Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= SINGLE MINI VOTING and DISCUSSION =][=

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

Poll: People's Choice Single Mini (683 member(s) have cast votes)

Please pick your favorite Single Mini Entry

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

Pig Of Sparta

Pig Of Sparta

++ VERRES LACONIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,584 posts

As stated in the FAQ, the new 3rd edition SH Termies could be entered on their "normal" base. So those entries are ok.

That's cool Kurgan, I didn't really read through the FAQ, more skimmed it instead....

sorry ;)

James
[img=http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/Master%20of%20the%20Armoury/200px-Crux_Terminatus-1-1.png][img=http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif]

++[url=http://coolminiornot.com/artist/pig+of+sparta]My CoolMiniOrNot Gallery[/url]++ ++ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/pigofsparta/sets/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]++ ++[url=http://styofpigs.blogspot.co.uk/]the pig's sty[/url]++ ++[url=http://s11.zetaboards.com/IBoH/index/]IBoH Forums[/url]++

PTS

PTS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts
  • Faction: White Scars
50 has to take it for the paintjob and subtle conversion work, so it gets my vote. Great amount of character in some others though - the death company BA marine (47) is just oozing it.

firewind

firewind

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts
Fantastic effort all around!
After three passes through the list, I narrowed it down to 47( 1 armed death company), 60(Deathwing), and 72(Wolf Priest).
But in the end 72 came out on top. It was both flawless and inspired :)

Iron Within, Iron Without

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_02_Oath_Breaker.jpg

The Mangler

The Mangler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 61 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
It was really close but 58 truly is a work of art. The other two close behind were the one armed death company and 81.

ArchHeretic

ArchHeretic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 35 posts
  • Faction: Soul Drinkers
number 50
"If everyone put themselves before all others, no one would be after." -The Living Saint, Jason

Jammy Boy Templar

Jammy Boy Templar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Wow...That is all I can write for this magnificent piece of Art and I apologise, for that is an "understatement" (that's an understatement). A thousand words of praise thrice over, yet still I cannot hope to have praised the artist enough. However, what I want to know is, how long did this magnificent, awe-inspiring centrepiece take the artist to paint?
Although, I digress, that is irrelivant; however long it took the artist to paint this, he is right at the top, alongside the likes of Chad Mierwerza and other members of the 'Eavy metal team. Finally, I would just like to make a prediction, it's only a matter of time before your extroardinary talents are recognised by the 'Eavy metal team or some other association of the best, expert painters in the world.

Pig Of Sparta

Pig Of Sparta

++ VERRES LACONIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,584 posts

Wow...That is all I can write for this magnificent piece of Art and I apologise, for that is an "understatement" (that's an understatement). A thousand words of praise thrice over, yet still I cannot hope to have praised the artist enough. However, what I want to know is, how long did this magnificent, awe-inspiring centrepiece take the artist to paint?
Although, I digress, that is irrelivant; however long it took the artist to paint this, he is right at the top, alongside the likes of Chad Mierwerza and other members of the 'Eavy metal team. Finally, I would just like to make a prediction, it's only a matter of time before your extroardinary talents are recognised by the 'Eavy metal team or some other association of the best, expert painters in the world.

Might I be so bold as to ask which entry number (artist) you're congratulating?

James
[img=http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/Master%20of%20the%20Armoury/200px-Crux_Terminatus-1-1.png][img=http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif]

++[url=http://coolminiornot.com/artist/pig+of+sparta]My CoolMiniOrNot Gallery[/url]++ ++ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/pigofsparta/sets/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]++ ++[url=http://styofpigs.blogspot.co.uk/]the pig's sty[/url]++ ++[url=http://s11.zetaboards.com/IBoH/index/]IBoH Forums[/url]++

The_Crippster

The_Crippster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 176 posts
look at the eyes on 83 =O
QUOTE (Dan The Deamon @ Mar 9 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's that team who's set up to loose against the Harlem globetrotters? I feel like we're playing the "bad guy" codex and we only exist to give all the new Space marine players some entertainment.

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Guardians Night Lords
I liked 49, 58, 18, 92 and 28. 49 barely got my vote, tough to pick!

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

Justicar Valius

Justicar Valius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,331 posts
  • Faction: Grey knights
18 all the way, the detailing and level of painting as well as my love all that is grey knight made me vote for it.
I mean look at the sword effects! I would love a tutorial for that one.
QUOTE (Koremu @ May 24 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd just like to mention that I would like to use Matt Ward's face as a pinata for the abominations he has made of the two Power Armour Codicies with which he was entrusted.
If you have ever read Army Book: Chaos daemons then you know this is but a mild punishment.

QUOTE (WarInHeaven @ Jun 19 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would have gone for : "STOP! WARPTIME!" *starts playing 80's music*

Jammy Boy Templar

Jammy Boy Templar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Wow, guys,
These are some really amazing paint jobs. As someone else said, Kudos to all who entered, it really does take guts to have your work judged by others. Some of the paint jobs...weren't so great but come on-it's the participation that counts in the end, I suppose. We need some support for these guys, it might just have been a bad model (or really bad model, depending on who you are) but still, ther's always next year.
There were some truly jaw-dropping miniatures out there, though; nummbers 58, 72, one Space Hulk Blood Angel with truly fantastic blending and another Ultramarines miniature almost caught that vote from me but to be honest, 72 was just so skilled. I was torn between 58 and 72 but as I said, in the end 72 was just so flawless, for me at least.
Jammy Boy

Jammy Boy Templar

Jammy Boy Templar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

Might I be so bold as to ask which entry number (artist) you're congratulating?

James

Soz must have forgotten to say LOL :P. That was really joint praise for entries 58 and 72 they just showed such a high level of detail and skill that I had to spend the next few hours piecing together my jaw from where it hit the ground. Anyway, I'll try not to bore all of you with their praise, they were just so good.
Jammy Boy

Reaper297

Reaper297

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts
Had to choose number 50. I'm not a big fan of Imperial Fists, but it really just caught my eye with the incredible paint job and screamed for a vote. Kudos to everyone else as well. A lot of beautifully painted minis.

I am a Blood Raven, born into the sky on wings of hate. Hate for the alien and his opposition to Man. Hate for the treasons of brothers and fathers.

gallery_21629_2989_32489.gif

Knights_of_Redemption

Knights_of_Redemption

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Redemption
Congrats to all! Especially for entries 8, 15, 18, 19, 72

Fire Lord Captain

Fire Lord Captain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 727 posts
  • Faction: Fire Lords
Well done everyone. I had to vote for No.50. the paint job is the best I have EVER seen!! It looks like its jumping out from a comic book!
QUOTE (Sawtooth @ Nov 6 2012, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-snip-I love the fluff and I love the community. If I never play another game of Warhammer in my life I'll still hang around this forum. It's a great community, and one of the most pleasant forums I frequent. Which says a lot in this day and age, given the sewer many corners of the Internet have become.

An Angry Marine

An Angry Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts
I voted for entry 47. Why? Well it has a great pose, a great paintjob and, I believe, it incorporates the very spirit of a Space Marine. It deserves some sort of award. Anyway, great work everyone, some truely stunning entries. Also, who ever entered entry 47, don't worry if you don't win, you still did an incredibly good job. :lol:

-Mac

Edited by An Angry Marine, 05 February 2010 - 11:48 PM.

Inquisitor Engel

Inquisitor Engel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 747 posts
The NMM on 50 really stands out as superb as do all the little effects. There were some great contenders (19 in particular is an amazing piece of face-work) but I had to go with the Fist.
See my Imperial Fists Blog! For Dorn and the Emperor!

"Do not ask me to approach the battle meekly, to creep through the shadows, or to approach my foes quietly in the dark. I am Rogal Dorn. Imperial Fist. Space Marine. Emperor's Champion. Let my enemies cower at the thunder of my advance and tremble at the sight of me." - Rogal Dorn

LunchBox

LunchBox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,250 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Storm
#50 was a very smoothly painted mini, and a visual feast. My only beef with it, is the pinkish "shading", that really didn't shade it at all. If you save that pic, and open it, then convert it to black and white, there is very little contrast. Not to diminish the value of color-contrast...it's a great looking mini.
Check out my Painted Minis

Let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata...hiding in the candy, hoping the children do not break through with a stick."

*If you send me a PM, and don't hear back from me in a week or so, please PM me again. I've been licking brushes too long, and sometimes I read the message but forget to repond.

Whitefireinferno

Whitefireinferno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts
  • Faction: Flesh Tearers
Came down to #67 or #72 for me but went for #67 because its heavily modded but it was really close
They still fear me. Even outnumbered and armed only with a shattered axe, they still fear me. I can smell it in their sweat, hear it in their voices, and see it it their wide eyes that reflect the flames.--Part of the Best story from Black Library

My Flesh Tearer BAPC BLOG BA forum
My Flesh Tearer BLOG/other in WIP board

bareserker

bareserker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts
I think if you look, 72 is pretty heavily modified as well.The skull is definately from the Ulrik in power armour model.

Deus Lox

Deus Lox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
  • Location:Somewhere. There may or may not be a rainbow involved.
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Wow. Congratulations are in order for all of the entries. I particularly liked entries 2, 19, 58, and 79. My vote had to go to entry 19, for its sharpness and detail. I don't particularly like cluttered minis, so the simplicity of the model really got to me. It seemed detailed without being overbearing.
"The best way to defeat a Space Wolf is to wolf his wolf. You must be careful, though, because if the Space Wolf wolfs your wolf first, then your wolf is wolfed."
-Attributed to Wolf Rider Volk Wolfclaw, On the weaknesses of the Space Wolf doctrine.

Gamelli Streamfisher

Gamelli Streamfisher

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 204 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I would appreciate it if the person who entered #50 sent me a PM. I have been studying a myriad of different painting styles but have never seen that one before. I would like to see more of your work. Thanks.
"With bolter and chainsword they scour the enemy from his strongholds, often fighting many times their number with a dedication that is as unceasing as it is terrible to behold." (5th Edition Space Marine Codex)

Hubernator

Hubernator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,634 posts
  • Faction: The Phantoms
I'm watching this still and it seems we have the 3 clear winners from our voting. I wonder who'll actually win it...

PS: no votes for mine yet... oh well

QUOTE (StrangeGuy @ Jan 28 2010, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Jonny the Space Marine)
-Don't like Vampires. If they "sparkle" though, my wife and 2 daughters just may take up 40K!

Vampires don't sparkle!!!! *ragefilledheadexplosion*

Peter

Peter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
Im happy i have 4 votes...wish it could be more though :/ but this is my first painting contest that ive entered so i guess its a start =D i probably clould of taken better pictures though...o well my family really likes it and im proud of my work so its all goood :P

Jochaim

Jochaim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar
Yeah I have to go with Peter. I managed to get 5 votes on mine and I have to say I'm pretty honored by those votes. Judging by the caliber of the work here I can only say thank you to whoever it was for considering me to rank somewhere amongst them.

Personally I want to say congratulations to everyone who participated in the GB, I have both been inspired and amazed by your work and I hope to bring some small part of it to my future projects.
For Sigsmund, For Dorn, For the Emperor!
Black Templars 432nd Crusade

QUOTE (Firepower @ Aug 22 2011, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shoot the stabby things and stab the shooty things. Failing that, stab anything that moves, and then everything that doesn't move, just to be thorough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users