Krewl's Angels of Vengeance pictures

krewl

Nice job!

And by the way - very nice interpretation of cyclon :) - it is the Landspeeder kit, if I am not mistaken?

Thanks for the praise, I'm not used to getting many praises compaired to some of the better painters here on the forum, but I am happy with the results I get (Most of the time).

I do not understand what you mean with the cyclon bit?

I was referring to one of Your termies wielding Cyclone Missile Launcher on one of his hands. The bit appears similar to plastics from the Landspeeder Typhoon missile launcher - is it the same? I was asking, because I made a similar conversion from TML (Typhoon missile launcher) to Cyclone. But I used two pieces of missile silos instead of one. Did You use one because the DA codex is from the old edition and only allows one shot from the CML instead of two?

Aha, you mean the cyclone I was thinking of cylons (Of battlestar galactica ;) ).

Actually he has 2 missile launchers, one on each hand, but one is blocked from view in the picture.

And what I used is the original Cyclone missile launcher, but cut in half and removed the middle part for 2 bits I stuck on the lower arms.

Hah, I actually thought he meant cylon too and went back and checked all of your images for some kind of cylon look/tribute/reference.

:)

Well, this is exactly the thing which happens if You are not having enough ale and spend too much time burning incenses :P

Cheers on April 1st ! :)

P.S. I am intending to steal Your CML conversion idea for some minis ;)

I have plenty off termie models as you can read so I'm gonna try for an over the top missile guy.

I will remodel the Missile launcher from the typhoon kit I have to fit on top of the termie (Where the normal CML is) and magnetise him, so that I can attach the arms with the CML launchers, makes for a "Bulking with guns" Model, I think that will look cool :D If it does look nice I'll make 5 guys with that loadout.

Maybe I'll start on that guy tonight, I just seem to have this termiantor buy right now. (And almost the 2nd of april (So my birthday). I'm pretty certain I'm getting the Fortress of Redemption, hopeing for enough people to also get the Imperial bastion kit.

On an entirely different note:

I do not have any drop pods, and I was thinking along the lines of a drop pod sized someting (Like a teleported weapons platform) to use as a counts as, for when I play space wolf rules, who can not teleport because they are scared and stuff. As I still feel my models are angelic, not wolvie, the models should represent that.

So when I'd use pods these "teleported weapons platforms" should be the same size as a pod, and my squads just happen to teleport within 2" of said platform.

So I need to know some size measurements to get started:

- Is a drop pods base the same size as a dreadnought base?

- How high is the pod (inches or centimeters)

- Does it get any wider then the base when deployed? (Not counting the door's)

I'm thinking of doing something with a swappable weapon on the top where I can mount a stormbolter or swap it for that missile launcher (though I'd guess these are not worth the points as I never see anyone using them). Maybe a trypod like construction.

• 1 month later...

I built 2 of the missile guy's but without the paint they are not a lot to look at.

I'll post pictures of my 3 drop pods and the long fangs Special Missile launcher squad I finished.

Even though I played the SW codex last set of games, there still Angels to me. Not a pelt or mug of ale in sight, but lots of Wings angels and some feathers... seems Angels to me :)

Now for this idea I had on a Space Wolf lord...

The gear:

Thunderwolf Mount (+1 T, A and S and caveraly to boot)

Frost Axe/Sword (+1 S)

Runic armour (2+ save)

Storm Shield (3++ save)

Saga of the warrior born (Extra attacks for each wound done in the last CC fase.)

Some sprinklets (Wolf tail and tooth talismans)

(Psy protection and hit on a 3+ in CC always)

Alternative gear is 4+ inv save and a bolt pistol for an extra attack in CC, but less of an inv save.

Now before you melta the topic because it reeks of Ale and unwashed pelts....

My conversion idea:

One Master of the Ravenwing on Jetbike.

File off the plasma cannon and fill up the bottom and you have a jetbike.

The speed is not like a true bike, but fleet and the 12"charge range do give a good speed boost.

Toughness is some armour plating on the bike (Which you could expand a bit to represent the base T5.

More attacks would just be because he is a badd ass. :lol:

The combined Strength bonusses make him a Heavefall blade at S6, which I would build like a sort of hunting lance, think Grey knights here, or an really big sword. (I like the DA wedge at the end where they get a bit broader).

Kinda sounds like the Sammy I'd like to have sometimes, a horrible CC monster which I can throw into CC, expecting him to reap a bloody tally.

Then as a rider the legs of Sammy (they fit and have robes so why change that) with I think the top body of Azreal (If I go for that sword) and offcourse a special backpack (One of the veteran kit specials). Mount it on a Dreadnought base and voila, thunderwolf cavalry in DA form.

Else I'd take a Ravenwing rider (Cloaked) body and use special shoulderpads and a backpack for that model.

Modelwise it would have to look something like a Knight jousting behind a huge shield with a lance pointing forward but thenon a jetbike instead of a horse.

What do you think? Heresy or an interesting idea?

And just because this is a picture topic, some game shots from me at the Dutch battle of the Clubs. (I forgot to shoot the last game)

Game results where 10-10, 14-6 and 20-0 to me, but SW rules so I don't think battle reports would be at their best place here.

First battle:

gallery_20326_4499_7526.jpg

On the right hand side I had another 10 termies, I botched deployemnt because of 2 hours of sleep... I planned to drop all my guys left, near the 2 objectives, and what do I do, I deploy my biggest unit to the right.... sleep madness. Energy drinks got me more awake later on, but then I am not really a morning person anyways.

A reasonable shot of 2 of my 3 pods.

gallery_20326_4499_9416.jpg

And a shot of the game 2 against IG.

gallery_20326_4499_89465.jpg

All those tank wrecks wrecked our LOS so parts of both our armies die nothing while the other parts died to eachother...

Archived