Triszin's Wolvie's - desolators, thunder wolves, rune priest hooty

Triszin

holy crap man....those look like comic books come to life

awesome work

I should, after my new V2 army and painted guys are done do some terrain/ a terrain  board to go with the style.

Truly amazing! Your style is incredible.

thanks!

update!

added the triskelions to the shields

added the VI mark on the knee pads

jKYKtBO.jpeg

so next is all the grey needs to be painted.

then the NMM gold.

then a few more lights/visors

Edited by Triszin

The gravi-nators look gerat, my only critiques, is that the weapons all being te same colour as the armour (storm bolters, hammer), it all kind of blends into one. They might benefit from a little spot colour to help them stand out a bit.

Its a bit more notice-able in the picture with the wulfen. 

Edited by Dantay VI

The gravi-nators look gerat, my only critiques, is that the weapons all being te same colour as the armour (storm bolters, hammer), it all kind of blends into one. They might benefit from a little spot colour to help them stand out a bit.

Its a bit more notice-able in the picture with Ulrik. 

valid point and something I was thinking about.

I might try some Blue knotwork on them to see if it helps. (same blue knotwork on the chest style)

These guys have (and all the rest have always had) the greatest "graphic novel" aesthetic, it's just so different and great makes for a great presence, and it's just enhanced by seeing them in a group.

thanks!

Its not on purpose, its just the way I initially started to paint them, and thus I must continue!

my newer stuff looks WAAY better than my older stuff. so Im getting faster and better!

Edited by Triszin

• 2 weeks later...
I like the beefiness of the Judicar, Triszin, but I feel like you need to use a closed hand around the axe haft - right now it looks like he's leaving the axe balanced and just keeping his hand there as an "in case" - there isn't really an implied motion otherwise that I can see that would help tell the story of what he's doing with the axe. I love your freehand knotwork, that's beautifully cool, and I'm just straight up stealing the stasis grenade as the temporal equipment for a Judicar.