Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= SQUAD VOTING and DISCUSSION =][=

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Poll: People's Choice Squad (565 member(s) have cast votes)

Please pick your favorite squad entry

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,582 posts
  • Faction: Vultures
YOU MUST VOTE BEFORE YOU CAN SEE THE RESULTS. IF YOU CHOOSE TO SEE THE RESULTS BEFORE YOU VOTE YOUR VOTE WILL BE LOST!!!

Alright folks, there are 47 entries in the Squad Category

So give each page time to load and you can then vote and discuss your favorites here. Don't worry the judges have their own area for discussing entries and will not be partaking in this thread.
The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,172 posts
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
This was a really tough call for me between 18 (for the paint job) and 35 (for the amazing conversion work). In the end had to go with the Vanguard. Lots of other really nice pieces there too! Well done to everyone who took part!

Primarch16

Primarch16

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 375 posts
Torn between 1 and 18, the vanguard took me though!

NemFX

NemFX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,437 posts
I voted for# 6. Honourable mentions go to 12, 16, 18, and 35.

.. Monopoly just wasn't the same after I called down an orbital strike on Baltic Avenue.
.. There is no problem that 42 heavy bolters can't cure.

New Reno or Bust - The Enclave thread

Terranis Holds - The Kreig 68th derivatives thread

Muller

Muller

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 485 posts
  • Faction: Harald Deathwolf's Company
Fewer terminator squads would've been nice, or at least some that were converted with more dynamic poses.
I have to say that the red chaos marines created using space wolf bits were excellent.

"Pain Is Temporary, Glory Lasts Forever"

My Miniature Blog

"Curage And Honour!"

Joker

Joker

++ RIDICULUM PAUXILLUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,700 posts
  • Faction: yeah...

Fewer terminator squads would've been nice, or at least some that were converted with more dynamic poses.
I have to say that the red chaos marines created using space wolf bits were excellent.

I love those Wolves, but 18's the winner.

Joker

gallery_3570_2095_14088.jpg

LunchBox

LunchBox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,250 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Storm

Agreed...people need to take a closer look at those...they are excellent.
Check out my Painted Minis

Let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata...hiding in the candy, hoping the children do not break through with a stick."

*If you send me a PM, and don't hear back from me in a week or so, please PM me again. I've been licking brushes too long, and sometimes I read the message but forget to repond.

Rocknar

Rocknar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
20 was my faverote, and 35 runner up. Honorable mention 42. I liked 33 concept but it needed work.

m taz

m taz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
24 was awesome... Nice work on the Black Templar Termies w/ Chaplain

arnihs

arnihs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts
Voted 18 however would have picked other squad but they were to zoomed out to really see any detail.

B&C!!! For your next GOLDEN BOLTER make sure you tell every one to have a much more zoomed in photo !!

Brother Ducarte

Brother Ducarte

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists
i think 26 is easily overlooked, but it's clean and strong. Almost old skool. Gets my vote.

Catsi

Catsi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Great entries! Really impressed. I hope to paint like this one day *dreams*

Just a note though...the squads were really hard to rate. The pictures are just too small (even when enlarged) so I found it rather difficult to rate the quality of the painting properly. Just my opinion is all.

Congrats to everyone who entered! You guys rock!

Azural768

Azural768

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
some nice squads! and yeah i agree, it was pretty hard to vote with the pictures, i ended up with my face 2" away from the monitor!

30 swayed it for me, at a closer look they're awesome.

Code 187

Code 187

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels 3rd Company
Again, struggled with the quality of some photographs.

6 got my vote, I think if I'd been able to see pics more clearly 1 or 18 may have got it though.
QUOTE (Firedrake28 @ Jul 6 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must say my favorite moment was Raven Guard turn 3, where basically the entire army forms a firing squad and guns down Mephiston because it takes an entire army's firepower to take him down. Hilarity.

LunchBox

LunchBox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,250 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Storm
Having a "dog in this hunt", I discussed the issue of picture visibility with the Kurgan. He and the other mods are fully aware, and they appreciate everyone's feedback, so the next contest can be that much better!
Check out my Painted Minis

Let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata...hiding in the candy, hoping the children do not break through with a stick."

*If you send me a PM, and don't hear back from me in a week or so, please PM me again. I've been licking brushes too long, and sometimes I read the message but forget to repond.

Night Runner

Night Runner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,210 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I was torn between no.1, 18 and 40. They all deserve to win IMO.

'Don't take life so seriously; none of us escapes it with our lives. Not even Squeaky here!'
Logan Grimnar - consolling Marneus Calgar after the loss of his pet hamster.

‘Only an idiot would call the mighty Fang an Aett!’, quoted by Night Runner after reading Prospero Burns.

My Blog: TrueMiniWargamer.Com

TheDarker

TheDarker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 263 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
40 for me... but 18 was really near!!

gallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

BL HORUS HERESY TIMELINE (WIP) If you want to help with this, take a look and PM msn-wink.gif

My blog: http://obscurusfio.blogspot.com

Demoulius

Demoulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,299 posts
  • Faction: Red Dragons
was torn between the awesome paintjob on #7 and the gorgious models on entry 35 :tu:

in the end i voted for #7, but #35 is also so incredibly good. then again so many other are to! aarghhh so ahrd to decide ^_^

My blog: click me! Latest update 20th of December. 6th edition musings.
Blood angel BFG Blog: click me

a particular Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

sml_gallery_64798_13809_5652.jpggallery_48988_15465_4294.png

HuronBH

HuronBH

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 186 posts

I was torn between no.1, 18 and 40. They all deserve to win IMO.

Same here. Having seen close ups of 18 before I knew how nice they are up close, but this picture did not do them justice. So based on pics entered in this contest I went with #1. But would agree, all 3 are great.

-jay

"No coin to dirty, no job to bloody, no one untouchable..." - Motto of Jarok Croe

Hialmar

Hialmar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Lions, Black Templars
As with the individual models, these are pretty much universally awesome and impossibly difficult to judge. I really liked 12, 37 and 40 myself with a ton of honorable mentions, including a couple that appear to be running away with the votes.

PTS

PTS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts
  • Faction: White Scars
18 takes it - just slams the rest, although some great other entries.

Innus Bade 9

Innus Bade 9

+FRATER DOMUS+

• ALENAGENUS
  • 83 posts
  • Faction: IV Legion Astartes
I picked #8, that salamander squad with the rediculous bolters. Got to throw out #18 love the paint job brother
We fight the long war, not through vain notions of duty or honour, but through a far purer purpose: HATRED. At the height of our glory we were betrayed and cast out by our own kin. Guilliman, Dorn, Sanguinius - these are names I curse. Horus, Perturabo, Angron - these names I revere, names I would follow to the very end. It is that hatred that has sustained me through the long millennia. I tend it with bitterness. I nurture it with the deaths of my former brothers. For I know that when the end is upon us and Horus is returned, then the false Emperor shall be cast down from his sepulchral Golden Throne, and we shall take our rightful place at the side of Horus, the true Emperor of Mankind.
-Ferrous Ironclaw, Warsmith of the Iron Warriors Second Grand Company

Reaper297

Reaper297

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts
I chose number 40. Those deathwing were nicely done. Great touch with the streaking and glow effects, really help the models stand out. A lot of other great models too.

I am a Blood Raven, born into the sky on wings of hate. Hate for the alien and his opposition to Man. Hate for the treasons of brothers and fathers.

gallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

An Angry Marine

An Angry Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts
Entry 18 for the win. Clearly it's the best painted entry in the competition. Also, the conversion work done on the squad is pretty impressive (with all the head swaps). I actually laughed at the marine to the far right hand side as it appears that he's in the process of performing a "drive-by". Very good; very memorable. Great Work!

-Mac

Xavier Targhost

Xavier Targhost

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands / Space Wolves
Nr 1 is very nice and Nr 18 is awesome as always ;) though i like the Nr 26 allot as there is smothness and very well painted.. But my winner is Nr 30!!! superbly models both cool and very nice painted.. like them allot B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users