Aerixis' Space Hulk Deathwing!

Aerixis

Woo! First post evarr!

Thought I'd start off with my Deathwing, as you'll see the ones I'm showing are the Space Hulk miniatures converted into Deathwing, most of them are simple conversions while some are more complex!

Lemme know what you guys think, I'm new to these forums so I'm after any comments and criticisms I can get!

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/018/1/1/Space_Hulk_Terminator_Sergeant_by_Aerixis.jpg

This is Brother Sergeant Neberzanes, looking back I wish I had done a head swap, and I probably will. Also, I wish I had done the Dark Angels logo on his cloak....

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/018/2/8/Deathwing_Termimator_01_by_Aerixis.jpg

Brother Manael, gifted with a custom Storm Bolter and bearer of the Marksman trophy.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/018/1/3/Space_Hulk_Deathwing_02_by_Aerixis.jpg

Brother Burach, headstrong but a natural born tactician.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/018/3/6/Space_Hulk_Deathwing_Librarian_by_Aerixis.jpg

Brother-Librarian Zahashiel. Once a student to Ezekiel himself, after becoming Inducted into the Inner Circle he had distanced himself from his fellow marines to the point of total seclusion.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/018/c/4/Space_Hulk_Deathwing_Banner_by_Aerixis.jpg

Blessed-Brother Thuriel. After many recorded incidents of selfless valour and sacrifice, Brother Thuriel was blessed with the sacred duty of bearing the Deathwing Standard in battle. Such is his faultless dedication to protecting the standard that he has been on the verge of entombment within a Dreadnought many times over.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/018/b/f/Space_Hulk_Apothecary_by_Aerixis.jpg

Brother-Apothecary Nestor Secundus. Named after the brother-apothecary under charge of Brother-Chaplain Boreas. Faultless record of progenoid recovery, he has been known to bore through tanks with his combi-melta just to prolong the life of his Chapter.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/018/8/4/Space_Hulk_Deathwing_Master_by_Aerixis.jpg

Brother-Commander Mathumiel. Commander of the Deathwing detachment attached to the Angels of Redemption, a tremendous tactician known to teleport his brothers within an inch of the enemy before crushing them under the might of the 1st company.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/018/5/0/Space_Hulk_Terminator_Chaplain_by_Aerixis.jpg

Brother-Chaplain Iahmael. Known to be so close to his battle-brothers in the other companys that it is often overlooked that he is a menber of the Inner Circle.

Thought I'd slip in a little narrative to each one!

Lemme know what you think, I appreciate all comments and criticisms!

Great job
Very well done. Cant wait to see more.
Very nice, well done! Your top picture looks like it could pass of Balieal (sp).

Thanks guys! I've got the rest of the company halfway through painting, I'll upload them once theyre all display standard!

Again, thanks for the compliments!

Great crisp painting, nice conversions and enjoyed the little bio to accompany each Battle Brother! Good skills, can't wait to see more!
Very nice paint job. Cant wait to see the rest.

Thanks guys! Yeah the biographies are the only things keeping me in the Dark Angels, my gaming its so terrible I have to make up about 3 sheets on storyline to follow the game to make up for it!

It nearly always winds up as.."

"and then they called an exterminatus......yeah thats what they did...."

Woo moral victory!

I must be the only person out there that actually HATES the SH termie minis. I think they are awful.

HOWEVER, yours look incredible, I must say I think yours are the first ones that I have really taken fond of. The Librarian is great, I like that you made the pose more dynamic with that axe(of which i also am blah about).

the paint schemes are superb, great job. Now if you could paint a LeMartes mini, you may actually make me grow fond of that dreadful sculpt as well.

PS: I am not bashing you in any sense, your guys are awesome, just bashing the mini sculpt themselves. I seriously must be only person NOT to like them

The models themselves look great, but the basing could use some work IMO.

I actually like the base work, looks like fresh wet mud 2 me. These nicely painted models have inspired me 2 start up my deathwing....I purchased a few boxed a few months ago and haven't even opened them yet.

The models themselves look great, but the basing could use some work IMO.

Yeah I was planning on getting a little more interesting with them, but my thoughts were to keep it simple to keep the attention on the miniatures, thanks for the comment!

I actually like the base work, looks like fresh wet mud 2 me. These nicely painted models have inspired me 2 start up my deathwing....I purchased a few boxed a few months ago and haven't even opened them yet.

Deathwing always look awesome IMO, they have more character than most chapters armies and you can really go to town with the paint scheme! Each one of these took about 6 hours layering up from blaack, to brown, to yellow, and to bone!

I bet the conversion part was a pain in the ass.

But good job!

It was actually more fun than I thought it'd be, a dauting challenge, but fun! I kept thinking that if i :cussed it up it would ruin a £50 set of terminators!

tasty!

you've given me a few ideas for my BT versions. :(

The templar accessorie box has more pieces that fit than the Dark Angels sprues. I did a few Templar commissions on pieces that people had given me and they looked frikkin' cool.

Great job! They look fantastic! My only concern is that your sergeant looks more "ornate" and important than your captain... Its actually the cloak that "pops" for me.. Is there any reason for this?

I swap between the moidels depending on the mission, sometimes I'll have belial (mathumiel) as a Storm Bolter Power Sword combo, or the lighning claw combo with a standard and apothecary, just depends what I'm playing, haha!

Welcome to the B&C! I really like your Deathwing, from the paintjob to the atmosphere. They truly look and act like the Dark Angels' finest!

Aw thanks buddy! I've got 40 more of the buggers, standard terminators all converted to resemble the dramatic poses and decorations of the Space Hulk ones! I'll get em up when I get em back from the local Games Workshop.

Brother-Apothecary Nestor Secundus must not be amazingly popular with the Tech-priests...

Its refreshing to see Space-hulk models not in red, keep up the good work ^^

Thanks! Yeah I figured, If Nestor gets HIS head vaporised by a plasma pistol, I won't be using the name anymore. Or locking them in a bastion full of viral agent...

Anyway, yeah thanks for all the comments guys! I'm putting up some more of my commissioned work soon, converted Legion of the Damned and some custom banners!

Deathwing always look awesome IMO, they have more character than most chapters armies and you can really go to town with the paint scheme! Each one of these took about 6 hours layering up from blaack, to brown, to yellow, and to bone!

Those guys look great. I have around 50 or so Deathwing in progress at the moment (modelling for now) and I like your painting so I was wondering if you have a bit of free time if you could just post up what colours and mixes you used and in what order. <_< I can't wait to see the rest of your guys :D

Archived