Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Triszin's Wolvie's - BGV done, Hounds of Morkai WIP

• Please log in to reply
502 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

I like the beefiness of the Judicar, Triszin, but I feel like you need to use a closed hand around the axe haft - right now it looks like he's leaving the axe balanced and just keeping his hand there as an "in case" - there isn't really an implied motion otherwise that I can see that would help tell the story of what he's doing with the axe. I love your freehand knotwork, that's beautifully cool, and I'm just straight up stealing the stasis grenade as the temporal equipment for a Judicar.

I'll do some sculpting to beef up the end of the handle so it looks appropriate!

thanks for pointing it out.

-------

so atm, I have to ride a real fine balance with him painting wise

his armor needs to be black.

Abaddon, corax, highlight with  corax50/50skavenblight dinge

the knotwork

is a base of skaven blight, and I think I can go up to storm vermin, and MAYBE a 50/50 dawnstone if I push it on the extremes

I just need to be careful when I do the layer so it doesnt blend together

Edited by Triszin, 27 September 2020 - 11:22 PM.

• Bryan Blaire likes this
banana

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,237 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
A beheaded Iron Warrior is a GREAT base decoration for the Judiciar. The tempormortis looks like a grenade when handheld, as opposed to suspended from a chain; was this intentional?
  • Triszin likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,937 posts
  • Faction: Conclave of Shadows

"OI!!!! Iron Priest!!! Our barrels are fused shut!!!!"

• Triszin likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

A beheaded Iron Warrior is a GREAT base decoration for the Judiciar. The tempormortis looks like a grenade when handheld, as opposed to suspended from a chain; was this intentional?

It looks like it is a grenade, the Ymiria class stasis bomb from the Deathsworn kit to be precise.
  • Triszin likes this
gallery_48988_6285_4875.png48883368726_f5c6f646e5_t.jpg
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP
http://www.bolterand...e-space-wolves/

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

"OI!!!! Iron Priest!!! Our barrels are fused shut!!!!"

Fine.

Going forward I will drill em out

It looks like it is a grenade, the Ymiria class stasis bomb from the Deathsworn kit to be precise.

Yep. Ymira stasis grenades
banana

DanPesci

DanPesci

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,222 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Mechanicus

That Judicar looks proper MEAN. Love it (as bryan siad though id look at closing the hand more round the axe)

The stasis grenade vs the hourglass on a chain is a ton better though.

• Triszin likes this
Posted Image

30Geek - Freelance web development & Digital Design

DVNE - Post-Metal straight out of the eye of terror.

GrFlur

GrFlur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

Just watching some random videos in youtube and I found this...

https://www.youtube....h?v=yywGI1H_oyM

In wich inmediatly I was expecting your boys and toys to show up sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif

(I hope it serves to give you more painting ideas and stuff rolleyesclean.gif )

• Triszin likes this

Howl to the Moon, you won't regret it. 

24.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifgallery_53969_15812_4038.gifgallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_15465_18311.png

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

test wolf guard PA with jump build

combi melta/storm sheild

SlJEb6Q.jpg

cVPMlLU.jpg

zvY0xvG.jpg

• svane jotunsbane, Kassill, Bryan Blaire and 2 others like this
banana

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
The combi Melta is an inspired design.
  • Triszin likes this
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

The combi Melta is an inspired design.

I finally found a use for reiver grapple lanchers

banana

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,237 posts
The Wolf Guard member is well-posed. After painting it, may I suggest adding little fireballs on the shield, so it looks like he's shielding himself from indirect fire?
  • Triszin likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

wip on wg 5 of 7 mostly built.

still need to make the pack leader with the magnetized power fist/axe, and the 5th combi melta brother

all of the jump packs are magnetized so I can put normal PA packs on

bVqE2KY.jpg

eJXuHzl.jpg

5h0te3c.jpg

• svane jotunsbane, Kassill, Konnavaer and 1 other like this
banana

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

combi meltas!!

using the reiver grapples!

a1m8ShP.jpg

by1A1II.jpg

IOiqDVu.jpg

pZsb43E.jpg

n7H9jnc.jpg

I still need to do some gap filling on them, but fast and easy

Edited by Triszin, 12 October 2020 - 06:42 PM.

• svane jotunsbane, TiguriusX, Kassill and 5 others like this
banana

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,116 posts

Those combi's look really rad!! 

• Triszin likes this
Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
I just had a thought on the combi meltas. Did you try switching the nozzle/barrel arrangement? I envision the canister at the back as the fuel for the Melta so putting the Melta nozzle on top gives it a direct line. It also means the bullets from the mag are more aligned with the bolter barrel on bottom.
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

I just had a thought on the combi meltas. Did you try switching the nozzle/barrel arrangement? I envision the canister at the back as the fuel for the Melta so putting the Melta nozzle on top gives it a direct line. It also means the bullets from the mag are more aligned with the bolter barrel on bottom.

i tried it but didnt like it, it made the gun way to top heavy.

and with the melta barrel underslung, it reminds me of a underslung grenade launcher

my wolf guard pack leader

el smasho

BU8aJDH.jpgYSZLTOJ.jpg

• PeteySödes, svane jotunsbane, TiguriusX and 5 others like this
banana

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,765 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

I love that punch windup 

• Triszin and Kassill like this

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts

and with the melta barrel underslung, it reminds me of a underslung grenade launcher

Thanks, makes sense.
  • Triszin likes this
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,237 posts
Your Wolfguard Pack Leader is well-posed.
  • Triszin likes this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

Thanks, makes sense.

I will model one up so you can see it, maybe you'll like that setup more.

Your Wolfguard Pack Leader is well-posed.

thanks bjorn! He's ragnar afterall!!!

I love that punch windup 

He's about to detroit smash someone

• Kassill likes this
banana

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,237 posts

I love that punch windup

He's about to detroit smash someone
More likely, deliver a Serious Punch.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 14 October 2020 - 01:13 AM.

• Triszin and NightHowler like this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

now thats a punch :D

-----wip on blade guard

zT4CH60.jpg

5IGvXvn.jpg

QiWoad2.jpg

wip on this helmet for my primaris wolf priest

modeled after this

VIRKkBV.jpg

5p7EN8H.jpg?1

NZlk8aj.jpg?1

rL5VUGC.jpg?1

• svane jotunsbane likes this
banana

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 13,237 posts
Good job sculpting the Bladeguard member's bear shirt.
  • Triszin likes this

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

Thanks, makes sense.

here you go

E5gFgnG.jpg?2

Good job sculpting the Bladeguard member's bear shirt.

:)

its what I was aiming for!

• TiguriusX and HvitrValdyr like this
banana

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 379 posts
Thanks! I think that configuration changes the emphasis of the weapon. Looks like a meltagun with a bolter as a secondary weapon. The other way is more akin to what you mentioned earlier, bolter seems like the main weapon with the Melta underslung as a secondary, like a grenade launcher.
I appreciate the comparison.

Blade guard looks fantastic.
  • Triszin likes this
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users