over them all. All but the Emperor and Sanguinius felt his psychic presence, like the others Magnus too knelt before the Emperor but he didn’t speak; vocally that is. Both Magnus and the Emperor looked at each other, not breaking the stare. Then Magnus nodded and stood up.

“Bah! You needed little creatures to care for you?” the laughter and insult echoed through the archway and reverberated all through the command room.

“Shut up you flea ridden drunk” came a reply, followed by ‘thud’.

“I resent those remarks, I happen to be merry, not drunk! You know, you almost sound as pompous as Robute” the first and much deeper voice replied, his laughter sounding like thunder.

There was a scowling noise and then silence.

Leman Russ dropped his tankard of Fenrisian ale as he spied Magnus. His long canines were revealed as he growled thunderously. His long grey shabby beard and mane whipped about as he leapt for Magnus. Lion El Johnson just missing the wolf fur cloak Russ wore. “I broke your back on your damned world of witches! I will break your neck here foul traitor! For the All Father!” Russ roared, his anger clouding his vision and judgement. Russ thundered toward the Thousand Son Primarch, Magnus stepped aside his charge but however was caught of guard by Leman’s surprising agility; as he spun around on his foot and grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into the floor. Russ now pinned Magnus to the floor using his foot on the Red Giants neck, “Cease brother, I am no more a traitor then you!” Magnus cried out in vain.

“Lies, you foul bastard! Russ snarled, putting more pressure on Magnus’s neck.

“I’m sorry! Magnus whispered. Red lighting leapt from Magnus’s body and struck the Wolf in his chest causing him to fly backwards. Deftly Magnus rolled to his feet as did Russ, the Wolf came charging at Magnus once again this time slamming into an invisible shield and turned blue upon contact with Russ.

“Your use of sorceries proves your treachery” he bellowed, banging his fists against the warp shield.

“I cast the shield, my angered son” the Emperor spoke softly.

“What is this? Another ruse using foul magiks? You cannot deceive me traitor” he roared in defiance.

“No, this is real Russ, I and your brothers are here” the Emperor replied, indicating with open arms his brothers that had arrived.

“Really? This is not a foul, warp-driven nightmare? Or the work of a foul sorcerer? Nor is this a drunken dream?” Russ said a puzzled expression on his face.

“No you idiot” came the reply of the Lion, as he walked past the Wolf he gave him a clip around the top of his head.

The Lion strode up to the Emperor and got on his knees. “I beg for your forgiveness my lord and father. I should have had more faith in you and not hesitated. I was a coward; I waited to see who would have won my lord. I contemplated joining chaos” -a look of shock appeared upon all the other Primarchs faces- “I should not of doubted you, I crave and beg for absolution Father. Forgive me….” cried the Johnson.

“You are my son, your begging is not needed Johnson. Your forgiveness is granted” The Emperor replied empathetically. The Lion stood up, as he did Russ pushed him aside calling him weak for doubting their Father, but then flashed him a smile. “I am ecstatic you have returned father, and I am proud that I can serve you once again” Russ said bowed before the Emperor.

“It is honour Russ” the Emperor replied.

A figure strode though the archway, he was slightly thinner than the other Primarchs, and apart from Magnus he was taller than the rest. He had an ashen and hairless face. He wore a bespoke suit of expertly crafted armour, coated in brass and steel; which a grey cloak covered. Around his neck was a collar which emitted wisps of air that to any one other then those with enhanced respiratory systems would be fatal. Strapped to his side was a huge pistol, across his chest were several globes of a green gas. In this right hand he hefted a huge scythe. Following him were two huge marines in ornate armour, a mask covered their face and each marine held a smaller version of their Primarchs scythe.

Mortarion and his two Death shroud ignored his brother Primarchs and walked directly toward the Emperor.

“It seems once again you have saved me, this time from a pestilent, rotting disease rather than an in breathable toxic gas.” the wisps of gas that leaked from his neck collar being pushed away with every word spoken. Mortarion knelt down, bending his head low, exposing some of his pale skinned neck. “In my death I will repent father!” the Death Guard Primarch wept. “My legion and I disgraced you; we let ourselves be blinded to the truth and failed you!” Mortarion said shamefully.

“You paid the price my son, your death is not needed for you to repent; that you are here is evidence enough that you are faithful” explained the Emperor, beckoning for Mortarion to stand. Mortarion looked amongst his brother Primarchs; he looked at Magnus with a look of disdain for his use of sorcery yet also a look of ackowledgement and understanding for he too had turned upon the Emperor and had his body twisted beyond recognition. Apart from Sanguinius and Fulgrim who too had turned traitor he was met with a sea of anger. His two Death shroud stood either side, protecting their Primarch at all times.

Perturabo strode though the archway. A cold and stern look across his face. His bald head turned as he scanned the room. Rogal Dorn leapt towards him, Perturabo dodged the brash attack. Dorn swung for Perturabo again this time managing to hit him in the face, sending him to the floor. Before the enraged Dorn could press home his attack, Perturabo rolled backwards and flipped up and as he did he brought his armoured fist into Dorn’s chest, his momentum causing Dorn to go sprawling. Before the two could fight again, Jaghatai Khan Primarch of the White Scars pulled them apart, shoving them away from one another.

“Stop your petty squabbling, you are brothers. Our differences need to be put aside Dorn, Perturabo” Khan pleaded, looking both of them directly in the eye. As he carried on toward the Emperor his crop of red hair bounced up and down. “My Father and Great Khan, once again I will fight for you.” Jaghatai vowed.

“Like the warriors of Chogoris we will unite the stars” the Emperor assured, smiling at Jaghatai.

“I know I have sinned and committed many atrocities against you Father but I beseech you to forgive me, I truly do” pleaded Perturabo. He was knelt down, with his head on his right knee.

“You are already forgiven, I seek no penalty for your sins” reassured the Emperor.

Dorn moved forwards in protest. “I told you that you couldn’t crack Terra’s defences” he taunted.

“Enough” commanded his Father.

Robute Guilliman entered the room; his eyes instantly fell upon his father, the most beneficent Emperor of mankind. Leman Russ made a remark at him being a pompous so and so but he didn’t care. His father was stood before him, his once broken and battered body repaired. “I..I, can’t believe this” Robute stammered, teas flooded down his left cheek as he looked upon his father and creator. Russ snorted with laughter, but received a quick clip around the head from the Lion and Dorn for being disrespectful.

“I…. This is marvellous and a most joyous occasion!” Guilliman rejoiced.

“Do not bow before me, you are the one who kept the Imperium together. If it weren’t for you mankind would have perished long ago.

“No, my brothers helped too. I merely helped to stabilize it with their aid” he replied. Robute looked around and saw his brothers, anger flashed across his face as he spotted his traitor brothers; complete and utter rage filled him when he locked onto Fulgrim, he quickly closed the gap between the two of them, Fulgrim made to block his attacker but Robute stopped short, he composed himself remembering that he was in company of the Emperor.

A copper skinned figure now emerged through the archway, his eyes glittered and changed from an artic blue to a shimmering green, his eyes screamed out intelligence. Alpharius greeted his brothers with a nod and proceeded towards the Emperor. However before he bowed another figure came through the Archway, Konrad Curze the Primarch of the Night Lord legion knelt before the Emperor; “My lord the nightmares and visions you have gotten rid of them. I know only see a blazing golden figure and his sons standing triumphant, with humanity ascending to the status it should be! I beg of you, please allow me the honour to once again fight in your name father” the Night-Haunter pleaded. The Emperor placed a hand on Konrad’s shoulder and nodded in agreement.

A cry of jubilation and ecstasy echoed through the room, a blonde haired Primarch wearing priest robes with the Imperial Aquila on the front and wearing a necklace with a lightning bolt symbol on it came bounding through the archway. Upon seeing the Emperor he began to scream exaltations and praises about him. Several of the Primarchs look on in bewilderment as Lorgar cried out zealous phrases.

“You’re most divine Emperor, God and Master of Humanity! Oh how much joy it is to be in your company!” Lorgar was now on the floor, “what a fool I was to worship such foul, warp spawn beings! How my misplaced loyalty and devotion caused such destruction! Forgive me and my lack of faith! I beg of you, my god!” he screamed and pleaded.

“Lorgar, I do not wish to be addressed as a god, your faith and zeal whilst it is good to know your loyalty to me please do not repeat past mistakes. I grant you forgiveness” exclaimed the Emperor, a heavy emphasis on the words, past and mistakes.

Gathering himself Lorgar nodded and whispered thanks.

Two hulking and muscular figure both entered the room from the archway, Vulkan and Angron bowed before their father. “The things I have done, the crimes I committed. I am no better than the evil lords of my home world. The bloodshed, the torment.. Never ending. I seek your mercy father, please grant me your mercy!” Angron roared.

“The Emperor walked forwards to where he was knelt and placing a hand upon Angron’s head uttered a few words in a tongue no Primarch save Magnus recognized. “Rise my son, the mercy you sought is not to be delivered nor is it required. Your sins are absolved and the torment is over” the Emperor said, soothing the angered and ill at eased Angron.

“To fight for you again will be my greatest honour and most glorious reward” Angron replied. The Emperor nodded.

Vulkan too now was knelt down, “My father and lord, I too find it to be a great honour to fight again for you, to be in your presence pleases me to no end. My body and spirit is yours to command sire.” Vulkans deep voice ringing through out the room. “It is a great pleasure to see you again too my son” the Emperor replied. “A pleasure and great honour to have you all here. Together we will rebuild our shattered Imperium, together we will defend Humanity” he continued.

One final figure strode through the archway, the Emperor and the Primarchs all turned toward the demonic figure, shock and anger filling each and ever one of them except the Emperor; remorse, pity and a burden filled him. The Arch-traitor Horus stood there smiling.

What I meant is that because of some things that tha Lion said, there are going to be some angry Dark Angel supporters. But about the stories, I like the route that you're going down, except, it seems to me that whenever someone meets the Emperor, they always bow. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but remember that Horus and the Emperor used to be very close, and while Horus may bow low to show his sorrow, they might clasp hands.

Also, I like te mixture of violence, humour and suspense.

Thanks astartes88.

@Skirax yeai kinda got worried that i was repeating myself a bit too much, however the primarchs that were dead or formally a traitor i think they would bow to show their respect and gratitude towards the Emperor. Remember, Horus is still demonic :P

The tension in the room could have been cut with a knife. Horus stood there smirking, he wore suit of jet black terminator armour, with a gold trim and various spikes jutting off it. Three eyes made up of a black pupil and red were emblazoned down the middle of his armour, with the one across the chest much bigger than the other two. Wires connected his bald head into his armour, a nimbus of power fluxed about it. His face was now one of evil and hate, the once proud and noble features long corrupted by his dark masters.

In his left hand he held a huge power maul; its end a golden cover, numerous spikes adorned it. In his right hand he had the Talon of Horus, his most fabled weapon. Its menacingly sharp points glinting in the light.

Leman roared at Horus in a challenge, the room shook as he thundered towards the arch-traitor. Horus smiled as a bolt of fiery warp energy surges towards him; Russ was enveloped by it and was driven to one knee. “Oh the mighty Wolf brought low” Horus taunted. The daemon Primarch put one step forwards and raised his hand with his Talon; red lightning flew from his finger tips toward Russ. Instead of hitting the Space Wolf Primarch the lightning flew over him, Magnus clenched his fist, trapping the energy and causing it to dissipate. Mayhem erupted as the Primarchs began to fight amongst one another, Horus and the Emperor stood apart from the brawl, staring each other in the eye. Sanguinius also stood apart too, weeping at the sight of his brothers fighting once again.

“Cease! Stop fighting brothers!” the Emperor roared. The whole room shook with the power behind the Angels voice. All fighting stopped immediately, for the first time the Primarchs felt fear as his voice surged through the room, filled with raw power. The Emperor strode forwards, the Primarchs moving out of his way. He and Horus were now face to face; “You will kneel before your lord and creator you foul abomination!” a dark and angry tone in the Emperors voice. “Fool, with the powers of chaos under my control you will see who is the rightful Emperor of mankind!” Horus laughed menacingly.

The Emperor shook his head in disbelief. No, you are the fool, chaos controls you.”

Striding forwards the Emperors armour formed around him, the light dancing of its golden surface. His sword forming from the handle upwards. Its blade glowing orange with power. The Emperors armour was bespoke and ornate, being crafted thousands of years ago. Various gems were set into it; scrolls adorned it as well as other symbols of his authority and intricate designs. Horus swung his maul at his father, leaving a purple flame in its wake. The Emperor moved his sword up and blocked it effortlessly. Horus thrust his Talon forwards but met an invisible barrier. A look of horror filled the face of the Arch-traitor, realising this wasn’t to go the way of their first fight. Red warp fire leapt up Horus right hand. The Emperor swung his sword round catching the fallen Warmaster off guard, driving him to the floor.

Red lightning encased Horus, the Emperor stood over him triumphantly. The lightning didn’t scratch the armour, nor did it seem to physically harm Horus but he screamed in agony.

His soul an body was being purged of the corruption. As soon as the Emperor had entered the fray, the chaos gods had abandoned their host; not that they could hope to of defeated the Emperor. Slowly Horus features returned, all traces of his possession fading. Still he screamed in agony.

Horus dropped to his knees and the Emperor stopped his purge of his soul and body. Groaning in pain Horus stood up, a wave of shame and guilt washing over him. “My actions…. They were not my own, you must know this. I cannot begin to say how much I crave your forgiveness, how sickened I feel at the thought of betraying you and my fellow brothers; at being used by foul, twisted warp entities.” Horus implored.

“Always the master orator” Ferrus spat. Several other Primarchs nodded in agreement. Horus looked sheepish at their responses. “We all wronged the Emperor and he has forgiven us, do you question His judgment?” Fulgrim retorted in defence of his brother.

“Once a traitor, always a traitor!” Dorn bellowed.

“It is an insult that you are in my presence!” Russ snarled, looking directly at Horus.

“Shut up fool, you don’t understand the torment each of us has been through!” Fulgrim shouted back.

“Becoming a traitor was so hard now was it?” Corax said with sarcasm.

“Do not blame us for lack of understanding when you so easily betrayed your own brothers and father! Our loyal legions fought and shed their blood for you to spurn us! When the foul, nefarious chaos gods whispered and commanded you so readily answered, do not blame us for your lack of faith or will to resist temptation” Khan remonstrated.

The Primarchs stood in to groups; loyal and former traitors opposing each other. Violence was threatening to erupt once again.

A shadow was cast upon them all, as Sanguinius opened his wings and flew over his loyal brothers and in between the opposed Primarchs.

“Do we must fight between ourselves again brothers?” he pleaded. “Must more of our blood be shed? The Emperor, our father has granted them his forgiveness! His Will is that they are to be here! Will you disobey the Emperor? Will you deny them their right to absolution? They have paid for their sins, who are we to question the Emperors actions?” Sanguinius articulated passionately, his angelic and noble features by frustration and emotion. He looked each of the Primarchs in the eye, challenging them to defy him or the Emperor.

In response they all bowed their heads, feeling guilty and stupid at how they could even think to deny the Emperors Will and judgment.

“No?” Sanguinius asked. He majestically stepped toward Horus. “You have my forgiveness brother, I would readily fight beside you” Sanguinius exclaimed. The two clasped hands, a symbol of brother hood, respect and friendship.

“Thank you Sanguinius, I am truly sorry for what I did” Horus replied remorsefully.

“Now my sons, the time of this meeting draws to a close, the Imperium needs be purged of heretics and defended from a myriad of Xenos threats. Your Legions need their Primarchs, we must return to Terra” instructed the Emperor.

“The legions are to be reformed?” Guilliman asked.

“Yes” came the Emperors reply.

Guilliman nodded, not wishing to question his father’s wisdom.

“What of our legions?” Horus asked.

The Emperor smiled.

Whilst I like the premise I have to say that the execution is a bit lacking. I feel that you have rushed in with some of the primarchs and not explored their feelings properly. That being said it's still a cracking read. I do love fan fiction that explores areas that GW would never touch. Keep it up but don't rush events.

AB

-The bit about Johnson is just wrong. He wasn't waiting to see who had won. (Curse you thorpe! lol)

Well some of it was a bit rushed Angels_Blade because i didnt want to get too bogged down in their return however later on in the story they could voice their worries and feelings to their closer brothers...maybe :tu: I have not read the HH novels but i know the jist of most of them and from what i gathered thats what the Lion was doing ;)

I do love the idea of all the primarchs back :P However i will never explore fema, marines nor the two lost legions :D

Thanks every one else for your replies, and the legions will work together, He wills it :)

“My sons, we will return to Terra. Where you will bear witness the return of your fallen legions.” exclaimed the Emperor.

“How is that possible? How is any of this possible, some of us were dead” Guilliman queried.

“When I first created you I used my own DNA and infused you each with a portion of my power. These are the reasons for your super-human physiques and powers.” the Emperor explained. The Primarchs nodded in acknowledgment. “This created a barrier between you and the corrupting chaos gods, however as it turned out the barrier turned out to be not as strong as I first thought. However the barrier still remained even whilst you were corrupted, meaning that a portion of you still remained untainted and your faith and loyalty to me was always ensured. Then once I was reborn my powers were intensified and far stronger then ever, and that part of me inside you also grew stronger. The hold over you by the chaos gods was severely weakened and your tainted forms were slowly forming. The guilt and shame of what you had done coupled with your ever strengthening faith and loyalty towards me meant that you would soon wish to return. When the time was right I teleported you here. With regards to your legions their barrier can never be strong enough for their tainted souls and loyalty to be returned” The former traitor Primarchs faces seemed to drop at the mention of that, “However there is a connection, albeit a faint one between me and them. So I can enter their mind and drive the corruption out.” He finished.

“But sire, the Heresy still occurred. As well as our own legions, the rest of the Imperium still knows of the Heresy, I cannot see the legions rejoining being a smooth transition” observed Dorn.

For a moment the Emperor stood there a puzzled look across his face. Then he smiled.

“Using the link between me and your legions created by methods of creating you and the link forged by the Imperial citizen’s belief in me I will enter their minds and erase all knowledge of the Heresy. In its place I will plant a memory of an invasion by Xenos race, a war which caused some legions and their Primarchs to be cut off from the Imperium; the former traitor ones. They will also believe I was entombed upon the Golden Throne from my injuries of fighting of this Xenos’s god; which I would of destroyed.” the Emperor explained. All except Magnus looked pleased at the Emperors plan.

“But Father, the energy required, it…it could kill you” Magnus warned, his eyes wide in fear.

“Do not doubt our fathers divine powers” Lorgar screeched.

“Do not worry, Magnus” the Emperor said reassuringly.

The Emperor opened his arms wide, taking a wide stance. The outline of his body began to ripple as a nimbus of orange power began to surround him. His arms rose up as he was surrounded by a bright orange light. He seemed to be encased by fire, however no heat was produced. In the warp a great flaming spear surged through out, daemons fled or risked being cast out of existence, the Chaos gods themselves were weakend by this, recoiling from the flames. The minds of every human and space marine was touched by the fiery spear; in an instant their memories of the Heresy erased and replaced.

The Emperors body returned to normal but upon doing so he swayed upon the spot and fainted, his head throbbing with pain. Exhausted from what he had just done; his mastery of his new powers not yet complete. Magnus was the quickest to react to this and ran to the fallen Emperor.

“Magnus, teleport us to my throne room, quickly” the Emperor groaned.

I like where this is headed, though i think you could expand a bit on the energy needed; a throbbing headache, his soul burning, maybe a part where the Chaos Gods are touched by the spear and they're weakened.

Streaks of white light shot out of Magnus’s chest and shot into his brothers, enveloping them in a white light. Once the light had faded the Primarchs were gone, Magnus and the Emperor were then too enveloped and disappeared. Constantin and Cypher jumped backwards in shock as a haze of white light appeared before them; then as quickly as it appeared it dissipated. Valdor surged forwards as he spied the unconscious Emperor in Magnus’s arms. “What is wrong my lord?” Constantin spoke, panic and fear leaking from his voice. “I do not know, we must get him on the Throne” Magnus replied.

Magnus grabbed the Emperor under the shoulders and lifted him up on to the Throne.

“Wont that trap him again” asked Constantin.

“No, although to weak to speak he transmitted his thoughts to me. The part of the Golden Throne that kept him trapped was destroyed in his rebirth. The Throne is now fit for its intended purpose; to heal and to boost psychic powers.” Magnus explained. He placed a metal band with wires connected to it, atop the Emperors head. The Throne and Emperor was bathed in a white light, a slow humming noise coming from it. The Emperor opened his eyes, his face was very pale. “Magnus, you must transport the fallen legions out of the eye” The Emperor ordered, each word painful for him to speak.

“But I wouldn’t know how father, I am not powerful enough to do so sire” Magnus replied.

“You my son are the second most powerful psyker in the galaxy, just focus and you can” The Emperor spoke encouragingly, his words coming out a little less painfully. Magnus nodded, a sense of pride filling his chest. He looked out over the edge of the platform and saw the thousands of Custodian Guard stood to attention below. The super human warriors took up a fraction of the space in the Throne room. Magnus raised his hands and started to weave complex shapes in the air, leaving a purple fire in his wake. The air became heavy with static, Magnus began to glow red. Mortarion, Angron and Leman looked on with distaste of Magnus’s use of sorcery.

There was a flash of brilliant blue light and tens of thousands of Marines appeared in the Throne room. The Custodian Guard looked around in shock and readied their weapons. "What madness is this?" shouted one of them. As one the Custodian readied their weapons.

Archived