Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:50 AM
Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:47 AM
When you sign up for an account at the B&C you are asked to create a USERname and a DISPLAYname. These do not have to be the same. However, think carefully on what you want your DISPLAYname (the name people will see attached to your posts) to be. We rarely change DISPLAYnames without good reason.
Typical reasons for changing a DISPLAYname are:
* Name is too long and throwing off thread formating. This is usually fixed by simply adding spaces or removing underscores.
* Name contains offensive material.
* Name is too close to another users name. If confusion is caused by your name being close to an existing members name you may be asked to change it.
* Misspelling. Sometimes in the rush to register an account a user might hit the wrong key and wind up doing something like spelling Rogue as Rouge. In cases like this we can often fix that with a quick reset of the DISPLAYname. This may not be possible if there is already a DISPLAYname like it on the forums. In that case you will be asked to choose a new DISPLAYname.
Reasons that a name change is usually turned down include but are not limited to:
* I'm bored with this name.
* I don't play this army anymore and want to change.
* I named myself after a character who is now dead.
I hope that answers your question.
Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:47 AM
Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:10 AM
Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:11 PM
thog dont caare
"Well, yes, he disguised himself as my beloved dead son, so that's a mark against him, but where was my statue? WHERE WAS MY STATUE?"
-Horus, False Gods
Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:31 PM
bluepillredpill - your name spelling has been corrected.
Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:49 AM
Edited by Paragate, 13 March 2013 - 10:56 AM.
=I= Those who blame chance for their misgivings often refuse to acknowledge the true nature and value of skill, dedication and meticulous planning. =I=