[DOW 2] Cyrus...

MattCrawford

So I was playing Dow 2 for the first time...

Cyrus: *dramatically* What did they look like? Check again for atmospheric pressure changes damn it!

Techmarine: Nope, no unusua- OH MY GOD MY SPINE IS OUTSIDE OF MY BODY!

Cyrus: Tyranids! [insert overly-morose speech about death here]

Avitus: Jeeze, you are SUCH a little FOR THE EMPRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Amirite?

Edit: Watch the word use there, Insane Psychopath

I do believe they are trying to portray the different types of Marines.

Cyrus; very cynical and nihilistic because he's a veteran scout and ex-deathwatch member, been there, seen it all, wearing the foppish haircut.

Avitus; Devostator, gung ho marine, nuff said.

Thaddeus; Young marine, newly inducted, full of valour and spirit, wanting to prove himself to the Chapter.

Tarkus; Typical tactical sergeat, veteran warrior of many campaigns, driven by duty.

Well thats how I percieve it anyway, its to sell to peoples different sense of character, its so everyone can have a favourite.

My favourties Tarkus, coz he's a proper Marine, dedicated to his duty no matter what the consequences.

Cyrus; very cynical and nihilistic because he's a veteran scout and ex-deathwatch member, been there, seen it all, wearing the foppish haircut.

While you are spot on there, I have to opine that Cyrus really really is too pessimistic. He deserves a slap for cowardice and sowing dissent. *shaky fist*

I dunno I've always liked cyrus. Avitus is too brash, Tarkus is well loyal, while Thaddeus is youung gun with inexperience for some part (and the lack fo staying alive in the campaign ^_^ ). Cyrus is the guy with the knowledge and somewhat resiliance to get things done. He seems a little like me if you'd call him pessimistic :P

If Cyrus had shared his initial suspicions about the "Shadow across the Warp" with say, Thule then they wouldn't have got in half the trouble they got in. Too much time hanging around with the inquisition and eldar if you ask me. :) Also he has a silly haircut. You're a marine man! Shave it and shout like all the others. ;)

If Cyrus had shared his initial suspicions about the "Shadow across the Warp" with say, Thule then they wouldn't have got in half the trouble they got in. Too much time hanging around with the inquisition and eldar if you ask me. ;) Also he has a silly haircut. You're a marine man! Shave it and shout like all the others. ;)

At least it's not a damn croptop which just about all of them have :) cmon he's being original, give him credit for that :)

I wondered how effective of a gang leader Thaddeus could have been being 9 years old and so overtly optimistic. The player’s character avatar is also guilty of committing hair-esy along with Cyrus.

Cyrus and the Force Commander could be in pop groups. Infact, all the Commander needs is an earing and he could be from 90's boyband Boyzone. :lol: They should have allowed some customisation in that respect. It could have been like the Sims or Tony Hawks Pro Astartes character creation. :lol:

Gotta say Avitus is my favorite, altough I love Jump packs, I think Thaddeus is trying to kill himself in the way he fights! I like Cyrus cinic way to see things, that makes him a very contrast character to the NOTHING TO SAY Force commander, SUICIDAL Assault Marine, RAMBO Avitus, and shut up and do your duty Tarkus.

The way i'm playing the campaign at the moment, Cyrus just has no time to fit into it. While he's setting up to take that shot with his sniper, everything is mashed to pulp around him.

Force Commander; Jump Pack, Powerfist, Uber boltpistol, Armour that gives him stupid amounts of health and armour, health packs.

Thaddeus; Jump packs, powerfist, uber bolt pistol, metla bombs and purity seal that gives him stupid amounts of close combat skill, same with his armour.

Tarkus; Veteran status, powersword, plasma pistol, uber stonky melee boosting armour, tarantula turrets and master crafter grenades.

Avitus; Uber heavy bolter of d00m, armour that gives him a million points of accuracy and immune to knockdown, signum and demo charges.

Close combat blorchyness with the 'Dev's laying the smackdown with covering fire.

No time for Cyrus and shotguns or snipers.

How did I do the campaign...

Force commander: silly-badass armour, T-hammer, iron halo. Goes around bashing thigns at a rate of knots :P

Tarkus: was normally a flamer with med packs. Always held firm

Thaddeus: power sword and pistol. Didn't get much use from him because he refused to fall back when he should

Avitus: Plasma Cannon, pumped his shooty abilities full. His aim stood true

Cyrus: Made him a ninja; boosted his energy and health to max. He'd run around and throw det packs and grenades everywhere and still be cloaked while doing it :)

well Cyrus did spend time with the deathwatch and hes constantly got whiney scouts running around him, makes every person a bit jumpy and paranoid :)

well that and the amount of times hes died because something sneezed in his direction is probably also a reason why hes somewhat emo*

*on primarch difficulty that i still have to finish, god they all die so fast....

While you are spot on there, I have to opine that Cyrus really really is too pessimistic. He deserves a slap for cowardice and sowing dissent. *shaky fist*

Yup, it just saved me from a lengthy reply myself :cuss. Avitus' "hate" for his enemies either infects you whilst playing, or you hate it after a while ;)

Cyrus is a tool. I don't see how he became a marine. He seems more to me like some kid who hangs around the 7-11 with his loser friends writing bad poetry. His haircut is pretty bad as well.

I would rather have a squad of Avitus. I think all the commanders should wear helmets though.

Cyrus is a tool. I don't see how he became a marine. He seems more to me like some kid who hangs around the 7-11 with his loser friends writing bad poetry. His haircut is pretty bad as well.

I would rather have a squad of Avitus. I think all the commanders should wear helmets though.

Haha, yeah: wish we had that option for a helmet or not. I think the force commander would look cooler, were his helmet to be updated with his armour.

Hahaha, sigged.

Captain Juan Juarez Posted Yesterday, 10:02 PM

One day I shall bother to play DOW2 and know what all the fuss is about!

inmagine a local emo reciting poetrry in a cafe with his emo friends whilst wearing overly goofy haircuts and generelly shouting when he wants to make a point...

thats cyrus, except he wears carapace armour and leads a small unit of scouts....who die easily....and alot :P

Archived