Jorre's Blood Angels - The Lord of Death

Jorre

It's really easy to do vharing, just take a assault marine pair of legs and cut the bent leg at the hip and reposition it how ever you want. You might need a little green stuff to fill in the gap. The hole is usually underneath so you don't have to be particularly good with green stuff to get it looking good

Here is a sneak peak of my new Vanguard assault squad. This will be the Veteran Sergeant, the rest of the squad will have the same shoulder pads and helmets but a different chest. What do you think ? Suitably 300 enough ?

gallery_48822_4461_36813.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_2381399.jpg

nice work on your BA's. On the VV (300) guy I'm not seeing spartan really might be better with a sword instead. I might add to say the old school SW sword would look more "Greek- like". Plus game wise if your SS fails your loosing a TH as well. Better to allocate across the squad with different rolls. :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

For my LPC I have promised to paint 1 Librarian a 10man Assault squad and 6 man Vanguard Veteran squad.... With Star wars MMO Old Republic out it is not going so well!!!

Anyway here is my first LPC update

Librarian Base coated and with some minor highlighting

gallery_48822_4461_10552.jpg

And the 10 man assault squad

gallery_48822_4461_2285868.jpg

I am still waiting on some bitz to arrive before I finish putting together the vanguard so pics will be a little while

Also for anyone who has been following my normal WIP thread I finnaly finished painting my new gaming board! I don't think its the right colour to represent the Blood Angels home world, but for now I will pretend its a important outpost world under there control!

gallery_48822_4461_2760262.jpg

A pilgramage to the emperor!

gallery_48822_4461_2205629.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_2355051.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_667885.jpg

I have plans to expand the terrain a little bit, some more area terrain would be nice maybe a little poluted swamp or something

• 1 month later...

A very nice piece. The subtle highlights look good(although they are a bit too subtle for my likings :) ) and the blended white on the hand came off great! Nice choice for the force weapon, if it wasn't for the price and a now redundant libby, I'd already have bought the kit.

The OSL on the base looks realistic, well done!

The only things I'd change are the highlights on the armour, the OSL on the lenses and the highlights on the loincloth. It may be due to the picture, but I feel it's kinda bland especially on the foldings of the cloth.

That's it from me, again a very nice Librarian there mate! :lol: Good luck with the rest of your vow, the '300'-style marines look good!

Snorri

Thanks for the comments guys, I agree with you on the blue I am not entirely happy with it myself. I tried a lot of new techniques on this model and overall I am happy with it, but there is alot of room for improvement :tu:

Thanks for the comments guys, I agree with you on the blue I am not entirely happy with it myself. I tried a lot of new techniques on this model and overall I am happy with it, but there is alot of room for improvement :sweat:

A tip, if you don't mind:

I'd try to use a very dark blue or perhaps black to shade the current blue down, especially in the recesses. They lack definition and don't seperate the armour sections from each other. So basically it is similar to blacklining, but not as harsh and generally more subtle.

Then, you can shade the lower parts of the armour sections with a mix of Chaos Black and Enchanted Blue and add edge highlights after that for some nice definition. But that's only one possibility. :lol:

Snorri

Thanks for the advice snorri you are spot on with all your comments. I'm not sure I want to go over the blue again as the model is finished and varnished and I'm not sure I can touch it up without making a mess.

The eyes are really bugging me though I made the source lighting a little to dark I mIght try fix that up, but I really need to concentrate on the rest of my vow as I am really falling behind on the rest of the models.

Ok this is my third update for the LPC done alot of work the last couple days. Finished putting together my 300 inspired vanguard veterans and put the base coat of Dragon red on them.

Sorry some of the photos turned out a little blurry

gallery_48822_4461_1280310.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_804391.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_472586.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1841587.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1360568.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1566555.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_6923.jpg

The guys with spears are my counts as lightning claws.

My assault squad is coming along nicely to, but I want to finish a few more thing on them before I take any more photos

Man, those are looking good! I like the poses very much, and you put great effort into the 300 theme. It's nice to see that you get along with your LPC!

Still need to build half of my Veterans :)

Good work. Excited to see some more paint on these!

Snorri

Just a quick update today as I've done some work on my assault squad. I have been working on getting the red armour right and the helmets are ready to go to.

gallery_48822_4461_1828779.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1392456.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_2383867.jpg

Posting my progress and getting feedback has really helped me keep myself motivated, hopefully I can keep it up and get this vow complete in time... Still alot to do!

Man, I love your spear wielding VV! They really look awesome, very Greek B)

Did you use GK halberds as the spears?

I want to see your army fully painted. I bet they will win battles only with their look :lol:

The Spears, shields and Helmets are all from Anvil Industries. They also do some galdius which I plan on using to expand the squad to 10 man.

I actually got to use them in a tournament the other weekend and well I wish they killed as good as they looked to! Rather unlucky day for them. They did kill a Tervigon in one game and a Demon Prince in another, but most the time they came well short of being a worth while buy. I probably didn't use them very well, it was my first proper tournament. However they are great models and Vanguard vets I think are one of the most appealing units in the game to me so I wont be giving up on them just yet.

• 4 months later...

So I have a lot of half finished projects atm.... So just in case I didnt have enough here are a few new models I have been working on! Hopefully I can actually get these ones painted!!!

gallery_48822_4461_1096413.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1633880.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_1208146.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_478292.jpg

gallery_48822_4461_240304.jpg

Thats the first 3 of a planned 5 man squad! All weapons are magnatised so I can swap there weapons out for assault weapons!

Archived