Triszin's Wolvie's - desolators, thunder wolves, rune priest hooty

Triszin

I just love your unique painting style, every time I see it, it has a therapeutic effect on me.  I imagine it's very organic while you're doing it.

The Bladeguard look very cool, the chainswords and wolf helms are really fitting.

I think the terminators with Gravis legs are hard to pull off.  The long Gravis midriff plus the tall terminator top make for a very long torso.  I'd love to see one finished and get some ideas though, as I really want a unit!

EDIT: This one turned out well: https://scontent.fmel5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/112891247_10163957379355451_4773107020489686074_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=_ho7Rje2ndAAX_4sLb2&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel5-1.fna&oh=6c8af738383664f165852f4afc0caf1d&oe=5F3CF219

Edited by Chazzmos

The Bladeguard look really good, and that Ulrik is the same - it looks like you did a nice knotwork on his Wolf helm?

There's also some cunning fiend lurking in the background with what appears to be an Aggressor's Pack and ammo feed belt, with an auto-bolt rifle who needs to step into the light for a better looksee... :devil:

oh that... oh... see below XD

That Ulrik is jaw droppingly beautiful 

Thanks! I have 1 more little bit to paint on him, then some proper images

You have a very interesting style of painting. I like it a lot. Its like a mix between Blanchitsu and Cell Shading. Where you maximize the art theory but blunt the technique which creates a really vibrant scheme. At first the blue fur threw me off but as I scrolled down and caught a quick view of the whole model I realize how the scheme intentional or not creates a contrast that makes the model in whole or parts of it pop out in a why that's really cool. I was just telling myself today I am totally over metallics and I'm about to jump on the total NMM path.

Edit: I know this is a really nerdy take on your scheme lol. I've recently been doing a lot of oil shading and realistic weathering. Its freaking tedious and you style just looks fun

NMM can be a pain, I never try to do smoth transitions, so I'd say get 5-7 paints that are almost what you need then play around.

Ya, I try to balance the colors on my stuff so nothing really stands out to much. I tried red for my power/ice weapons years ago and it just made the model meh, so then I balanced it with blue fur. Now I find blue fur with blue weapons work great, especially when I have a knee pad/shoulder pad red.

Yeah, it's a very unique painting style, but he makes it work.  

Thanks

Wow! Those are simply beautiful models. Fantastic work!!

Thanks

I just love your unique painting style, every time I see it, it has a therapeutic effect on me.  I imagine it's very organic while you're doing it.

The Bladeguard look very cool, the chainswords and wolf helms are really fitting.

I think the terminators with Gravis legs are hard to pull off.  The long Gravis midriff plus the tall terminator top make for a very long torso.  I'd love to see one finished and get some ideas though, as I really want a unit!

EDIT: This one turned out well: https://scontent.fmel5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/112891247_10163957379355451_4773107020489686074_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=_ho7Rje2ndAAX_4sLb2&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel5-1.fna&oh=6c8af738383664f165852f4afc0caf1d&oe=5F3CF219

I've done a little more work on my terminators, I'll post an update on them soon.

But ya, im trying to make em work, before I add feral bits

update on my count as blade guard

waiting on my 3rd frost sword to show up to put on him

I2CkeFR.jpg

o1vzreL.jpg

Brian

He's still not done, but it was a fun exercise

czHwRQN.jpg

QZ6CeIl.jpg

uZTpJL7.jpg

Edited by Triszin

• 2 weeks later...

some minor updates

cause the eta on my old wolf upgrade kit is between 4-13 weeks...

My blade guard now gets THEE frostfang from ragnar.

my ragnar is for a conversion anyways :D

Count as

Bladeguard, Judicar, and wip on my termi's

6N5VmGJ.jpeg

tK10jOK.jpeg

Z1SGzu5.jpeg

fcGajnf.jpeg

rQjEkDn.jpeg

BUDYWM8.jpeg

Hah if i make the jump, Gravis terminator heads are 100% getting stolen FYI. Nice work brother!

I've been liking the look of gravis heads on normal intercessors. So termi heads on gravis!

Hah if i make the jump, Gravis terminator heads are 100% getting stolen FYI. Nice work brother!

I've been liking the look of gravis heads on normal intercessors. So termi heads on gravis!
Dang it you guys, stop giving me ideas!!!

The Bladeguard look awesome, Triszin! Are the Gravinators Aggressors or Terminators? They look good either way, just wondering.

As always I love the painting style, I feel like its not terribly often in this hobby that i can identify an artists work purely based on that which rules. Whats the boat named after?

was supposed to be Ægir  but I added an extra R

Ægir (anglicised as Aegir; Old Norse: "sea") is the divine personification of the sea in Norse mythology. Portrayed as a jötunn, Ægir is also a frequent host of the gods.

I really need to finish my Storm fang, as that ends up in my theoretical lists more than the stormwolf

also, thank you for the kind words.

I started this painting my wolves like this years ago, so I am obligated to continue it with my wolves :D

Edited by Triszin

Giggling intesifies

Scale shot of the termis... and my DREADS

m0DJLpC.jpeg

geELtJX.jpeg

Terminators WIP

D5C57Ad.jpeg

QZ7NAaX.jpeg

GILooXd.jpeg

OnC4XRK.jpeg

8yNmgbt.jpeg

8iNzcVN.jpeg

MurderFang V2, on a appropriate sized Base, But bigger, incase we get a melee dread in the future (I just gotta blob his base on a larger base)

and!

His arms can come off, so I can swap in and out his arms, maybe even use him as a invictor ( his legs be Invictor! )

D4jEAvF.jpeg

9hMIfU6.jpeg

1E4VgQA.jpeg

v3m6Zxn.jpeg

a quick tutorial on my fur, as request by Wolf Guard Einar many moons ago

Tools:

1x tweezers

1x spade shaped dental tool.

- I couldnt find my normal cheapo dental pick one, but I use the one in the picture below instead.

ByUEQJt.jpeg

T2Rdx1N.jpeg

so basics.

1. Always start from the top and work your way down.

2. Its simple!

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

\/\/\/\/\/\/

3. Make 1 row

cF8SHFO.jpeg

Now we make the next iterative rows.

* NOTICE

- I am starting the next row and the bottom of each triangle.

Row 1: \/\/

Row 2:  \/

XQNIerm.jpeg

geamwmC.jpeg

so for my Fur capes!

1. Make the "base layer" skinny, and roughly the shape you want.

2. This layer needs to set and harden, as we will be sculpting the fur on top of it, think of it like the hide.

c7QsdJK.jpeg

3. Cover the hide after it has dried with a new layer of putty

rWaec63.jpeg

4. now starting from whereever you deem the " TOP" of hte cloak

glavh1F.jpeg

5. TWEEZER TIME!

SRzDjcl.jpeg

6. We are going to use the tweezers to " Pinch " the bottom of the fur and pull it away, removing the excess and also finishing the fur.

- Tweezers are used for finising off the edges/bottom of the fur.

Z3MHyS8.jpeg

7. Now repeat until done.

am229HE.jpeg

Edited by Triszin