Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Username change?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Prince of Ecstasy

Prince of Ecstasy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
Just curious, is it possible to request a mod to change your username? I personally would like to change mine after realizing I botched up the spelling of 'ecstasy' and since I'm leaning more towards Undivided than Slaanesh as I used to.

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 11,855 posts
From the rules:

NAME CHANGES:
When you sign up for an account at the B&C you are asked to create a USERname and a DISPLAYname. These do not have to be the same. However, think carefully on what you want your DISPLAYname (the name people will see attached to your posts) to be. We rarely change DISPLAYnames without good reason.

Typical reasons for changing a DISPLAYname are:

* Name is too long and throwing off thread formating. This is usually fixed by simply adding spaces or removing underscores.
* Name contains offensive material.
* Name is too close to another users name. If confusion is caused by your name being close to an existing members name you may be asked to change it.
* Misspelling. Sometimes in the rush to register an account a user might hit the wrong key and wind up doing something like spelling Rogue as Rouge. In cases like this we can often fix that with a quick reset of the DISPLAYname. This may not be possible if there is already a DISPLAYname like it on the forums. In that case you will be asked to choose a new DISPLAYname.

Reasons that a name change is usually turned down include but are not limited to:

* I'm bored with this name.
* I don't play this army anymore and want to change.
* I named myself after a character who is now dead.

I hope that answers your question.
Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,193 posts
I fixed the spelling of your display name. I've also sent you a PM.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.png

bluepillredpill

bluepillredpill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts
Yeah, I made the Noob mistake last night(it was late after a long day at work) my name should of been bluepillredpill but double tapped on the d in red, is there any chance that could get amended

Phoros

Phoros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 645 posts
As a thought, why aren't general name changes allowed? Another forum I use allows name changes once every 90 days, which works quite well.

thog dont caare

"Well, yes, he disguised himself as my beloved dead son, so that's a mark against him, but where was my statue? WHERE WAS MY STATUE?"

-Horus, False Gods

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,193 posts
Because general name changes provide no value and serve only to create confusion. People change names when they get bored with their current names, or when they want to hide from some online interaction they've had (generally one in which they may have said things that were received negatively by others, but on occasion because someone else is acting like a numpty). Members already have the ability to change their avatar, personal photo, personal statement, and signature, so the consistency of the display name ensures some level of knowing who is saying what (insofar as anyone can "know" who anyone else is on the Internet).

bluepillredpill - your name spelling has been corrected.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.png

Paragate

Paragate

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts

void

Edited by Paragate, 13 March 2013 - 10:56 AM.

=I=  Those who blame chance for their misgivings often refuse to acknowledge the true nature and value of skill, dedication and meticulous planning.  =I=

˚∑