The Iron Gauntlet DIY Challenge - 2010

Brother Argent

Guest Mordray
I, Mordray, remembrancer of the Void Reavers take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

Pace yourselves. Especially in commenting. We have another four months after January where people will be writing IAs. I doubt contest judges or fellow participants will be impressed if you make all your comments in the first two weeks and then say nothing to anyone thereafter.

So we end up with things like 'Comment 163/20' on the end of some of our posts, surely that's no bad thing ^_^

I think im going to stop lurking and try some of this out.

I, Captain Nightengel, of the Shadow Knights take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fello challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (or Dark Gods) curse me if I fail.

I shall not fail! :)

~ Capt

Well, why the heck not?

I, Sgt. Cotys, do pledge my participation in the Iron Gauntlet challenge, first round. I pledge that I shall have completed an Index Astartes quality article on either the Bears Rampant of the Brotherhood of Ashe Astartes chapters, by May 7th, 2010. I also vow to support both my brothers & sisters in their own endeavours to provide an IA article for their own chapters. Lest someone charges at me with a pointed stick.

Sorry about mentioning two chapters, I will narrow it down in the next two weeks, it depends on which I feel most inspired to.

A note to participants (especially commenters):

Pace yourselves. Especially in commenting. We have another four months after January where people will be writing IAs. I doubt contest judges or fellow participants will be impressed if you make all your comments in the first two weeks and then say nothing to anyone thereafter.

Plus, little details are going to matter when getting into the Librarium, and it'd be a bad thing if everyone were sick of looking at everything when that time came. :rolleyes:

I heartily agree with this statement and highly encourage any and all participants to really look at the submissions...not just glance at them and say "hey i like it." Use your comments to both assist the others and improve your own submissions! More is not always better...sometimes it's just more... (forget where i heard that one....)

Of course they would be much better but.........good idea?

A nice idea until the official quill images come out. Perhaps something more like this would work (and use the space) better:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm1/Starblayde/GW/BCIGsig.jpg

Love the Signature. Sorry for all the various misspellings etc. You try scanning through a thousand and one pledges in tiny tiny white writing and trying to get them all right. :)

Seriously, awseome number of participants. However I agree with Octavulg here, people seriously need to pace themselves with the commenting. Although I understand now I should have set the Challenge numbers higher We cant have people run out and comment themselves to twenty on the first week. (Yeah some people were getting close on the first day.) Pace it a little guys. Of course if [eople manage to keep up this pace with the comments till the end I'll be impressed and it would make Liber a much nicer place.

EDIT: Add to that how I apparently have a poorly trained monkey typing for me as surely I can't type that bad, and well, you get the picture.

Surprise, surprise. I can't believe I've read this and missed that I could use a work in progress.

I, KingHongKong, of the Death Heads take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fello challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (or Dark Gods) curse me if I fail. Please leave or PM me a link to your Chapter so I can update the first post.

I, InquisitorHayn, guardian of the Keldara sector and incessant meddler in the affairs of the Fenian Wraiths, take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

As a relative newbie to the B&C, looking forward to working with all of my fellow armoured engines of wanton destruction. Good luck to all, and may the incontinent God Emperor never void his nethers upon you.

I,Battle-Brother Ludovic , of the White Ravens take up MY Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fello challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (or Dark Gods) curse me if I fail.

I, The Curator, of the Favored Souls take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

I will be starting the IA article soon enough, and then I'll PM you Silver

I, Hasoroth, of the Reckoners take up your Challenge. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor curse me if I fail.

I, ,King Willy, of the Chosen Of Mallius take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fellow challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (or Dark Gods) curse me if I fail.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/csmp.php

- Solomon de Gravier - The Champions: IA

Yeh! I'm at the top of the list.

There are currently 20 25 30 35 38 participants. That's almost inpossible to fit on one page of this forum. That means that the participants on the 2nd page aren't going to get as much feedback as those on the 1st page!

Just an ARGH! moment to keep your lives exciting ;)

There are currently 20 25 30 35 38 participants. That's almost inpossible to fit on one page of this forum. That means that the participants on the 2nd page aren't going to get as much feedback as those on the 1st page!

Just an ARGH! moment to keep your lives exciting ;)

What? You mean you don't check the second page as well? :huh:

I'll take a look at anyone who's on page 2 later. Right now I've got stuff to do.

That's a good idea. A very good idea, even.

I'll adopt that approach myself. If everyone in the challenge keeps their eyes open, hopefully that will keep people from panicking should their IA slip from the first page.

I, Lt. Smash, of the Pentinent Devils take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete an IA article and submit it to the Librarium before the 7th May 2010. I vow to support my fello challengers with their IAs to the best of my ability. May the Emperor (or Dark Gods) curse me if I fail. If they did they wouldn't be the first.

Archived