Jorre's Blood Angels - The Lord of Death

Jorre

And here is my Librarian all Finished

gallery_48822_4461_292314.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_123515.jpg

I've just got the new Forge world Scorpions Librarian with honor guard kit, I'm going to try and modify him into a Jump pack Librarian so this guy will probably get shelved pretty soon

I've got some more stuff to post later so stay tuned

Here are some pics of my new WIP's

First the Foot slogging Priest

gallery_48822_4461_408098.jpg

I wanted to run a 10man Stern guard squad, but the metal models are not very unique, luckily the new forge world bolters are perfect for making your own.

gallery_48822_4461_219579.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_197674.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_305910.jpg

I also really wanted a heavy flamer for my drop pod squad so alot of cutting and the new Legion of the damned model was perfect

gallery_48822_4461_484406.jpg

and Finally the new chaplin minus head.

gallery_48822_4461_528214.jpg

Also working on a new tactical squad and a attack bike squad but no pictures yet.

Very nice work, Jorre!

I like the way your BAs look. BTW don't pe afraid to do battle damage. There are a lot of articles here on BnC to help you with that.

When starting a vehicle do a little test on a panel and see how it turns out.

EDIT: What's your recipe for yellow?

Here are some pics of my new WIP's

First the Foot slogging Priest

gallery_48822_4461_408098.jpg

I wanted to run a 10man Stern guard squad, but the metal models are not very unique, luckily the new forge world bolters are perfect for making your own.

gallery_48822_4461_219579.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_197674.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_305910.jpg

I also really wanted a heavy flamer for my drop pod squad so alot of cutting and the new Legion of the damned model was perfect

gallery_48822_4461_484406.jpg

and Finally the new chaplin minus head.

gallery_48822_4461_528214.jpg

Also working on a new tactical squad and a attack bike squad but no pictures yet.

i'm liking to the look of this.

And here is my Librarian all Finished

Wow! He looks nice! I like this conversion, especially his hooded head and the halberd. :angry:

The Sternguard Vets look pretty nice too, can't wait to see them finished.

And give your chappy a head  :yes:

The yellow on the assault squad I did quite a while ago so I have forgotten the exact method. From what I can remember I used a white undercoat, followed by a really thinned out base coat of bubonic brown (Actually looks more like a dull yellow than brown to me).You can do 2 base coats since the paint is so thin but 1 is enough. I then gave it a fairly heavy wash with badab black. Just make sure you get the black in all the cracks try not to let it pool on the flat surfaces. I then went once over again with thinned out bubonic brown avoiding the black in the corners (basically leaving little black lines where ever I wanted them). The last combination of colours I used escapes me, I know it was a mix of Goldern and sunburst yellow with a tiny bit of bubonic brown to tone it down a bit, but I don't remember what ratios i mixed them with, just make sure when you put this final layer on you mix some water in and thin it out quite alot and avoid all the black lines or you'll have to clean it all up.

Hope this helps!

While I am very happy with the way my red turned out, I am looking for a new way to paint it myself. The technique I have been using takes far to long and I find I have been loosing interest before I can finish a project, especially if its a 10man squad.

How ever since you asked I'll tell you how I do red.

Basically white undercoat, followed by a very thin coat of Red Gore (I always use very thinned out paint) after that a really heavy coat of badab black. Next I used a very watered down mix of Blood Red and Dark Flesh avoid painting all the parts you want to remain black. Next is a coat of watered down Blood Red, again avoiding the parts you want to remain black. Final red coat is Blood red and Fiery Orange watered down of course and again avoiding the parts you want to remain black. I finnaly put a really watered down coat of Ogryn flesh all over the model ususaly about 75% water 25% ogryn flesh, if you put to puch ogryn flesh in the mix I find it makes the red a little to dark for my tastes.

The problem I find with this technique is you have to be very careful with your brush strokes from every coat after the babad black wash or you will loose your black lines and shadows, it makes the model extremely time consuming to paint. How ever I am very happy with the end result.

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...

Wow Its been over a year since I last updated this WIP page!

I have done a tonne of work in that time and I have heaps of photos to show you now that I have a half decent camera phone! So here goes!

First up my new Missile launcher squad, I really banged these together as fast as I could for a mini tournament they are pretty much table top quality only

gallery_48822_4461_436207.jpg

Next we have a 5 man assault squad! Also knocked together for the same tourney

gallery_48822_4461_2501386.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_397685.jpg

Next we have Astorath!! Probably the most fun I have ever had painting a minature! He has tonnes of detail and is really easy to paint.

gallery_48822_4461_170662.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_146375.jpg

I have only ever used him once. After spending a solid 2 weeks painting him I was heart broken after his epic failture in his first and only game! Basically he got wounded 3 times by 2 demonettes he assaulted. 2 normal wounds and 1 rending he failed bother 2+ saves and the 4+ invul and hit the dirt before he could even swing! My mates have never stopped laughing about that one!

Next we have my new honour guard. I think I took a whole year to finish these guys, mostly dude to interuptions from other things I needed to finish more

gallery_48822_4461_677589.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1978573.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_463195.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_708268.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_581518.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_139311.jpg

I've also painted a new tactical squad, but no photos yet. Will try take some tonight

Lastly here are my new WIP shots

gallery_48822_4461_1611192.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_740642.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_651140.jpg

And a sneak peak of my new gaming board. Its only half painted atm so you'll have to wait for the rest of the pics

gallery_48822_4461_87196.jpg

Love some comments and positive and negative!

Lots of big new plans.... I have decided to create an entire new Blood Angels army. Until now my current force has been a bit mish mosh and all over the place. I have some tanks, some jump troops, some tacticals, some razor squads etc. My army is just not cohesive, and thats because I generally build 1 squad at a time paint it then decide on the next project then get distracted and build/paint something else!

Well I am now going to build a 2000 point Storm Raven/Jump assault army. This army is going to be useable at 1750-2000 and I may scale it up to 2500 later. The entire army needs to be as dynamically posed as possible with a minimum of 2 10man assault squads with jump packs of course. In order to make this army look and act as cohesive as possible I am going to start from scratch and not use any of my old guys. I am going to use custom made bases I knocked up with greenstuff and some cork here is a sample I tried earlier

gallery_48822_4461_2446577.jpg

I think they look ok and hopefully having the entire army on the same style bases will add to the cohesion of the army. I just received a tonne of forgeworld and anvil industries bitz so both assault squads are going to be decked out in MK IV armour and helemets with some Anvil Industry stuff added in for special troops like Veteran Sergeants and Vanguard vets etc

Stay tuned I am gonna build this entire force before I even pick up a paint brush!

Archived