Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= LARGE VEHICLE/MODEL VOTING and DISCUSSION =][=

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: People's Choice Large Model/Vehilce (612 member(s) have cast votes)

Please choose your favorite

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,582 posts
  • Faction: Vultures
YOU MUST VOTE BEFORE YOU CAN SEE THE RESULTS. IF YOU CHOOSE TO SEE THE RESULTS BEFORE YOU VOTE YOUR VOTE WILL BE LOST!!!

Alright folks, there are 41 entries in the Large Model/Vehicle Category

So give each page time to load and you can then vote and discuss your favorites here. Don't worry the judges have their own area for discussing entries and will not be partaking in this thread.
The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

bevulf

bevulf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 761 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
There are many great vehicles here but I have to say that my favourite is entry no 37. It is just stunning.

Edited by bevulf, 01 February 2010 - 11:02 AM.

gallery_46134_15057_19542.jpg

Jim AMM realgenius

Jim AMM realgenius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 558 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
28 is probably the best example of chipped paint I've seen.

Muller

Muller

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts
  • Faction: Harald Deathwolf's Company
33 took my vote, closely followed by 37, 38 and 15 (which I found lacked weathering although freehand was excellent)

"Pain Is Temporary, Glory Lasts Forever"

My Miniature Blog

"Curage And Honour!"

NemFX

NemFX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,437 posts
I voted for #2, with honourable mentions to 14, 15, 22 and 28.

.. Monopoly just wasn't the same after I called down an orbital strike on Baltic Avenue.
.. There is no problem that 42 heavy bolters can't cure.

New Reno or Bust - The Enclave thread

Terranis Holds - The Kreig 68th derivatives thread

Joker

Joker

++ RIDICULUM PAUXILLUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,700 posts
  • Faction: yeah...
Kevin Smith reference not withstanding, 37 is the best.

Joker

gallery_3570_2095_14088.jpg

TECHYMECH

TECHYMECH

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts
  • Faction: Dreadheads
Number 39, for sure.
Quiz; Which would you rather have?

A: Food

or

B: Dreadnoughts

I choose B

Primarch015

Primarch015

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 77 posts
37. reminds me of dv8's work. awesome battle damage/weathering.

arnihs

arnihs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
14/15

The Free Hand work on 14 is great but the lack of conversion, highlights and shading along with very plain turrets & Assault ramp really brought the model down. Then we have #15 with a very cool conversion idea on a simple(too simple) black coat. The Banner an obviously thee Siege shield really won me over but your Highlights (Astronomican Grey?) on all round was to plain; especially considering the amazing banner you have! Wth happen man?

farseerj-l

farseerj-l

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
I think number 18 is cool. Go space wolvfes lol :cry: :( ;) lol nice conversion with the giant wolf pelt!!!!!

the great beaver

the great beaver

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,367 posts
37 is the cleanest paint job by far...

Azural768

Azural768

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
some lovley minatures there guys! Its a shame not everyones got an uber camera though =/

good job! i went for 14.. that ram is just.. MEAN.

Code 187

Code 187

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels 3rd Company
14 edged it for me, for the freehand.
37 came close on sheer qulity of painting.

Honourable mentions to 6, 13, 15, 25, 32.
And the conversion work on 38 is uber :(
QUOTE (Firedrake28 @ Jul 6 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must say my favorite moment was Raven Guard turn 3, where basically the entire army forms a firing squad and guns down Mephiston because it takes an entire army's firepower to take him down. Hilarity.

Night Runner

Night Runner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,210 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
It's very hard to make a decision by studying pics. But I was dangling my vote between 37 and 24.

'Don't take life so seriously; none of us escapes it with our lives. Not even Squeaky here!'
Logan Grimnar - consolling Marneus Calgar after the loss of his pet hamster.

‘Only an idiot would call the mighty Fang an Aett!’, quoted by Night Runner after reading Prospero Burns.

My Blog: TrueMiniWargamer.Com

Dempalax Do Kier

Dempalax Do Kier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 228 posts
I personaly think that #37 entry's faults of paintjob are minimized due to small pics. Freehands are realy nice, but it is not enought close shot to judge it overall. Would like to see them closer once GB is over. In this case I do not include it into my top-3 entries:

1. 16
2. 32
3. 17

honourable mentions: 1, 37, 38.

PS As for me, I've submited 2 entries, still done it with tabletop quality minis I've got nearby, just to support the contest. :tu:

Demoulius

Demoulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,299 posts
  • Faction: Red Dragons
some all round strong engtries but only #14 managed to take my breath away with its amazing free hand work :tu:

My blog: click me! Latest update 20th of December. 6th edition musings.
Blood angel BFG Blog: click me

a particular Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

sml_gallery_64798_13809_5652.jpggallery_48988_15465_4294.png

HuronBH

HuronBH

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts

I personaly think that #37 entry's faults of paintjob are minimized due to small pics. Freehands are realy nice, but it is not enought close shot to judge it overall. Would like to see them closer once GB is over. In this case I do not include it into my top-3 entries:

1. 16
2. 32
3. 17

honourable mentions: 1, 37, 38.

PS As for me, I've submited 2 entries, still done it with tabletop quality minis I've got nearby, just to support the contest. ^_^

I have to agree with you completely on 16 and 17, they are my top 2 in that order. I would probably put 1 after that with honorable mentions going to 33, 37, 32, 38, and 3 in that order as well.

I know that 14 and 15 are wining and will admit 14's freehand is nice, but the rest of the details on the tank are poorly painted. 15 has good free hand on the banner and is converted very nicely, but the rest of the paint job is also sub par. The highlights on the black are terrible.

-jay

Edited by HuronBH, 02 February 2010 - 05:30 PM.

"No coin to dirty, no job to bloody, no one untouchable..." - Motto of Jarok Croe

Autarch-Andrew

Autarch-Andrew

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 154 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
28 is the best
If you want army lists,army blogs,tatica and just general 40k stuff check out my blog autarchandrew.blogspot.com

Total 40k Battle Carnage
Space wolves 3/0/0
Eldar 70/30/7
Black Templars 1/0/0
Blood Ravens 20/10/10
Orks 3/1/2

Hialmar

Hialmar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Lions, Black Templars
I could have easily voted for any number of these as I think 6, 10, 14, 20 & 32 were particularly deserving. In the end though I chose number 14 as that was just some amazing work.

slaanesh6fr

slaanesh6fr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts
It's difficult to choose one

chwbcc

chwbcc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
These are my favorites/favorite parts of the contestants.

#2 shows a great use of clean colors that work well together. And the Shading is superb. Defiantly the best GW technic out of them all.

#16 is another great GW paint job... The only reason I like #2 better is because #16 is a bit dark in the shadowed areas but a still great piece and it probably looks amazing in person!

#25 & #28 are also good runners up on my list as well!

They are strong pieces but #25 I love the mount but the rider's helm is lost in all the red and #28 I just wish there was more carnage, Love the Mural of bones!

Best of luck to you all!

PTS

PTS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts
  • Faction: White Scars
37 looks REAL and needs to win. Much credit to 3 too, simple and great dirt/rust effects.

Edited by PTS, 03 February 2010 - 12:27 AM.

firewind

firewind

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
It came down to 28 and 14 for me, but the roof on 14 was lacking, especially how the cupolas were straight red in the middle of the awesome free hand.

Iron Within, Iron Without

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

brother captn james

brother captn james

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
I VOTE FOR # 28

miss dee

miss dee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
I vote #28
We refuse to take sides in this anymore. And we refuse to let you turn us against one another. We know who we are now, we can find our own way between order and chaos...

It's over because we've decided it's over. Now get the hell out of our galaxy! Both of you.

Iron Without, Iron Within!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users