[DOW 2] Cyrus...

MattCrawford

Whats wrong with long haired marines all mine have long thick warrior hair and they still kill in the emprahs name, that asside the idea of a pessimist marine dosnt work in my mind they should all be proud (but not tooo proud that causes problems) to serve the emperor

you dont?

random dude: "hmm some livestock are dying here and there"

Cyrus: "OMG THE TYRANIDS ARE COMING!!! WHERE ALL GONNA DIE!!! FLEEEEE!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!"

:)

Um, the Chupacabra doesn't create a Shadow in the Warp...just saying.

i really didn't play cyrus much in my first time through, but this time i've given him a chance and he's been fairly useful. the ability to sneak up on a bunch of orks in a building and blow them up is nice, and when he has a bolter his ability to supress is very useful too, but i prefer him with a sniper rifle so he can sit back and pick things off.

Captain Juan Juarez Posted Yesterday, 10:02 PM

One day I shall bother to play DOW2 and know what all the fuss is about!

inmagine a local emo reciting poetrry in a cafe with his emo friends whilst wearing overly goofy haircuts and generelly shouting when he wants to make a point...

thats cyrus, except he wears carapace armour and leads a small unit of scouts....who die easily....and alot :P

Emo's die just as easily as Scouts.... Emo's Counts As Scouts...? ;)

Hilariously, Cyrus became my primary map-clearer on my second playthrough. Seriously, his ability to remain cloaked indefinitely (if you upgrade far enough) is broken. His and the scout squad's only weakness is the lack of credible tank-busting weaponry (though easily supplemented by drops and demo charges).

Personality-wise, I found Cyrus to be pretty much filling up the 'voice of experience' archetype. He knows that the Tyranids are a menace if left unchecked, and reacts accordingly.

He is such a downer! The marines have this huge victory and Cyrus is off in the corner complaining in his David Caruso voice (the guy from CSI Miami with the red hair- he is very Cyrus-ish) "We may have won this day-but look at all the bolter shells lying around the battlefield, those don't bio-degrade ya know! And Emperor on a stick who the hell is gonna clean up all the paint damage on the foundry! I wish it was raining so no one could see me cry..."

Avitus should have fragged him first chance he got. Or maybe they could have fed him to the dreadnought.

He was pretty useful in the game though but my hate of him left him sidelined so I wouldn't have to hear him and all his witticisms but the thing is he would still talk through the entire game. I started to hear the music on the Price is Right after he would say something. You know the music, its the stuff they play when you lose a game. The Mountainclimber is the best Price is Right game by the way.

Obey the Emperor.

I don't know, I have to sympathize for poor Cyrus...

Has anyone played Dark Crusade from Chaos's point of view and beaten the SM? It coincides with a line Cyrus pulls out - "Those who wish to know who they are should be more careful with their wishes."

If I was in his posistion, I would be pretty moody too.

That said, Avitus is a load of crap. "Oh, I don't give a :) for mankind-" Yeah well die traitor! Or better yet, join me... it is fitting...

Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Haha hair-esy nice, Tarkus rocks, Avitus borders heresy though his easy going is a change compared to most marines, Thaddeus, well meh i don't know he too young and naif and doesn't fit the gang leader type. I know hes changed but come on...

Thaddeus Gang Leader: "Ill crush your skull and rip your guts if you don't give me what you owe me"

Thaddeus Uber-Marine: "Whats a skull?, whats guts?, whats going on? Yay we can win this!!!"

Cyrus was a very easily mocked character for me, he just has no character. However Cyrus is actually an interesting character for what i have seen of his actions he:

Often has a very pessimistic tone but never truely gets angry. He is shown however to be very unrespectful of his superiors, during an arguement between Thaddeus and Avitus Tarkus promtly stoped them however Cyrus comments that they need to not listen to you but only obey out of respect and not of position. This leads me to believe Cyrus also feels somewhat, superior in a sense to his fellow team-mates and is often quick to try and assert the sitution faster than the others and vocally say in a way that makes me feel he is trying to give 'suggestion' orders. Would help if he actually spoke his fears rather than hid them, possible side effect from being in deathwatch?

Thaddeus is the youth who is currently struggling with the life as a space marine, he knows his loyality but yet feels he is slipping away from reality, that he is no longer truely himself and is scared. More than ready to give aid to his comrades and more than easily excited. Truely loyal but needs to find his place.

Avitus meerly hates xenos and all heretics but often does state his own piece to counter others so shows he has grasp of tactical views and I often see him telling off or correcting one of cyrus' views on the enemy during campaign.

Tarkus, veteran sarge who was with thule during the kronus campaign and lost his (I believe) left arm to his forgetfulness to let go of a grenade when he jammed it into a tomb spyder. Shown as serious and quick to establish tactical views. Not much other than his problems with having to deal with Cyrus.

Archived