Cain Tiberious Kondrad WIP Blog

By the Crystal Labrynith of Tzeentch, how is it that almost no-one has commented on this? Is something wrong with people? <_<

Seriously, those banners are amazing, and your ability to replicate and convert your marines and vehicles is nothing short of ingenious. Very well done :P

However, I don't think the librarian dread should be carrying a staff. If he is going to be wielding one, he should have one not being held in his hand, IE the one that comes in the box (though I also think you should convert your own unique staff :P )

Thank you, kind sir. I shall have a go at this myself, and hopefully I'll come somewere close to the thing you show here. =)

Also (since I didnt notice last time) - you do have a very cool real name, then. Natanael is the swedish spelling of your name and one that I'll most probably give to one of my sons once I get them (in a few years or so :P).

- Nat

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

But I donno if its because I just woke up up.. I read this 3 times and still don't understand what you mean? lol :mellow:

However, I don't think the librarian dread should be carrying a staff. If he is going to be wielding one, he should have one not being held in his hand, IE the one that comes in the box (though I also think you should convert your own unique staff ^_^ )

The staff isn't the one in the kit. The shaft is from a Helbard in the Chaos Knights kit. The counter weight which I made from a Flail Head or Mace (don't remember which) also from the Chaos Knights kit. The staff head is the double headed Axe from the Sanguinary Guard kit.

I did that for 2 reasons. 1st was I gave the kit Force Weapon to a friend for something he was working on. And 2nd, I intend doing a 2nd Librarian Dread at some point which will use the kit Force Weapon.

If you want to see it or any of my other work painted, you can find them at the links in my sig :D

CTK

However, I don't think the librarian dread should be carrying a staff. If he is going to be wielding one, he should have one not being held in his hand, IE the one that comes in the box (though I also think you should convert your own unique staff ^_^ )

The staff isn't the one in the kit. The shaft is from a Helbard in the Chaos Knights kit. The counter weight which I made from a Flail Head or Mace (don't remember which) also from the Chaos Knights kit. The staff head is the double headed Axe from the Sanguinary Guard kit.

I did that for 2 reasons. 1st was I gave the kit Force Weapon to a friend for something he was working on. And 2nd, I intend doing a 2nd Librarian Dread at some point which will use the kit Force Weapon.

If you want to see it or any of my other work painted, you can find them at the links in my sig :)

CTK

I know that it isn't the one in the kit, I was just using that one as an example of how I think it should be ^_^ However, it isn't my decision to make, and you produce some very good minis, so I'll just go look at those links now... :P

Hey folks. Just a couple pics for ya.

I've built a MK1 conversion Predator. All the weapons are magnetised so I have all the options.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Khabjte/Blood%20Angels/DSC01120.jpg

I've also made a regular predator model of the Mk2 variant. Again with all the weapon options. (The actual turret weapons are shared between both Predators until i can get hold of some more.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Khabjte/Blood%20Angels/DSC01119.jpg

CTK

• 1 month later...

Ive been inactive on the boards due to an extended visit to a lovely - yet barren - country lately.But i have got to comment on this thread - very clean work!!!

Youve inspired me to finally finish my Heresy-era World Eaters army.

Absolutly love the elegancce of the MkI kits, please keep it up!!!.

I very rarely feel then need to compliment anyone on their conversions or painting because you know, i'm a troll and all. It's actually because I feel people on these forums just say anything positive irrelivant of the quality of work which doesn't help anyone improve on their skills.

Your work however is really good and what I liek the most is that you ahve taken some really clever shortcuts to creating grills and bent tube that is really inventive. I think you have nailed the overall look you were after (3rd ed rhino chassis) and the finsish is prety good to boot. Congrats all round. I have no idea why there aren't 100 people singing your priases as well considering the amount of less well executed work that recieves loads of uplifting feedback around forums.

Can't wait to see more.

Regards,

Crynn

Cool, thanks for the comments guys :tu:

I am planing on doing a 2nd Wizard in a Can (I like that, lol) And it will also have a staff, although it will be the one in the kit. But if I had the £££ I would be using the fists from the Ven Dread for all my Dreads. Mounting Blood Talons like how the Terminator Lightening Claws are. And those regular dreads with ranged weapons I'd have them holding/carring their weapon like a Marine carries a Bolter... If I had the £££ ^_^ [/end dream]

However, here be my latest work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Khabjte/Blood%20Angels/DSC01239.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Khabjte/Blood%20Angels/DSC01240.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/Khabjte/Blood%20Angels/DSC01241.jpg

Its a Blood Angel Fellblade superheavy. Alot of it is just tacked together at the moment so I can take pieces off to paint. But before I paint it, I still have to tidy it up, fill any gaps etc and I have a bunch of BA iconography to add.

The main tank is the Banebalde obviously. The large top turret, the 3 smaller turrets, the rear engin plate, tracks and feul tanks are a resin kit from Blood and Skulls Industries (I found them on ebay) The Flamestorm cannons are from a Landraider plus Space Marine vehicle accessories...

If anyone actually knows the rules and data sheet from a Fellblade, I'd appreciate them. Or it will remain a nice center piece to the force.

C&C welcome as always.

CTK

Hi there, Nice Fellblade, if you like his stuff have a search for "Fell Blades of Renown" he's got a couple of kits, currently working on a DA one IIRC with some large Plasma Goodness.

Re the Rules, Try these: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2008/09/pla...battle-v20.html.

Now Get some paint on that Bad boy!

FTE

Archived