Index Astartes: Silver Skulls

Codex Grey

Added a custom made symbol at the top, plus a sidebar detailing some of the peculiar fleet based actions of the Skulls. Still not filled the Gene-seed section, but I haven't really gotten any feedback on the rest yet so I'll wait a bit.

Any suggestions for a second sidebar?

The ancient Silver Skulls Chapter is one of the most renowned and honored in existence, and have gained a reputation for victory, no matter the odds. Aloof and mysterious, they are often written off as superstitious, but the Silver Skulls believe that their every move is by order of the Emperor Himself.

I'm not so sure about this bit. Can you be renowned and honoured whilst being written off? Changing it to 'thought of' or something similar would work better.

Origins

Though their excact origins are lost to Imperial archives,

Typo.

and instill fear in both their opponents as well as their allies.

I get the idea behind this, but in practise it doesn't really work. If you consider their enemies: Orks, Necrons, Chaos Marines, Daemons, Tyranids, Dark Eldar and potentially Eldar; you get a list of things much scarier than plated heads and a list of thing thats aren't likely, if at all, to be scared by such a practise. It would only work when they face rebel humans.

Oh and 'instill' is only the one l.

but the Skulls stand adamantly by the sovereignty of the Adeptus Astartes and fight according to a personal code of honor

No issues here, except you've missed the full stop off the end of the sentence.

In their never ending battle for Humanity, the Silver Skulls rely on their Librarians and their ability to interpret the Emperor's Tarot, to determine their next course of action.

You don't really need the second comma.

Homeworld

The Adeptus Astarters rarely involve themselves with the Imperial Church,

Typo.

Combat Doctrine

As dictated by the Varsavian Script, the Silver skulls go to war only when portents demands it.

Needs a capital.

or maybe they discover new clues that points to another area that needs to be examined. And sometimes they are even led to dead ends.

You don't need the and, get rid of it and replace the full stop with a ';'

And they are not afraid of falling back if it is tactically justified,

Same here, except keep the full stop.

Organisation

The Companies are always on the move, probing areas of interest, but the Reserve Companies are often given assignments closer to Varsavia and their worlds of recruiting, while the Battle Companies travel further away.

This sentence is slightly confusing. I suggest this:

The Companies are always on the move, probing areas of interest. The Reserve Companies are often given assignments closer to Varsavia and their worlds of recruiting, while the Battle Companies travel further away.

And Strike Cruiser is two words.

Beliefs

Hrmm, I'm not sure about 'Human Empire' and it's the second time I've seen it used. I don't think human needs a capital.

++++++++++

I like it Grey. Some really good stuff, especially the homeworld section. Keep it up!

Thanks, FM!

I've done some changes according to your suggestions.

Glad you liked the Homeworld, as that is more or less the main thing that I injected into the established info about the Skulls, my personal juistification for their actions.

It follows the familiar 'tragic event that changes the Chapter forever' thing that you often see with DIY's, but I think it's unique enough to stand out.

I must say, I'm getting sick of the word Librarian. I feel I might be overusing it, but it's hard to come up other words. Thoughts on that?

Yeah, I've used that where I thought it would fit, but anything more than that would not. Maybe I'll rewrite lines to use 'Librarium', but as a word it's pretty similar to Librarian...

... So anyways. Last section has been filled, and everything is now complete. All I need is some C&C, or I'll submit this. That's a threat!

Thank you, I know.

To clarify, the issue is that I feel I may be repeating the word Librarian too much, and I don't know If using the word Librarium instead will help, since it sounds similar.

Well unless I say, I don't know you know.. My point was that the words are not that interchangeable - maybe I should just have said so?

Librarium as the plural of Librarians would only work if you mean the whole or at least a greater part of the Librarian pool.

EDIT:Spelling - Must not type whilst thinking about women.

Excellent job, CG, I've always liked the scheme/theme for the Silver Skulls and I think your expansion on little 'official' fluff that there is works very well. (As an aside, I always think it's a brave thing to do to fluff out GW Chapter, when all your hard work could be undone by a handful of words in a WD, so kudos on that too!)

It certainly seems appropriate that they're very reliant on their Librarians, but it does make me wonder what would happen if an SS force lost its Librarian, either in combat or worse, to possession? Perhaps, if you're looking to expand the article any further, it might be good to explore the negative side of their (near-total) reliance on their psykers?

Well unless I say, I don't know you know..

Can't argue with that :) I see what you mean now, though.

Must not type whilst thinking about women.

That never ends well...

Excellent job, CG, I've always liked the scheme/theme for the Silver Skulls and I think your expansion on little 'official' fluff that there is works very well. (As an aside, I always think it's a brave thing to do to fluff out GW Chapter, when all your hard work could be undone by a handful of words in a WD, so kudos on that too!)

Thanks, brother! There is a risk, but I've always wanted to take a shot at an official Chapter to challenge myself. With a normal DIY you 'only' have to stay within the boundaries of the 40k Universe, but with the Skulls, I had to stay within the boundaries of an offical Chapter as well (what little is known about it) while still trying to be as original as possible too. So I really appreciate the pat on the back.

I have a feeling the Silver Skulls are one of the most likely to be expanded upon in future releases, but hey, you got to live in the NAOW!

It certainly seems appropriate that they're very reliant on their Librarians, but it does make me wonder what would happen if an SS force lost its Librarian, either in combat or worse, to possession? Perhaps, if you're looking to expand the article any further, it might be good to explore the negative side of their (near-total) reliance on their psykers?

Some interesting thoughts. Although it would depend on the situation, I think the strike team in question would just return to the Chapter with the bad news if they lost their 'guide'. I see them as far from superstitious, so if they loose their Librarian, they will adapt. It's the Ultramarines discipline. I guess there could be some overly dependent sergeants or even Captains, but that boarders on incompetence, so if such a thing were to happen and the marine in charge failed miserably in the aftermath, there would be some serious penance. Saying 'I lost my Librarian' wouldn't help him much.

If I were to explore the negative sides of this reliance, I would have to kill of a larger number of Libs, maybe even the Chief at a certain point in time. Now that would have consequences. But I'm not sure I want to explore that to honest. Cool thought, though.

Not sure how you're using it.

If you're using it to refer to them in their capacity as psykers: psykers or witches.

If you're using it to refer to them in their capacity as record-keepers: record-keepers, loremasters, archivists.

The history of the Silver Skulls stretches back many millennia, all the way to the dark days of the Horus Heresy aftermath. Though their exact origins are lost to Imperial archives, the Chapter appear in many of the oldest records of Imperial victories, and the Skulls themselves stubbornly claim to be one of the Second Founding Primogenitors of the Ultramarines Legion. Their name and heraldry is inspired by the feral headhunters they recruit from, the rituals of plating their enemies' heads in silver, and display them as trophies and warnings for all who stands against them to see, have been adopted by the Chapter. Outsiders do not understand their motives and question their reclusive nature, but the Skulls stand adamantly by the sovereignty of the Adeptus Astartes and fight according to a personal code of honor

In their never ending battle for Humanity, the Silver Skulls rely on their Librarians and their ability to interpret the Emperor's Tarot to determine their next course of action. They believe that the holy word of the Emperor Himself is channeled from the Immaterium, through their Librarians. Time flows differently in the Warp and with their skills of prognostication, the Skulls can potentially predict the birth of a great threats. On several occasions have the Skulls arrived at the scene of a battle well before others can respond, and when the Skulls commit to a battle, they do so fully, gathering all available elements of the Chapter to ensure victory. So have they done throughout the Age of the Imperium, and as the Time of Ending draws near, the Silver Skulls have doubled their efforts, racing from one edge of the Galaxy to another, fighting in some of the most hard fought conflicts Humanity has ever faced.

Keep up the solid work. Just a few editing tips:

- "[...] all the way back to the dark aftermath of the Horus Heresy."

- Reword/break-up the "Their name and heraldry is inspired by..." The sentence is pretty long and it could easily be two.

- "They believe that the holy word of the Emperor Himself is channeled from the Immaterium, through their Librarians." change to "[...] is sent through the Immaterium and channeled through their Librarians.

I'm not sure I want to explore that to be honest.

Fair enough! :)

It wouldn't need to be a big addition, though. I guess I just feel you need to stress a bit more in the IA that although they use them a lot, they're not incapabale of working without them. I like this:

I guess there could be some overly dependent sergeants or even Captains, but that boarders on incompetence, so if such a thing were to happen and the marine in charge failed miserably in the aftermath, there would be some serious penance. Saying 'I lost my Librarian' wouldn't help him much.

This could perhaps work as a brief sidebar in the Combat Doctrine section? Alternatively, even a sentence or two in that section would just clarify that Librarians, while important and useful, are not the be-all-and-end-all in the Chapter's decision making process.

Edit: Sorry, got cut off earlier. Not actually got anything further to add, but didn't get to put in my usual 'feel free to ignore me completely if it doesn't fit' at the end, and I always worry I'm coming across to people as rude if I don't! <_<

In their never ending battle for Humanity, the Silver Skulls rely on their Librarians and their ability to interpret the Emperor's Tarot to determine their next course of action.

I think "divine" instead of "interpret" would fit better since the Librarians are acting a lot like prophets when using the Tarot.

So have they done throughout the Age of the Imperium, and as the Time of Ending draws near, the Silver Skulls have doubled their efforts, racing from one edge of the Galaxy to another, fighting in some of the most hard fought conflicts Humanity has ever faced.

Here I would give some examples of major battles they were in according to GW, such as the Third War for Armageddon, Charadon Campaign, and the Zeist Campaign. This will reinforce the idea they have been in some tough fighting.

but the Skulls still took it as their home, honoring an oath they made millenia ago.
Of these, Garanda II has become the most popular source during the last millenia

There should be two n's in "millennia."

Most of the time the Chapter is spread widely throughout the Galaxy,

I don't think "Galaxy" should be capitalized.

treating them with a great deal of trust, an uncommon thing amongst other Chapters

I think "thing" should be replaced with "trait", "attribute", "virtue", or another synonym.

and to keep the eyes of suspicioun off their backs, as they continue to fight by on own accord only.

Typo.

A picture of their color scheme would help to break up some the walls of texts.

Octavulg:

If you're using it to refer to them in their capacity as record-keepers: record-keepers, loremasters, archivists.

Hadn't thought about referring to them this way. Might work.

I might be over complicating things, so maybe I should get the answer to this question first: Am I overusing the word Librarian?

@ RagingGriffon & Grand Admiral Thrawn:

Thanks for the corrections and suggestions, I will make the adjustments.

A picture of their color scheme would help to break up some the walls of texts.

Agreed. Very much agreed. I'm trying to 'metalize' the V.9 painter colors in photoshop, but so far it doesn't look good. I'll try some more, but I might ask someone else for some help with that.

@ Strike Captain Lysimachus:

This could perhaps work as a brief sidebar in the Combat Doctrine section? Alternatively, even a sentence or two in that section would just clarify that Librarians, while important and useful, are not the be-all-and-end-all in the Chapter's decision making process.

Well, I've been looking for something to have in a second sidebar, so maybe. If not, I'll try to include a line or two to clarify.

Thanks, Brother-Dudes!

There are two reasons why I am compelled to comment on this IA:

1. Grey, you have been a loyal internet friend, and I think I should help you for all the help you've given me

2. More importantly, the Silver Skulls are the mentors of my Death Heads and need to be fleshed out right :devil: !

and the Skulls themselves stubbornly claim to be one of the Second Founding Primogenitors of the Ultramarines Legion.

The fact that they're stubborn about it makes me feel like you're saying it's debatable. The Silver Skulls don't think they're a Second Founding Ultramarine successor, they are are Second Founding Ultramarine successor.

the rituals of plating their enemies' heads in silver, and display them as trophies

That. Is. Awesome. May I nab it for the DH ;) ?

Outsiders do not understand their motives and question their reclusive nature, but the Skulls stand adamantly by the sovereignty of the Adeptus Astartes and fight according to a personal code of honor

You need a period, or full stop, whatever floats your boat, but it needs to be there.

racing from one edge of the Galaxy to another, fighting in some of the most hard fought conflicts Humanity has ever faced.

If they're tied down to a home world how are they flying across the galaxy? Especially if they're mustering forces for the fights they dedicate themselves to (all the fights they fight)?

as the Varsavians stubbornly adhered to their own religion, the Orthodoxy of Varsavia.

Another contradiction. If the world was the result of the Great Crusade, religion shouldn't exist, they shouldn't have one. They should be destroyed for denying the divinity of the Emperor, not creating their own gods which they were taught did not exist.

the zealots of the Ecclesiarchy demanded that the world should be virus bombed, for Varsavia itself was a disgrace to the Imperium. The Skulls obeyed, and turned their mighty Battle Barge towards the planet, and bombed it to oblivion.

Virus bombs are the key words here. Only Warmaster and Emperor hold the authority to use them, and traditional bombing will always suffice.

They had not turned from the Emperor, far from it, they adhered to the very ideals that He had fought for. They lived in a society free of corruption and superstition, and when faced with the Imperial Creed, they staunchly refused to turn away from what they believed to be the will of the Emperor.

If they had a religion then they were inherently defying the Emperor. You should change that statement like I suggested, simply denying the divinity of the Emperor.

It was decided on that day that the Silver Skulls would never again trust anyone but themselves, and they would only fight for the Emperor directly. This declaration was turned into a manifest called the Varsavian Script, which all members of the Chapter must swear an oath to, if they are to be allowed to join.

You make a point earlier about honoring the oath to take the world as their home:

honoring an oath they made millenia ago.

The points you've made about the Varsavian Script seem to be about the Chapter's independence, nothing about the people who were killed on the world that would infer its dedication to them, or even the world. What makes the Varsavian Script the Varsavian Script and not the Oath of the Silver Skulls?

Here the Silver Skulls made their home, in remembrance of the people who lived there

How is the Fortress Monastery a monument to the people? Perhaps making it out of the ruins of the peoples' cities?

the Chapter chiefly recruits from nearby Feral Worlds.

This is one that may offer some difficulty and debate. Lots of people, myself included, assume that that Chapter was a standing unit within the Legion. I also believe that the Chapters had names before their separation. The "Iron Snakes", "Aurora Chapter", "Sons of Orar", "Black Consuls", "White Consuls", "Silver Skulls" and others. What is the origin of the skull taking culture, is it the feral worlds that they recruit from now? Is it an old tradition in Ultramar? Also, if they're traveling across the galaxy, why aren't they recruiting from worlds across the galaxy?

fighting as small strike teams. These teams can be anything from a few squads to a Company in strength, but are always administrated by the respective Captain and his officers.

This doesn't make sense of the Chapter musters its strength for few fights. This is counter productive to what you said they do. If they muster forces for fights, why are they scattering before them. If the warp is vast, why can't Librarians stay in one place, dictate where they should fight, and move with the Chapter when they're called to battle?

and this need to investigate clues and signs at many different places at the same time is why they operate in numerous smaller teams.

This gives reasons for small teams, but no reason why the entire chapter has to break into task forces.

as they showed against the Orks on Armageddon. The Skulls where defending the docks of Hades Hive, when they where forced to fall back because of the sheer number of Orks. However, the Silver Skulls showed exemplary skill in infiltrating one of the Ork Roks to the south-east of the hive, fighting their way into the core of the fortress and using the Orks' own teleporter arrays to send thermic charges into orbiting Space Hulks previously providing the Orks with a continual stream of troops and warmachines.

Unnecessary.

The Silver Skulls Librarium is larger then the norm, and is arguably the most important part of the Chapter, as every decision made by Commander Argentius is by the council of the Chief Librarian.

The fact that they're a Second Founding Chapter with a larger history should also contribute to their larger Librarium.

Shouldn't Commander be Chapter Master?

"is by" should be edited to be something like "is willed" or "is dictated".

While the Librarium is still an independent part of the Chapter, the Skulls have a special position within each Company Command Squad. Called a Prognosticar, this Marine is a permanently attached Librarian, responsible for advising the Captain about any Company level operations and consulting his superiors in the Librarium if their attention is needed.

This doesn't belong and should have a place in Chapter Organization.

the greatest man ever

Kind of a childish clause, "the greatest man to ever live" should be used instead, not just "the greatest ever", or as the internet would like to modify it "TEH GRATEST EVAR!" :) (hey, humor had to fit in my review somewhere)!

Humanity can not be trusted

Cannot is one word.

the Chaplains ensuring the spiritual purity of the Librarians.

After the Varsavia incident, the Skulls probably have a skewered and bias opinion against the Ecclesiarchy, what role do Chaplains play? Also, shouldn't they distrust, if not outright hate, the Imperial Cult?

The Silver Skulls Apothecaries on the other hand are ever vigilant keepers of the ancient knowledge of this most important aspect of a Chapter's survival.

Just a few edits, bolded for ease:

The Silver Skulls' Apothecaries, on the other hand, are ever vigilant keepers of the ancient knowledge of this most important aspect of a Chapter's survival.

Solid work, Grey

The title is interchangeable. In the Blood Angels for instance Dante is known both by Commander and Chapter Master. It's even Commander Dante in his Codex entry (last time I checked).

The title is interchangeable. In the Blood Angels for instance Dante is known both by Commander and Chapter Master. It's even Commander Dante in his Codex entry (last time I checked).

Commander is also used in different functions with different Chapters.

Example: In the Blood Ravens (Dawn of War 2) and Scythes of the Emperor (Legends of the Space Marines) it is a rank below Captain, in the latter it is also a rank above Lieutenant. In the Red Scorpions it is used to replace the Captain rank altogether and their Chapter Master is known as Lord High Commander.

More importantly, the Silver Skulls are the mentors of my Death Heads and need to be fleshed out right

Yeah, I was wondering when you'd show up. :D

The fact that they're stubborn about it makes me feel like you're saying it's debatable. The Silver Skulls don't think they're a Second Founding Ultramarine successor, they are are Second Founding Ultramarine successor.

It is debatable. The Skulls say they are second founding, but the Imperium don'thave the evidence. To be honest, the way it is written is because of two things:

1. Established fluff gives the impression of it being debatable. One source

outright says they are SF, one says the skulls CLAIM to be, other sources say other things. So it was an attempt to adhere to established fluff.

2. This was also meant to fuel the more mysterious approach I was going for in myearliest draft.

But since that draft is gone, and this goes against their willingness to share info, I will bite the bullet and outright state them being second founding.

If they're tied down to a home world how are they flying across the galaxy? Especially if they're mustering forces for the fights they dedicate themselves to (all the fights they fight)?

'From one edge of the galaxy to another 'might be an overstatement or exaggeration, but it is part of official fluff. Still, they're not tied down.

And they're not mustering forces for every operation, only for every major one (more on that later).

Another contradiction. If the world was the result of the Great Crusade, religion shouldn't exist, they shouldn't have one. They should be destroyed for denying the divinity of the Emperor, not creating their own gods which they were taught did not exist.
If they had a religion then they were inherently defying the Emperor. You should change that statement like I suggested, simply denying the divinity of the Emperor.

Good catch. I had an excuse for why I had written it like that, but why bother since it's wrong anyhow? :P

The points you've made about the Varsavian Script seem to be about the Chapter's independence, nothing about the people who were killed on the world that would infer its dedication to them, or even the world. What makes the Varsavian Script the Varsavian Script and not the Oath of the Silver Skulls?

This kinda goes back to RagingGriffon's comment about the Skull's sense of guilt and it's something I've not expressed well enough. Will make some adjustments.

How is the Fortress Monastery a monument to the people? Perhaps making it out of the ruins of the peoples' cities?

By simply being built on a dead world devoid of life and with no strategic importance. The Skulls didn't have to set up base there, but they did, in remembrance of the people who lived there.

This doesn't make sense of the Chapter musters its strength for few fights. This is counter productive to what you said they do. If they muster forces for fights, why are they scattering before them. If the warp is vast, why can't Librarians stay in one place, dictate where they should fight, and move with the Chapter when they're called to battle?

This ties back to your previous comment. I don't know where you got the impression that they're mustering forces for few fights all the time. And for the second part of this comment: Because that would be too easy and uninteresting.

The small strike team based 'every day' operations is meant to balance out the big Chapter size operations. And these small operations often include fighting, as it's hard to avoid in the dark galaxy, but it is always indirectly tied to their investigations. Only when the Librarium can be certain that their attention is fully required do they start gathering forces. Mustering forces is part of this 'every day' operations, as they recruit from wherever they can.

I also want to give the reader the impression that the Skulls could very well be a fleet based Chapter, having a fleet capacity that is controversially large, making it easier to operate the way they do, but still choose to have keep a homeworld. This is because it fits with the established fluff and with my interpretation.

Varsavia then serves a place to fall back to, should the Chapter need an extended period of time to recover from one of their major operation, before heading out again to search for clues. The Monastery is also the HQ for the Librarium, and serves as a constant reminder that of the incident that happened so many years ago.

This gives reasons for small teams, but no reason why the entire chapter has to break into task forces.

How is it a reason for small teams, but not for task forces?

Small teams = Task Forces.

This is one that may offer some difficulty and debate. Lots of people, myself included, assume that that Chapter was a standing unit within the Legion. I also believe that the Chapters had names before their separation. The "Iron Snakes", "Aurora Chapter", "Sons of Orar", "Black Consuls", "White Consuls", "Silver Skulls" and others. What is the origin of the skull taking culture, is it the feral worlds that they recruit from now? Is it an old tradition in Ultramar? Also, if they're traveling across the galaxy, why aren't they recruiting from worlds across the galaxy?

The way I see it, the Silver Skulls 'Chapter' was named as such because during the Great Crusade and Heresy, they recruited chiefly from this headhunter culture, which has stuck with them ever since. Do I really need to explain this in the article?

And yes, they are recruiting from worlds across the galaxy, It even says so in the first part of the sentence you quoted, in the article.

his doesn't belong and should have a place in Chapter Organization.

While I do agree, I feel it helps spreading the content between sections and keep the flow. Plus it, directly relates to the way the companies fight.

Everything else has been noted and I will make adjustments accordingly.

Thanks for the in depth critique, King.

How is it a reason for small teams, but not for task forces?

Small teams = Task Forces.

The emphasis I meant to put was on the entire Chapter. The Chapter should have several Companies prepared for mustering should the need arise, not the entire Chapter divided into task forces/ small teams scattered across the Galaxy.

Based on your other statements you may want to hint at a larger than average Chapter size, nothing like the Black Templars, but in a comfortable range like the Space Wolves.

The way I see it, the Silver Skulls 'Chapter' was named as such because during the Great Crusade and Heresy, they recruited chiefly from this headhunter culture, which has stuck with them ever since. Do I really need to explain this in the article?

I think it's a viable tidbit of information.

I also want to give the reader the impression that the Skulls could very well be a fleet based Chapter, having a fleet capacity that is controversially large, making it easier to operate the way they do, but still choose to have keep a homeworld. This is because it fits with the established fluff and with my interpretation.

Why not state it outright. They are based in the middle of nowhere on a dead world, they have every reason in the galaxy to have a larger than average fleet.

Thanks for the in depth critique, King.

My pleasure.

Something I might not have caught, but what clues are they looking for, you've made the point of clues multiple times but I didn't catch what they were clues to. May have just been my own late night stupidity though.

You didn't comment on my request to make use of your "plating skulls" for the Death Heads, so, may I pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese *puppy dog eyes* ? :(

The emphasis I meant to put was on the entire Chapter. The Chapter should have several Companies prepared for mustering should the need arise, not the entire Chapter divided into task forces/ small teams scattered across the Galaxy.

I see what you mean, and you're right, it would make sense to always have a few companies ready to mobilize.

Based on your other statements you may want to hint at a larger than average Chapter size, nothing like the Black Templars, but in a comfortable range like the Space Wolves.

Hmmm, I don't know. They might not trust anyone, but I feel overstepping the limit of the number of marines in a Chapter goes too much against the ideals of the Codex, and the Skulls wouldn't want to disrespect the words of their Primarch.

Something I might not have caught, but what clues are they looking for, you've made the point of clues multiple times but I didn't catch what they were clues to. May have just been my own late night stupidity though.

In short, clues to what the Emperor wants them to do. Again, it's me wanting the divining of the Emperor's Tarot to be a more drawn out process, and the visions to not be easy to understand. So a vision might point to a certain point in the galaxy, but the Skulls can't be sure exactly why they are sent there, or what they will find when they get there. So they send out these small teams to investigate.

You didn't comment on my request to make use of your "plating skulls" for the Death Heads, so, may I pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese *puppy dog eyes*

Well of course! :cry: I thought that was a given?

I see what you mean, and you're right, it would make sense to always have a few companies ready to mobilize.

Perhaps that could be part of the duties for the reserve companies, or at least some of them?

Although it might make more sense for it to be one of the battle companies, now I think about it. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I don't know. They might not trust anyone, but I feel overstepping the limit of the number of marines in a Chapter goes too much against the ideals of the Codex, and the Skulls wouldn't want to disrespect the words of their Primarch.

I'm with Grey on this one, I think. It doesn't fit the Skulls quite so well to be a bigger-than-codex chapter, at least to my mind.

Archived