Triszin's Wolvie's - desolators, thunder wolves, rune priest hooty

Triszin

pip on the test model. I think he's about done, besides the base, and after I finish the rest, I may decide to do some light snow effects on them.

edit: just as I say that I notice I still need to paint the rune charms

fX9kvqb.jpg

Edited by Triszin

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks hvitrValdyr.

Kraken,

- I first made a template with a piece of paper, and cut it out.

- then I watered, (I will suggest oiling instead, as water still made it stick) my cutting mat then I used my modeling rolling pin to flatten out my brown stuff (green stuff but firmer) to the desired thickness.

- put the template paper on top used my exacto to make the rough out line, then I cut it out, and applied it( I put 2small dabs of super glue on the model, shoulder, back pack so it would adhere) Once it was on I tried my best to carefully bend the cloak to add the ripples from the wind.

-some of the interior cloak surface was created by, it sticking to the map, and me needing to use a straight edge to slowly cut it free. Which is why I suggest olive oil. Would reduce sticking issue, but will need post clean up once it's harderened so paint will apply

Edited by Triszin

• 2 weeks later...

DERDEO

- I converted it with leg extensions.

I followed this idea here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305660-powerfisted-iws-crow-militia-dark-mech-zm-117-update/?p=4365707

But used armiger leg parts instead of a sentinel leg part

LIVES

Magnets

VLrv1Fa.jpg

BgI5jIj.jpg

dNttP3C.jpg

8QDS6Vh.jpg

rM1geOE.jpg

VAtbtes.jpg

q0v8qAL.jpg

fHvjMp9.jpg

work to do on un warping the missle pod

312Da4Q.jpg

The Hounds turned out splendid, Triszin!

Your work on the Heavy Intercessors looks great, though I’m not really sold on them as a unit type overall.  Your additions to wolf them up look very nice though, and the addition of the centurion plate on the heavy bolter wielder looks great!  That’s a really inspired choice and bit.  I also like the use of the Tartarus helm in the unit, that is also very cool!

Your change to the Deredo is interesting, but I am probably one of the few people that just thinks that Dread is weird and is uninterested in them.  The leg extension is a neat idea though.

I like the banner best for the cyborg-Wolf!  His foot looks cool, but I’m not so sure on the sled foot, just not a direction I would have gone.  Two of the cyber-claw feet would have looked more wicked.  It is still a really cool idea for the guy overall though!

Excellent work as always. I particularly like what you’ve done with the pistols.

Thanks, pistols could've been neater, bit I merged the deathsworn pistol and the reiver pistols. Happy with them. :)

Excellent works! Are the wolf skull helms from Games Workshop itself, Forge World, or a third party?

Thanks, yep they are the forgeworld deathsworn helmets.

I only have 1 spare left now :(

This is phenomenal. I love the colors and conversion work. That wulfen is great and I'm getting some incredible ED-209/battle tech feels from that Deredeo, with a touch of metal gear rex when seen from behind. Perfection.

Thank you, but credit for the deredo idea comes from brofist. Brofist makes amazing conversions, check out his threads sometimes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really like that charged effect on those volkite weapons, fantastic job Triszin!

The casualties bisected by the beam of the Marine and Rhino are great, but are you planning any kind of additional char marking or anything to show the beam’s effects?  The actual separations look a little too clean, not sure if there should be some boiling/spalling effect there or something.

I feel like the Deredeo has always looked like a boat prow to me, not sure how a couple of shields hanging off of it might look...

Really like that charged effect on those volkite weapons, fantastic job Triszin!

The casualties bisected by the beam of the Marine and Rhino are great, but are you planning any kind of additional char marking or anything to show the beam’s effects? The actual separations look a little too clean, not sure if there should be some boiling/spalling effect there or something.

I feel like the Deredeo has always looked like a boat prow to me, not sure how a couple of shields hanging off of it might look...

I think I'll do some more black dry brushing to expand the burn on the torso on the left hand side. I finished the nmm gold on thrbtson last night :)