Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Alpha Legion Strike Team

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

Kaleb Daark

Kaleb Daark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts
Here's my small army (more or less 1000pts)

Lord with plasma pistol and power sword

Posted Image

The sorceror with doombolt, plasma pistol and familiar

Posted Image

another a bit closer

Posted Image

1 squad of 5 terminators with lightning claws, reaper autocannons and chain fist

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 squad of 5 marines with a melta and power fist infiltrating as Ultramarines

Posted Image

1 another squad of 5 marines with melta

Posted Image

1 squad of 5 marines with flamer

Posted Image

1 squad of 5 havocs with 4 missiles launchers .

Posted Image

more info here:
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=129597

El JuJu
Kaleb Daark

Edited by Kaleb Daark, 14 February 2010 - 10:22 AM.

Asrech

Asrech

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 634 posts
Absolutely beautiful army brother, that's about all there really is to say :rolleyes:

Congratulations on the award, I don't know how the other armies looked, but I think it's a fair bet to say that it was well deserved!

Cheers!
In the fires of the forge we are wrought, in the inferno of battle we live.

My blog of "WIP's"
Ares WIP Thread
Ares Hall of Honour Thread
Terminators Hall of Honour Thread

Tutteman

Tutteman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
Woah, nice ultra alphas, really good way to be able to break up the army. Fab army overall!
Remember, The Inquistion are your friends...now, this mind wipe won't take a second.

QUOTE (Marshal2 Crusaders @ Sep 23 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Want a good codex? Shouldn't have betrayed the Emperor.

<><

Talhydras

Talhydras

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 81 posts
The infiltrating pseudo-UMs are terriffic!
Nice way to add spots of color to the army

the AL Marines are also very good, I really envy your painting skills...
Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore.' - E.A. Poe.

Shaun Carlin

Shaun Carlin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 596 posts
You lord is Pretty cool but I love your sorceror, close ups on the ultras please
"Know this, sons of Guilliman. The father of our Chapter watches over us always. He knows your soul, your strengths and, aye, even your doubts. The chain of command must not be broken or we are nothing. Discipline and order are everything on the battlefield and the army that lives by the credo will triumph."- Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines

Brother Captain Cassius

Brother Captain Cassius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 257 posts
Those models are utterly sick. I love the blends for your colors and your conversions, damn fine work.

~ Brother Captain Cassius
An Ork, a Chaos Space Marine and an Imperial Guardsman are sitting around a fire. The Ork says "I could get dead stompy on the both of you but I'm too tired." The Chaos Marine looks at the two of them, "I could just shot you both in the head but I'm too lazy." The Guardsmen looks at them, "I've been shooting you both for an hour now and not a damn things happened yet."

Blood Angels 4th Company : 27 - 4 - 1
The Tears of Sanguinius 1st Company : 4 - 1 - 1

Gamertag: Justin the Lion

Argon

Argon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 796 posts
You do the Hydra much honor. I really love those Ultras.

The Imperials will never know what hit them ;)!
QUOTE (1000heathens @ Sep 8 2010, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
'A Loyalist Marine once tried to best me. I ate his gene-seed with some fava beans and a nice chianti.'

I have a blog now! You should look at it!

Current projects:
------------------
Index Traitoris: Oblivion Knights Theme found. Finishing imcomplete sections
Index Astartes: Marines Exemplar Currently working on: Combat Doctrine. For the Iron Gauntlet!

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts
Great Figs as with everyone said Alpha Ultras are awesome

Visit the PHALANX- A Website dedicated to DORN'S Geneseed Chamber Militant The Entropic ReaperA Blog of 40K and nerdiness
6th edition win record

Order of the Bloody Rose 0-0-0

Crimson Fist  1- 0-0
Grey Knights  2-0-0

gallery_26_4045_10194.jpg

Stuart

Stuart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 177 posts
Gotta echo the Ultramarine love, brilliant concept. The Sorcerer is really beautiful too, and the paintwork overall is great.
Also, those old school Missile Launchers fit Alpha Legion very well, excellent choice on them.

The one element I'm not a huge fan of is the Lord. I thought your previous mutated Lord was awesome, but this one's proportions look askew to me. It might just be the angle of the picture, but to me it looks as though his thighs are a lot longer than his lower legs, and that his knees face inwards a bit. Could you take some more shots of him possibly?

Edited by Stuart, 13 February 2010 - 11:30 PM.

-Brother Sargent Tiberius-

-Brother Sargent Tiberius-

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts
Nice! I like the Ultra Marines and the sorceror is great!
"This is the day we take the battle to the heart of the enemy!
This is the day that we correct the course of human history!
This is the day we ensure our survival as a species!
Soldiers of the COG, my fellow Gears, go forth and bring back the hope of humanity!”

-Chairman Prescott

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

lostraven

lostraven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18 posts
Beautiful army. You've got a really nice painting style.

Certavi et Vici

Saevus Secutor

Saevus Secutor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 55 posts
That´s a beautiful army you got there, love the colours.

Kaleb Daark

Kaleb Daark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts

close ups on the ultras please

Gotta echo the Ultramarine love, brilliant concept. The Sorcerer is really beautiful too, and the paintwork overall is great.
Also, those old school Missile Launchers fit Alpha Legion very well, excellent choice on them.

The one element I'm not a huge fan of is the Lord. I thought your previous mutated Lord was awesome, but this one's proportions look askew to me. It might just be the angle of the picture, but to me it looks as though his thighs are a lot longer than his lower legs, and that his knees face inwards a bit. Could you take some more shots of him possibly?

As requested some more (bad) pics.

Of Lord Passdhaar.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the Hydramarines.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Gotta say that I indeed particularly enjoyed painting this squad. Even thought about painting the whole army like that for some time.
But Maybe I'll just add another squad.

Anyway Thanks everybody for the kind words! I am truly touched.

Coming Next ?

I do wanna go on with this army, Right now i'm working on a raptor squad , A Forge World Dreadnought is also considered (gotta get money first)

I also wanna be able to play this army with the loyalist codex so i'm "completing " each squad to 10 marnes with heavy weapons, except for the Fake Smurfs which will be used as sternguard veteran squad (so no heavy weapons but stormbolters and combi weapons)

more info can and will be found here:
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=129597

El JuJu
Kaleb Daark

Epic Thoughts

Epic Thoughts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
Very nice job! I really like the older color scheme on the Legionaries. Great work!

Sepsis the Unclean

Sepsis the Unclean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 129 posts
Fantastic idea of under-cover chosen, very sneaky...the best Hydra marine in my eyes is definetly the one kneeling down with the powerfist. Excellent.

Though it has to be said I do prefer your old Chaos Lord, while the new one is a great model, I personally would use this army with the old one.

And get saving as I for one am looking forward too seeing a FW Alpha dread all painted up.
image.jpg
Check out my Chaos Warbands HERE
Are you sympathetic to xenos? if the answer is yes come check out Waaagh! Skullkrak HERE
Fancy a game, come down to Flintshire Gaming Club http://s13.zetaboards.com/FGC/index/

An Angry Marine

An Angry Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts
Possible, one of the greatest paint jobs I've seen in my life. Great, great job KD!

-Mac

The Crimson Cartel

The Crimson Cartel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts
The Alphas are my favorite chaos legion, and you you do them much justice! Fantastic work brother, and big props on the infiltrators idea. :) Very Very well done

-CC

Baals. Every BA player should have a pair.

RRChristensen

RRChristensen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 527 posts
absolutely stunning work, and the infiltrators posing as Ultramarines is one of the best and most well-executed ideas I've seen in this hobby!

Chaplain Desmodus

Chaplain Desmodus

++ RELINQUO NEX ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,642 posts
I love the mix of dark yet luminous greens and the turquoise (sp?) details. Very nice and characterful paintjobs. Best chaos marines I've seen in a long while. :D

sisko11

sisko11

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 728 posts
Really good job here, I especially like the design modification to the UM symbol, so subtle you almost don't notice but a really great touch. Good stuff! I have a feeling the pics arent doing justice though, should try and take some shots on a cloudy day, or get your hands on a lightbox if you can -

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 766 posts
no don't take storm bolters on the sternguard, they will lose the special rounds.

Visit the PHALANX- A Website dedicated to DORN'S Geneseed Chamber Militant The Entropic ReaperA Blog of 40K and nerdiness
6th edition win record

Order of the Bloody Rose 0-0-0

Crimson Fist  1- 0-0
Grey Knights  2-0-0

gallery_26_4045_10194.jpg