Triszin's Wolvie's - desolators, thunder wolves, rune priest hooty

Triszin

I like the beefiness of the Judicar, Triszin, but I feel like you need to use a closed hand around the axe haft - right now it looks like he's leaving the axe balanced and just keeping his hand there as an "in case" - there isn't really an implied motion otherwise that I can see that would help tell the story of what he's doing with the axe. I love your freehand knotwork, that's beautifully cool, and I'm just straight up stealing the stasis grenade as the temporal equipment for a Judicar.

I'll do some sculpting to beef up the end of the handle so it looks appropriate!

thanks for pointing it out.

-------

so atm, I have to ride a real fine balance with him painting wise

his armor needs to be black.

Abaddon, corax, highlight with  corax50/50skavenblight dinge

the knotwork

is a base of skaven blight, and I think I can go up to storm vermin, and MAYBE a 50/50 dawnstone if I push it on the extremes

I just need to be careful when I do the layer so it doesnt blend together

Edited by Triszin

A beheaded Iron Warrior is a GREAT base decoration for the Judiciar. The tempormortis looks like a grenade when handheld, as opposed to suspended from a chain; was this intentional?

It looks like it is a grenade, the Ymiria class stasis bomb from the Deathsworn kit to be precise.

"OI!!!! Iron Priest!!! Our barrels are fused shut!!!!"

Fine.

Going forward I will drill em out

A beheaded Iron Warrior is a GREAT base decoration for the Judiciar. The tempormortis looks like a grenade when handheld, as opposed to suspended from a chain; was this intentional?

It looks like it is a grenade, the Ymiria class stasis bomb from the Deathsworn kit to be precise.

Yep. Ymira stasis grenades

I just had a thought on the combi meltas. Did you try switching the nozzle/barrel arrangement? I envision the canister at the back as the fuel for the Melta so putting the Melta nozzle on top gives it a direct line. It also means the bullets from the mag are more aligned with the bolter barrel on bottom.

I just had a thought on the combi meltas. Did you try switching the nozzle/barrel arrangement? I envision the canister at the back as the fuel for the Melta so putting the Melta nozzle on top gives it a direct line. It also means the bullets from the mag are more aligned with the bolter barrel on bottom.

i tried it but didnt like it, it made the gun way to top heavy.

and with the melta barrel underslung, it reminds me of a underslung grenade launcher

my wolf guard pack leader

el smasho

BU8aJDH.jpgYSZLTOJ.jpg

and with the melta barrel underslung, it reminds me of a underslung grenade launcher

Thanks, makes sense.

Thanks, makes sense.

I will model one up so you can see it, maybe you'll like that setup more.

Your Wolfguard Pack Leader is well-posed.

thanks bjorn! He's ragnar afterall!!!

I love that punch windup 

He's about to detroit smash someone

Thanks, makes sense.

here you go

E5gFgnG.jpg?2

Good job sculpting the Bladeguard member's bear shirt.

:)

its what I was aiming for!

Thanks! I think that configuration changes the emphasis of the weapon. Looks like a meltagun with a bolter as a secondary weapon. The other way is more akin to what you mentioned earlier, bolter seems like the main weapon with the Melta underslung as a secondary, like a grenade launcher.

I appreciate the comparison.

Blade guard looks fantastic.