Sisters of Battle Falling to Chaos?

Semnos

What would you prefer? Nurgle Sisters or Slaaneshi Sisters?

XD

I don't know though, if I were to do it myself I'd have to go for Slaaneshi sisters as Nurgle is the other option for me, although I'd probably just paint/model them like the rest of the Slanneshi part of my army, which is just EC.

Slaaneshi if given the choice!

And if a Sister fall to any specific Chaos God, it'd be Khorne or Nurgle.

Nah, but really Chaos Sisters are something like female Space Marines or Chaos Orks. You can bend fluff here and there to make it happen. It's still unlikely.

I just thought I'd drop by and say this:

Space Marines have fallen before and they are some of the toughest and most faithful out there.

Sisters of Battle are faithful, but they are human whereas marines aren't. If something super-human can fall to chaos then I am a 100 percent positive nuns with guns can too.

Grey Knights are the only ones who are 100 percent incorruptable. Their gene-seed is from the Emperor himself.

Space Marines have fallen before and they are some of the toughest and most faithful out there.

Sisters of Battle are faithful, but they are human whereas marines aren't. If something super-human can fall to chaos then I am a 100 percent positive nuns with guns can too.

Grey Knights are the only ones who are 100 percent incorruptable. Their gene-seed is from the Emperor himself.

Can Gray Knights use faith in the Emperor as a weapon? do they regular have Martyrs? I think it clear who has the power of faith here.

Nah, but really Chaos Sisters are something like female Space Marines or Chaos Orks. You can bend fluff here and there to make it happen. It's still unlikely.
Careful what you say or I'll pull out my old codex entry for Storm Boyz of Khorne.

Chaos orks are far, far, more likely that chaotic sisters.

Can Gray Knights use faith in the Emperor as a weapon? do they regular have Martyrs? I think it clear who has the power of faith here.

Can a single squad of Sisters destroy a Greater Daemon. Grey Knights are the holiest warriors out there. Minor daemons around the Grey Knights are almost instantly banished and even for some of the Greater Daemons to be around Grey Knight armor is to be nothing but pain to them. A single squad of Grey Knights can crush a daemonic legion with ease. Sisters of Battle aren't that great when you think about it...

Now, if I was a chaos god, who would I rather have: An angry vegetable that no-one is going to trust anyway, or the morale victory of turning some of the purest the Emperor has to offer?

If you are going to have turned Sisters, they will need strong incentive, persuasion and deception.

I've seen some good Khorne sisters fluff, and for the more mature-themed army, the Slaanesh, but I haven't seen a Tzeentch one yet; turming the purest against their own would be soooo satisfying for Old Beaky!

Go for it, good luck, and be prepared for a bit of flak!

Can a single squad of Sisters destroy a Greater Daemon. Grey Knights are the holiest warriors out there. Minor daemons around the Grey Knights are almost instantly banished and even for some of the Greater Daemons to be around Grey Knight armor is to be nothing but pain to them. A single squad of Grey Knights can crush a daemonic legion with ease. Sisters of Battle aren't that great when you think about it...

http://www.daimyo-shi.net/heresystamp.png

Sisters are wonderfularmy that requires skill to use, you must be more pro-active with sister, you can't wait for thing to happen like you can wih Gray Knights. And it is possible fro a squad to take out a greater demon. The Emperor clearly favours the sisters more.

Careful what you say or I'll pull out my old codex entry for Storm Boyz of Khorne.

Old fluff. In current one orks do not need Chaos gods. They don't need pleasure, they don't need knowledge, they don't need immortality and they're capable fighters without Khorne. Oh, and their brains cannot comprehend Chaos.

And to that list (female SM, Chaos orks and Chaos Sisters) I'd add Imperial Eldar.

This thread is starting to get off topic guys.

You only think it off topic because you are lossing.

To OP: Your army do want, it has been really rare, expect some flak over it take it good naturally and you should have few real problems. If anyone says they won't play you because of it, well the are Members of the High Order of :cussdom and are not worth playing anyway.

For those arguing that a Sister's impressive acts of faith shield them from chaos, consider the Word Bearers. Some of the most faithful marines and yet they fell to Chaos easily.

I'm not saying that Chaos sisters are running around by the truckload, but this is a big galaxy with plenty of possibilities. Its not entirely unreasonable and I for one think they would make great Khorne worshippers. (Its that time of the month....ALL THE TIME!)

I say go for it, sounds neat, and don't mind the rage. People get fussy about the silliest of things sometimes <_<

(Also, the Grey Knights are HINTED at having the Emperor provide their gene-seed, but this is not confirmed.)

Its not entirely unreasonable and I for one think they would make great Khorne worshippers. (Its that time of the month....ALL THE TIME!)

OMG.... I was drinking a Coke as I read that. Thank you, Kaelgrim. Thank you. It has been nostrally projected onto my keyboard and desk.

What the fluff nazis and fanboys do not realise, is that GW deliberately inserts ambiguities into the fluff. For instance, no Grey Knight is recorded as having fallen to Chaos, no sister is recorded as having fallen to Chaos. In a galaxy where the Inquisition destroys records with admirable abandon, this does not really mean much. This is done so as not to stifle creativity. Besides, think about it guys. Someone wants to create a new conversion or maybe rules project, who the hell are you to dump all over it and tell him he can't because you can't bear to see you oh-so-holy Sisters of Battle wearing the chaos star on their shoulders. Grow up guys.

Old fluff. In current one orks do not need Chaos gods.
Actually. I think it was Late third, maybe early fourth that they did a whole chapter approved bit on Chaos Orks and showcased a Nurgle Ork horde. Imagine toughness five Orks. Freaky eh?

Fortunately the whole thing was marked 'Opponents Permission' and didn't leave much of an impression on the community.

There have been references to Imperial Half-Eldar. but I'll agree that they're archaic.

What the fluff nazis and fanboys do not realise, is that GW deliberately inserts ambiguities into the fluff. For instance, no Grey Knight is recorded as having fallen to Chaos, no sister is recorded as having fallen to Chaos. In a galaxy where the Inquisition destroys records with admirable abandon, this does not really mean much. This is done so as not to stifle creativity. Besides, think about it guys. Someone wants to create a new conversion or maybe rules project, who the hell are you to dump all over it and tell him he can't because you can't bear to see you oh-so-holy Sisters of Battle wearing the chaos star on their shoulders. Grow up guys.

Yes, and there are no records of the Black Legion being run by a secret council of Necrons and Eldar either. Some of us just prefer to operate with what we have been told as opposed to what we haven't. :)

I'm just going to take your principle and apply it a little more universally:

What the fluff nazis and fanboys do not realise, is that GW deliberately inserts ambiguities into the fluff. For instance, no Grey Knight Chaos God is recorded as having fallen to Chaos unwittingly been controlled by the Emperor, no sister Chaos Marine is recorded as having fallen to Chaos being a secret servant of the Emperor. In a galaxy where the Inquisition destroys records the Chaos Gods wipe minds and deceive their minions with admirable abandon, this does not really mean much. This is done so as not to stifle creativity. Besides, think about it guys. Someone wants to create a new conversion or maybe rules project, who the hell are you to dump all over it and tell him he can't because you can't bear to see your oh-so-holy evil Sisters of Battle Chaos Marines wearing the chaos star Imperial Aquila on their shoulders. Grow up guys.

What's that? Don't destroy the shared universe and then claim it's fluffy?

*Jumps up and down, stamping his feet* Fluff Nazi! Fluff Nazi! :P

You can start playing this card if you want, but remember if you start messing with things that are not ambiguous, then anything is game. Yes, even your precious Chaos Marines. No, not one, all of them, even their Chaos gods. They're all wrapped round the Emperor's finger, don't you know?

I will laugh so hard if this idea of mine ever appears in a BL book, just to see how quickly the Chaos players try to deploy the "BL isn't canon" line. :lol:

The "consensual reality" of the 40k universe is based on collective community understanding that some things are true, some things are likely to be true, some things may or may not be true, some things are unlikely to be true, and some things are not true - collective suspension of disbelief. Deploying the "fluff anarchist" tactic is not going to work against those who value fluff (I notice you wave "fluff nazi" around so easily ;) ) and is not a substitute for creativity. If anything, Chaos Sisters and Chaos Grey Knights are even less likely in a 40k universe run by fluff anarchists. Why? Because there is no Chaos, at all. I decided I didn't like them, so I refuse to recognise their existence. In fact, none of the 40k universe exists in my perspective. After all, it's up to each person to make their own fluff, isn't it? Why should I believe in some Chaos nonsense? Even if they do exist, they're wrapped round the Emperor's finger and are secretly run by the Necrons. Why? Because I wanted them to. Call me wrong and you're automatically a fluff nazi, right?

Smashing the shared 40k universe to try and fit your ideas in a hole that just doesn't fit them isn't going to work. You'll do it all right, but when you've finished you'll discover that there's no longer a 40k universe for them to fit into. There is a reason the Liber Astartes counsels against smashing the shared universe.

A Sister can fall. It happened once. It can happen again.

Sisters can't fall. One single Sister? Of course, write a good story and it's believable. Whole squads or even whole Order? Nope.

Thinking about.... I'd be awesome to have a traitor Guard regiment or PDF force or some other Chaos non-CSM cultist led by a fallen Sister. Omg! I'm brilliant! I think I know what my second army will be....

Actually one Sister has fallen in Cannon, that not debatable. Further you are really taking this to seriously short of My irrational hate for Ultramarines, I think most people know I approch all arguements with a sense of humour. Telling me to grow up is missing the point.

Archived