IA: The Stonebound

Ace Debonair

So... When do my favorite dwarven Marines get another pass on polish?

Actually, I was going to start over.

Don't panic - It's not starting-from-scratch. It's quite the opposite, I'm keeping all the good bits. Octavulg's already threatened me with death if I don't reminded me to keep the saga in the sidebar, for instance. And Kagara itself probably won't change too much.

I think I'll make a much better job of this if I expand it from an outline like I did with my Rift Lords, making sure to cut anything unneccesary and polish all the necessary stuff.

What I can tell you right now though, is that the Stonebound are definitely, totally, and most emphatically going to be Khan's boys.

No matter how much it makes sense to make them Dornish, every fibre of my being cries out in revulsion and pain to make another damn Dorn-child.

Again, don't get me wrong. Both the IF and BT are coolness given marine form. Heck, I don't even mind Dorn himself that much.

I just can't bring myself to make a DIY that adds to the already-far-too-large pile of DIY Dorn Successors. At all. I have to fight a compelling urge to break my own fingers just for even thinking about it.

I realise that I'll have to cut down on the Dwarven to make them a viable Khan successor, though.

That's fine too - I wanted Dwarf-inspired, rather than cut-and-paste Space Dwarf Marines, and I honestly was happier laying the theme on a little thinner. :lol:

Huh. I'm rambling. ;)

I'd better get back on with the new outline. It'll probably take me most of the weekend as it is. :lol:

EDIT:

Looks good, very close to the Exectutioners Chapter badge though.. Yes, I'm awkward :D

Are they from before the 6th founding? If not, their badge looks like mine. :P

Also, I'm content to share with the Executioners for now. I think the badge is the least of my problems.

Edited by Ace Debonair

What I can tell you right now though, is that the Stonebound are definitely, totally, and most emphatically going to be Khan's boys.

No matter how much it makes sense to make them Dornish, every fibre of my being cries out in revulsion and pain to make another damn Dorn-child.

Again, don't get me wrong. Both the IF and BT are coolness given marine form. Heck, I don't even mind Dorn himself that much.

I just can't bring myself to make a DIY that adds to the already-far-too-large pile of DIY Dorn Successors. At all. I have to fight a compelling urge to break my own fingers just for even thinking about it.

I realise that I'll have to cut down on the Dwarven to make them a viable Khan successor, though.

Might I make a suggestion? You might wish to consider Salmanders gene-seed, they're quite dwarfen in their behavior with their emphasis on self reliance, self sacrifice and also a good dose of smiting craftsmanship.

This will get around the "already-far-too-large pile of DIY Dorn Successors" (there aren't nearly enough Salamanders successors around) problem while allowing you to make them as dwarven or un-dwarven as you like!

Edited by Telveryon

While I understand the latter reasoning, I can totally see the former sentence being a focus of much furor and discussion as it was earlier in the.... err... last time this was worked on.

May I suggest Iron Hands if you're willing to be swayed? Otherwise, I fully support your choice of Khan as your primarch, I like being different, especially when every second chapter out there is either painfully noble, stubborn or self-flagellating dressed in red and black and being incredibly understated in an effort to be cool. Or something.

Ramble much GHY? Gah.

The Training Cadre will inform much of a Chapters early history and way of doing things until the culture they absorb from their recruits begins to shine through as the "Old Guard" die out, so I don't see it being a major problem.

Looks good, very close to the Exectutioners Chapter badge though.. Yes, I'm awkward :(

Are they from before the 6th founding? If not, their badge looks like mine. :)

Also, I'm content to share with the Executioners for now. I think the badge is the least of my problems.

The Executioners are 3rd Founding, and they are Dorn boys, though they don't act at all like the BTs, IFs or even CFs (they are sooo much cooler than all three combined).

Edited by Heru Talon

Looks good, very close to the Exectutioners Chapter badge though.. Yes, I'm awkward :D

Are they from before the 6th founding? If not, their badge looks like mine. :P

3rd Founding, and they are Dorn boys (though they don't act at all like the BTs, IFs or even CFs).

Gadzooks! :( They're everywhere! :lol:

So I swiped someone else's badge. I can live with that for the time being. :)

Onthe subject of geneseed, I've been thinking further and come to the following conclusions.

See, the other things about the geneseed issue are:

1] I've grown to think biker marines are pretty cool. (Even if i think the bikes would be incredibly silly in real life.) Scars successors are likely to include a lot of bikes, for better or worse.

2] I've heard many times over the last six months that geneseed is the least important part of a chapter. :P

3] I'm not really looking to pick the 'what-is-most-dwarvish' option at every opportunity.

So, I'm sticking with Khan and company for the time being.

If it really falls flat, I'll change the geneseed, probably to Salamanders for the sake of an easy life. But I'm determined to at least have a shot at building up the Stonebound the way I personally envisioned them first.

So I swiped someone else's badge. I can live with that for the time being. <_<

Apart from your axes being the same type, your badges aren't the same. CJJ was just poking you with a pointy stick.

Here you can hit him a couple of times with this spinal flail.

:: Hands Ace a spinal flail ::

So I swiped someone else's badge. I can live with that for the time being. <_<

Apart from your axes being the same type, your badges aren't the same. CJJ was just poking you with a pointy stick.

Here you can hit him a couple of times with this spinal flail.

:: Hands Ace a spinal flail ::

:P

*Thwack* Take that, CJJ, you despicable, pointy-stick armed fiend. :P *Clunk*

EDIT: Hmm, you'd best have this back, Heru - I don't want to go stealing your trademark for more than a sentence or so in case I'm next on the clubbing list. :lol:

Edited by Ace Debonair

CJJ was just poking you with a pointy stick.

No I wasn't, honest...

The Executioners' two black axes side by side on a red shield vs the Stonebound's crossed biege axes.

:: Hits CJJ with spinal flail several more times ::

CJJ was just poking you with a pointy stick.

No I wasn't, honest...

The Executioners' two black axes side by side on a red shield vs the Stonebound's crossed biege axes.

:: Hits CJJ with spinal flail several more times ::

*crawls across the floor screaming "Apothecary!" in loud, dramatic, voice.*

This has gone the way of derailment. More Stonebound and less spinal flail abuse!

Or I shall dust off my fluff-bolter and start pointing it at people menacingly, until I find some ammunition.

*crawls across the floor screaming "Apothecary!" in loud, dramatic, voice.*

I would but I'm on break, just like many of your bones it seems. :D

I'm adding to the derailment, damnit.

This is what happens when Ace, or his Alpha Legion twin, keep us waiting..

What.

I didn't even revive this thread. I never planned to revive this thread.

Once this thread has decently buried itself again, then I'll post the new outline, assuming I'm happy with said outline by that time.

So this is more what happens when the updates aren't ready. :lol:

EDIT: Part of their belief system will probably be a hatred of typos, and a burning desire to engage them in combat.

Edited by Ace Debonair

This is what happens when Ace, or his Alpha Legion twin, keep us waiting..

What.

I didn't even revive this thread. I never planned to revive this thread.

Once this thread has decently buried itself again, then I'll post the new outline, assuming I'm happy with said outline by that time.

So this is more what happens when the updates aren't ready. :lol:

EDIT: Part of their belief system will probably be a hatred of typos, and a burning desire to engage them in combat.

First off I can't be guilty of anything.. So it must be your fault ;)

Secondly... I'm all for reading that, but use it for the Emperor's Gardeners; Pruning Typos From The Imperium since the Xth Founding.

Secondly... I'm all for reading that, but use it for the Emperor's Gardeners; Pruning Typos From The Imperium since the 27th Founding.

Fixed for you. :devil:

EDIT: And totally stolen as an idea. Gardening and a vaguely-derived philosophy thereof applied to every facet of life in the grim-dark far-future? Meh, it's not as silly as 1,000 dragons, so I'll use that. :lol:

And now I'm leaving this thread to fade out so I don't take up the entire first page when I post the new outline. ;)

Edited by Ace Debonair