The Iron Gauntlet DIY Challenge - 2010

Brother Argent

Octavulg, I object! tongue.gif But I suppose I don't fall into the catogry accepted biggrin.gif

It's a self-selecting category. Anyone who objects isn't in it. :)

Seriously. I can do the Steel Dogs or the Stone Hearts, if the BP are really a problem.

But equally seriously, they're only on their second draft. They're not done, even if they can pass for it in a dim light.

I, Neophyte of Slaanesh, of the Manticore Brethren, take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C, to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (and His holy Banners of Shame) curse me if I fail!

I, Reyner, of the Ghost Dragons, take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C, to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (and His holy Banners of Shame) curse me if I fail!

If anyone objects I'll make a different IA :cuss

I, Ferrus Manus, of the Mourning Souls (among others) take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fello challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

If anyone objects I'll use a different Chapter, but to be fair they have only had one drafting. I'll PM you a link when I get the topic up SP.

Well, I'm afraid I'm going to welch on this first Challenge, as I've only just got my Iron Gods into the Librarium and to be honest I'm all fluffed out for now (i.e. can't think of anything new off the top of my head! ;) ) However, I'll certainly be getting involved once we get on to the other Challenges...

...and in the meantime:

I, Lysimachus, of the Iron Gods (among others) vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability and to give at least 30 (hopefully useful) comments to make up for not doing an IA myself! :D May the Emperor and the Dark Gods curse me if I fail!

I, Brother Alucard of the Brotherhood of Dorn , take up the DIY Challenge. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

I, Destaro, of the Ashen Guard take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Dark Gods curse me if I fail.

It's about time I did something good

I Hubernator, guiding hand of the Phantoms, vow before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete a brand new IA article and submit it to the Librarium before 7th May, 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IA's to the best of my abilities. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

I hope everyone doesn't mind me doing them (again). If there are objections I shall do the Annihilators instead :D

I, Argon, of the Oblivion Knights take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010 AD (or CE, if you prefer :D ). I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Gods of Chaos strike me down and turn me into mewling Spawn if I fail.

They've only had one drafting, and it wasn't all that great. If anyone has any objections, I'll do a totally new Chapter.

Just to point, I have no objection to anyone using any chapter they have already started. Just because I'm doing this Iron Man, doesn't mean everyone else has to :)

Heck, this is one popular challenge! :D

I personally have no problem with any of the suggested chapters posited by applicants so far.

I had a feeling this would take off in a big way, but I don't think even Silver Phoenix knew what monster he had created when he came up with this!

Best of luck to everyone entering this contest - may The Emperor/The Ruinous Powers/Both of the above keep you from failure. :)

I will, of course, do everything I can to help, as per my oath.

The notion of the golden quill is not motivating me to do this in any way. :)

I Landmine Marathon, father to the Sons of Calidon vow before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete a brand new IA article and submit it to the Librarium before 7th May, 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IA's to the best of my abilities. The Emperor protects!

Well it's been decided I will see if I can finally get my Death Riders (formerly the Doom riders) chapter into the Librarium. They've always been a unique challenge to pull off with their geneseed mutation, so here's hoping it works. ;)

Cambrius

I would say "Is that a challenge?", but then it would spiral out of control and at some point there will be classrooms of students sitting copying out of textbooks as their teacher attempts to type out an IA a day.

Oh good lord. Octavulg, if anyone has problems with you doing one of the chapters youve come up with I dont think my Shadow Lords could be used in this challenge either. As it stands, I think the only rule re: chapter of choice was that it could not be one in the Librarium already...so I think you're fine there!!

Looking at the names Im seeing pop up for this challenge, I suspect our main problem wont be a lack of challengers, rather it will be editing eachother's work! I look forward to sinking my teeth into many articles...and being shot at again by those who have helped (and argued with) me in the past!

and you Ferrata...don't tempt me to go Iron Man on this one either...youll get another Ultra Templars I swear!

I, Dark Apostle Thirst, do vow upon the Dark Gods, excluding Nurgle, the coward god, to craft my Lords of Shadow AND Vengeance of Corax into two chapters which has its own IA worthy of the Librarium, so that each may join thir hallowed ranks, before the challenge has ended and has cost them their chance at infamy.

EDIT : spelling mistake, didn't want my vow to look goofy.

Oh, is there a rule on doing TWO chapters? I guess I have been working on two, one Chaos and one Loyalist.

Edit: Crap, another question! Because some folks may just be working on a DIY chapter independent of the Gauntlet challenge, maybe there could be a key word we have to include in the subject to clue others in?

I would say "Is that a challenge?", but then it would spiral out of control and at some point there will be classrooms of students sitting copying out of textbooks as their teacher attempts to type out an IA a day.

If you're afraid, Ferrata, it's OK to admit it. I understand.

Also, how would that be different from school now?

Plus, a true Iron Man would do every aspect of the challenge multiple times. So you'd also have to produce an army et al for all those IAs.

I, Viva La Jade , of the Sons of Volturi take up MY Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (or Dark Gods) curse me if I fail.

:tu:

I've created a monster...

There is no issue with multiple Chapters, as some people have raised. Its just more HARD CORE if you do it all for one. As for the Phantoms, there awesome so I'll let you off rewriting them.

Just to make it clear the only condition set on Chapters is those not already submitted/entered to the Librarium. I imagine, come May the Codicers are going to be busy :lol:

Its great to see so many people accepting the Challenge. Perhaps I should have set the higher rank Challenges more for this one. I suspect some out there may already be bordering of Silver Quill level. Oh well, there is always the 2011 Challenges B)

I, Plague Angel, do emerge from a long absence in order to take up your challenges. I vow before my brothers and sisters of the Bolter and Chainsword to complete an Idex Astartes article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th of May, Two-thousand and Ten. I vow to aid those same brothers and sisters with their own challenges, as best as I am able. I pledge this in the most holy names of Father Sanguinius and Grandfather Nurgle.

A note to participants (especially commenters):

Pace yourselves. Especially in commenting. We have another four months after January where people will be writing IAs. I doubt contest judges or fellow participants will be impressed if you make all your comments in the first two weeks and then say nothing to anyone thereafter.

Plus, little details are going to matter when getting into the Librarium, and it'd be a bad thing if everyone were sick of looking at everything when that time came. :P

Well, I really ought to take part in this, as I've been progressing at a savagely slow pace in all things hobby-related.

I, AdeptusDavidus, of the Blackfeather Raiders take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (or Dark Gods - whoever gets there first) curse me if I fail.

Archived