Triszin's Wolvie's - desolators, thunder wolves, rune priest hooty

Triszin

"The Ancient One" is wearing Dreadnought feet, he beat-up an actual dreadnought and stole his feet!

he beat up a baby dreadnaught, a centurion!

small updato

still have to add a plate to the waist. but ancient termi is turning out cool

L1opJQW.jpeg

9Tyt56h.jpeg

oCLRPzp.jpeg

QbIguzP.jpeg

woeU5Yj.jpeg

• 1 month later...

The Terminator/Centurion hybrid looks most promising. I appreciate your efforts in giving the suit more human proportions, instead if the "deformed dwarf with arms growing out his ears" and "fat baby" models we got from Games Workshop.

thanks, ive been trying to make it look proportional, and not a hunch back.

--------

went back to my old infiltrators ive been thinking on and have been updating them, with some things ive learned with my hounds of morkai.

- added the leather greaves, and strapping

- added some "false capes" more like mini standard cloaks

- added some fur to the wolf priest trainee and some leather strapping to his right pauldron.

18eTgZX.jpeg

vMkwZLf.jpeg

ffndSWB.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That turned out really well. All paint on the claws or some other special technique?

the claws recipe is

1. sotek green

-(base)

2. hoeth blue

- Dry brush

3. lothern blue

- dry brush

4. bahhroth blue

- dry brush

5. distress crackle paint clear

- cover the whole area you want to have a Ice effect, wait for it to dry.

- once dry it creates the ice texture

6. coeila green shade wash

- we are aiming to get the green shade into the cracks of the textured ice

7. bahhroth and ulthan mix

- dry brush

8. ulthan

- dry brush

9. white scar

- dry brush the extremes

------

my aim was to get a green sea ice shade/color to the helfrost claws.

Edited by Triszin

The claw frost/ice effect is awesome, Triszin!  The knot work and hand painted runes on the claw are also superb - this guy is really shaping up beautifully.  

That dred is beautiful, your knot work always amazes me and you've got the pose spot on for me.

Beautiful work on the leviathan! Your freehand is truly inspiring

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

-----------

Orn the Red is done. * If I feel like it I may go back and touch up a few tiny things. :/

2GipLtc.jpeg

kk5zked.jpeg

1qBOesH.jpeg

kWFtgKH.jpeg

6ivvusV.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing work! The frost claw, the freehand, color choices all are incredible.

The base, though, actually really stands out positively to me. What was your technique for the little river, and where did you source your flock/mountain wildflowers from?

Edited by QuarterPounder

Brilliant

Thanks

Amazing work! The frost claw, the freehand, color choices all are incredible.

The base, though, actually really stands out positively to me. What was your technique for the little river, and where did you source your flock/mountain wildflowers from?

Thanks.

Base: some terrain rubble glued, then gw basing effects, dirt brown, dirt grey (not the names I know).

The stream I painted muddy blue and did blue hue dry brushing.

I think dry brushed the all the ground in 2 colors of light brown, even the water area lightly.

Then I used ak interactive water effects on it, 2 layers.

Then I did the ice effect crackle.

Dry brushed the ice with a blue and a white.

Then I used my grass and flowers, from a local company near me. (Website is hugeminis.com)

Once those were on, I then used gw snow effect and worked it into the grass, on the flowers then everywhere else

• 4 months later...

Damn that Kratos is a beast of a kit.  Now I'm seeing a wolfed up chain at the front and wolf pelt/shield hanging off the back of turret, so me thinks it's all going to be about the paint job on this one?

Ulrik is looking nice, I got the kit just before Primaris came out and he's too small for me to want to paint up now, but your Ulrik has made me think could I make one that has the more charging into battle look but don't want him to just look like Haldor Icepelt.  I think an evening of hacking is required!

10 hours ago, sbarnby71 said:

Damn that Kratos is a beast of a kit.  Now I'm seeing a wolfed up chain at the front and wolf pelt/shield hanging off the back of turret, so me thinks it's all going to be about the paint job on this one?

Ulrik is looking nice, I got the kit just before Primaris came out and he's too small for me to want to paint up now, but your Ulrik has made me think could I make one that has the more charging into battle look but don't want him to just look like Haldor Icepelt.  I think an evening of hacking is required!

Yep. Kratos is mainly about the paint job :D

I'm trying to not add "too much" wolf stuff. Just a few anti pysker totems, then the pass job.

I will have more to do on ulrik, but really liking it so far.

On you assault conversion idea, remember that you'll need to convert the hand off his melee weapon. But you knock stuff out the park, so when you get around to it, I'm sure it's good to be great

Edited by Triszin