Triszin's Wolvie's - desolators, thunder wolves, rune priest hooty

Triszin

Beautiful work.

Thanks Bjorn!

Brutal, loving it!

Thanks, I've been slowly upping my base game. :D

The energy effect on that makes my eyes hurt in a really great way and the damage is just perfectly executed. Makes me want a Warhammer animation in your style my bother!

Petey!!

Thanks for the kind words. Painting the volkite took a bit. I wish I had my air brush setup, as I've seen people use the neon paints to paint a better effect in a few minutes. I think I had to do like 8 thin layers of white/pink to build up to this point via brush

Brilliant!

thanks!

quick updato

UwMj31D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Upderedeo

ZkkO76z.jpeg

I know the weapon glow must have taken an age, but boy was it worth it, it does hurt your eyes to look at it, it's great work. And the knot work on the carapace is amazing, I have to remind myself it is just millimetres thick.

thanks, Ive been practicing a bit at it. I find if I draw the knot pattern in pencil a few times, then break it down to a dot matrix I can paint it easy

Re: the better with an airbrush bit I’m not sure I agree actually my dude. I think your effect is incredibly legit, it distinctly and specifically does NOT look airbrushed which in my mind is extra points.

Thanks for the kind words petey.

I haven’t commented on here n a while, but man I have to agree with Petey on this. I prefer the effect you got with your style over what you could do with an airbrush. Stunning work. Exceptional style. Love it.

Thanks, When I do finish setting up my airbrush stuff (years from now), I think I'll just have to paint a different army with them. I cant mess with my wolf style XD

Triszin, that Deredo is fantastic!  I love the posing and it looks great with the damage to the TS and Rhino!  I love the energy effect, but I was thinking re: the damage - what if you glossed it, made it look more like the extreme heat had started making any silica in the soil into glass?  There’s a couple of small clean up possibilities around the missiles, but the launcher looks great, and very nice lens effect.  The runes and knot work are fantastic and work great with your graphic styling!

Triszin, that Deredo is fantastic!  I love the posing and it looks great with the damage to the TS and Rhino!  I love the energy effect, but I was thinking re: the damage - what if you glossed it, made it look more like the extreme heat had started making any silica in the soil into glass?  There’s a couple of small clean up possibilities around the missiles, but the launcher looks great, and very nice lens effect.  The runes and knot work are fantastic and work great with your graphic styling!

thanks!

That is an intersting Idea, I have Clear Crackle paint. I'll experiment mixing some templar black contrast in it and seeing how it dries. That might be able to achieve a "glassed" look with minimal effort.

Ya, lots to tidy up on the missile pod face. Im finishing up the grey on it now, then tidy up, then I have to decide if I want any designs on it.

Then I have to finish painting the arms.

all in all, im really liking this model so far.

• 2 months later...

absolutely gorgeous man

Thank you Tigurius!

Stunning. Worthy of epic sagas.

Thank you, Tried to do a small saga on his battle plate :/

Stunning work as ever!  One thing though the Dred looks really skinny around the crotch area (thats the model, not a reflection on your work), maybe a pelt or chains or some trophies?

Thank you, I never did like banners and the such as tabards, but your point is noted, and my future dreads will have a beefed up waist

Excellent work brother. Those coils look so good! 

Thank you

That is a truly epic paintjob, base, and freehand.

Well done!

Thanks!

I love your work Triszin. Always a glorious spectacle to behold.

Thank you!

-----------------

And with a Strong Right Hand.

Jotun Terminator squads pack leader struck

gnbTfSw.jpeg

WzaiYvr.jpeg

rc4RFjE.jpeg

SBjcymO.jpeg

I applaud your efforts on the Assault Terminator and his victim; hope to see the completed model (painted, decals applied, weathered, with a decorated base) soon.

needs an "oooof" sound effect!

I think a "Snikt!" is more appropriate. The filthy traitor didn't live long enough to say, "Oooof!" anyways.

needs an "oooof" sound effect!  Very nice work.

I think I have to paint it so it looks like the P-fist energy discharge flared, to emphasize the impact

needs an "oooof" sound effect!  Very nice work.

That doesn't quite convey the amount of gurgling i think this type of lung savagery would entail. :biggrin.:

Well done dude!

Thanks Petey!

I imagine it would sound like a water melon in a soda can being crushed

I applaud your efforts on the Assault Terminator and his victim; hope to see the completed model (painted, decals applied, weathered, with a decorated base) soon.

needs an "oooof" sound effect!

I think a "Snikt!" is more appropriate. The filthy traitor didn't live long enough to say, "Oooof!" anyways.

He wont be painted any time soon. I have squad Jotun! to build!

Squad Joton Updato

lmNspwh.jpeg

2nSoKhd.jpeg'59kRgeA.jpeg

ADiSrLh.jpeg

to be named.

Cyclone Icarus Pattern terminator with Storm bolter and power axe

- still need to put the Power axe on him

The ancient One

- my "re-imagined" version of the ancient Terminator exo armor from rogue trader. (not the saturnine pattern, the other one )

-- Power fist and integrated storm bolter

Edited by Triszin