Let No Good Deed Go Unpunished!

Modis

Greetings, Allies and slaves to the False Emperor alike! Modis, Champion of Chaos says hello! :D :yes:

I am new to Warhammer 40,000 in general, and took a liking to Chaos Space Marines.

Anyway, I have legions of unpainted chaos (well, <2000pts), and am going to brew up some fluff and a paint scheme for them. Can I rely on you to help?

:lol:

Anyway :ermm: bye!

I've got a quite a few ideas for it at the minute:

• They have links to the Black Legion, mainly acting separately, but when given orders carry them out quickly.

• Worship all four gods of chaos.

• Favour attacking as ‘waves’, each ‘wave’ keeps the enemy occupied until the next one arrives. This is mainly to raise the enemy’s hopes, only to dash them with reinforcements. The first wave will already be extremely close to the enemy, holding them down with fire. The next wave will be of either bikers who avoid enemy fire whilst providing mobile support for the first wave, and possibly acting as a mobile homing beacon who provide support not only with firepower but also with daemons or terminators who teleport into combat. The third wave will advance in Rhino transport vehicles, attacking with deadly plasma fire through fire slots wherever necessary. The final wave will, if it is required, comprise of Vindicators which ruthlessly eliminate all remaining heavily armoured targets.

• They are based on the Space Hulk known as The Damned Shadow. They do however have other ways of getting around, but due to the durability and technology of the Space Hulk, and its manoeuvrability (in comparison to a planet) can generally make it a much better base in their opinion.

• In general, they are not fanatical about worshipping any of the chaos gods, but there are exceptions among them, and conflict is rife between these aspects of the force.

I've also got a paint scheme idea at the minute. It's not brilliant, but it's a start.

csm.php?bpe=000000&bpj=000000&bp=000000&bpc=B50000&bpn=B50000&hdt=B50000&hrn=B85A3B&hdm=000000&hdl=000000&ey=FF0000&er=B50000π=B40000&nk=B50000&ch=000000&abs=242323&bt=1C1C1C&btd=FFD000&cod=000000&ull=000000&lll=000000&lft=000000&url=000000&lrl=000000&rft=000000&slt=B50000&sli=000000&srt=B50000&sri=000000&ula=B50000&lel=000000&lla=000000&lh=000000&ura=B50000&rel=000000&rla=000000&rh=000000&ri=FFD000&tr=B50000&bg=FFFFFF&rb=9C2121&gr=000000&grid=TRUE&

That's all I've got for now. Thanks.

I'd re-think those waves personally...

1st - Vindies/Tanks

2nd - Rhinos

3rd - Troops advancing on foot into the enemy (probably after they've dismounted from the Rhinos)

4th - Bikers to hunt them down as they attempt to flee...

Otherwise, your first wave pins the enemy down, so your second wave wastes their mobility cos the enemy are already static and probably defending on all sides and have no need to be teleoprt delivery systems cos the other guys are already close enough to do that, your third wave will turn up too late, as the guys in the first wave have already had to advance on foot through all that anti-personel fire that would have been handy to have a Rhino to avoid, and your 4th wave will be dropping shells on the enemy and your own troops who by this time are too close to avoid the incomming fire (the teleported troops/termies/daemons as well as the first wave troops who are so close).

Currently, your Chaos legion would be terrifying for a single fight, then be mostly dead.

Space hulks and manouvreability? They steer like a pig... Far too much understeer, no brakes, hald the wiring is shot and you have no idea how to get the radio to turn in... A space hulk isnt actually a very good idea as a long term base, especially for marines who wont need the massive space (as they wont have the numbers), not do they have the manpower to defend it all (as they wont have the numbers), plus they'll have to keep the Nid infestation under control (worse than cockroaches, those Stealers...).

Just afew thoughts, presented in a slightly comic stylee...

Leonaides, your comments about the waves does make sense now that I think about it. But as for the Space Hulk, it is certainly not planet sized :P . And whilst it is extremely hard to control the movement of a Space Hulk, as it makes warp jumps at random, they can still move a lot further than a planet or moon could, but do you have any other suggestions for a base for my warband then? :)

And also, what can I do to improve the paint scheme? The tubes are supposed to be a similar red to the soft armour, but for some reason it won't show.

Leonaides, your comments about the waves does make sense now that I think about it. But as for the Space Hulk, it is certainly not planet sized :lol: . And whilst it is extremely hard to control the movement of a Space Hulk, as it makes warp jumps at random, they can still move a lot further than a planet or moon could, but do you have any other suggestions for a base for my warband then? :)

And also, what can I do to improve the paint scheme? The tubes are supposed to be a similar red to the soft armour, but for some reason it won't show.

A space hulk can be re-wired and made pilotable. Look at the Soul Drinkers' novels.

TBH - I'd rather volunteer for a mind-wipe... But even they had to abandon it as unsuitable for defence. While a Space Hulk might be able to be made steerable, there'll pretty much be guaranteed some ships and equipment that they wouldnt know what it was, how it worked or how to make it safe (is that blinking light the seatbelt warning sign or a nuke slowly ticking down to detonation?).

A large capital ship (grand cruiser or similar IIRC) ought to have enough space for a bunch of chaos marines - after all, they commonly have crews of 10-12,000 humans dont they? A BFG player would know more. Even if your chaos warband is the size of a full chapter, it ought to be able to fit onto a single ship. Maybe they have a small fleet of ships they have captured and turned to their use. A fleet would be more manouvreable than a hulk, provide enough space for the marines, and allow them free travel around wherever they want. Maybe their only static emplacement is similar to an Ork Rok - a hollowed out asteroid that they use the rest of the fleet to manouvre to a new star system every now and then, while they raid that area. When the time comes to move on (before the Imperium gets its act together) they just up sticks and move off to a new area. Maybe they make a new base each time, mayeb they take the old one with them. Maybe they leave theri old bases hidden all around the place jsut in case they need to come back - basic supplies stockpiled and hidden (similiar to BT keeps that are left all over teh galaxy, but occasionally tthe BT's come back).

Just a few suggestions.

Archived