Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brother Horse's Crimson Fists Blog

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Brother Horse

Brother Horse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
  • Faction: Crimson Fists,Flesh Tearers
Never put up pics here before, but here's some of the Crimson Fists I'm currently repainting. Got a couple of the Command Squad done, plus one of the new Plastic Venerable Dreadnoughts we have in our store as a preview.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Lines on the dread need to be cleaned a bit.

Posted Image
Sternguard Sgt with Powerfist

Posted Image
Apotechary

Posted Image
Honoured Borther w/ Power Axe

Posted Image
Posted Image
honoured Brother w/ Power sword.

I'm currently finishing up the last command member and Pedro Kantor and I have the Company Champion and Captain w/ Lightning Claws done :rolleyes:

Edited by Brother Horse, 30 October 2012 - 06:17 PM.

Crazy Eight

Crazy Eight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,136 posts
wow these are amazing and i cant be-leave you got to see the new ven dread and paint it lucky bugger . I am starting a crimson fist army i have a wip log on here . If you could offer any advice please of critisim i would be very greatful . oh and where is that sternguad sgt from please he looks brilliant

Brother Horse

Brother Horse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
hey thanks

the sternguard is one of the old Tyrannic War Veterans, I had to shave the Ultramarine symbol off his chest, it needs a bit more tbh :)

Shaun Carlin

Shaun Carlin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 596 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines 2nd Company
Well done and I like the tyranic war vet conversion, and might i just say you're a lucky dog for getting that ven dread :lol:
"Know this, sons of Guilliman. The father of our Chapter watches over us always. He knows your soul, your strengths and, aye, even your doubts. The chain of command must not be broken or we are nothing. Discipline and order are everything on the battlefield and the army that lives by the credo will triumph."- Roboute Guilliman, Primarch of the Ultramarines

Brother Captain Cassius

Brother Captain Cassius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 257 posts
  • Faction: The Tears of Sanguinius.
I'm loving that dready and your other models are pretty sick too.

~ Brother Captain Cassius
An Ork, a Chaos Space Marine and an Imperial Guardsman are sitting around a fire. The Ork says "I could get dead stompy on the both of you but I'm too tired." The Chaos Marine looks at the two of them, "I could just shot you both in the head but I'm too lazy." The Guardsmen looks at them, "I've been shooting you both for an hour now and not a damn things happened yet."

Blood Angels 4th Company : 27 - 4 - 1
The Tears of Sanguinius 1st Company : 4 - 1 - 1

Gamertag: Justin the Lion

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,491 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights Adepta Sororitas
cool Models liking the store display Ven. Dread can't wait to get mine

Edited by war009, 13 February 2010 - 08:24 PM.

Brother Horse

Brother Horse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
Just got Pedro done. I had painted him during the week but the dullcote caused Frosting on him so he had to be redone. I lost his original helmet, but I feel the one from the Masters of the Chapter box works pretty well.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also have done a Chaplain w/ Powerfist

Posted Image

And the Company Champion

Posted Image

Dark.Fire

Dark.Fire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
Highlights on the armour are a little heavy.un-subtle but apart from that really liking your work.

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,491 posts
something about Kantor's neck doesn't seem right but cool models still

Edited by war009, 14 February 2010 - 08:58 PM.

Vaaish

Vaaish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
  • Faction: Nesewdjet-Nedjety
Any particular reason you mismatched the dreads shoulders? one looks to be convex and the other more of the mkIV concave.

Brother Horse

Brother Horse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
thats actually the arms the new plastic dread comes with

Vaaish

Vaaish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
you mean it doesn't have the option to have a matched set? the gun arm is always convex? Unless the sprue pics on GW are lying, there appears to be a cap for the cc arm to match the gun arm to the right of the exhaust packs.

Edited by Vaaish, 15 February 2010 - 03:06 AM.

Night Runner

Night Runner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,210 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Some really great stuff here man. Congrats :)

'Don't take life so seriously; none of us escapes it with our lives. Not even Squeaky here!'
Logan Grimnar - consolling Marneus Calgar after the loss of his pet hamster.

‘Only an idiot would call the mighty Fang an Aett!’, quoted by Night Runner after reading Prospero Burns.

My Blog: TrueMiniWargamer.Com

Brother Horse

Brother Horse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
ah I see, I checked the sprue again and it has options to match each of the three gun arm, what I did was just built all three gun arms so I could swap easy, so the poerfist arm matches the plasma cannon arm, and not the assault cannon arm. What I think they expect people to do is use only one gun arm, and slot the weapons in and out (sicne the new weapons have square bottoms that push into the shoulder

Vaaish

Vaaish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts
That makes more sense, I'm relieved to know that they can match. :cuss

Justicar Valius

Justicar Valius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,331 posts
  • Faction: Grey knights
Ven dread and Pedro don't show up
QUOTE (Koremu @ May 24 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd just like to mention that I would like to use Matt Ward's face as a pinata for the abominations he has made of the two Power Armour Codicies with which he was entrusted.
If you have ever read Army Book: Chaos daemons then you know this is but a mild punishment.

QUOTE (WarInHeaven @ Jun 19 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would have gone for : "STOP! WARPTIME!" *starts playing 80's music*

Pig Of Sparta

Pig Of Sparta

++ VERRES LACONIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,584 posts
Really liking the bare headed Kantor. It has a bit more character than the stock mini I think. The paint work is good too, and Ithink you've more than done that Venerable Dread justice :)

James
[img=http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p456/pigofsparta/Master%20of%20the%20Armoury/200px-Crux_Terminatus-1-1.png][img=http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif]

++[url=http://coolminiornot.com/artist/pig+of+sparta]My CoolMiniOrNot Gallery[/url]++ ++ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/pigofsparta/sets/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]++ ++[url=http://styofpigs.blogspot.co.uk/]the pig's sty[/url]++ ++[url=http://s11.zetaboards.com/IBoH/index/]IBoH Forums[/url]++

Brother Horse

Brother Horse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
Been meaning to stick up photos of my last comman squad guy and the Captain with LCs to go with him. so here we go

Posted Image
Posted Image

Work continues, just finished a terminator sgt with the Forgeworld shoulders and Scout Sgt with Combi melta and am 90% done on one of my speeders and a sternguard unit. Hopefully I'll get my FW Land Raider doors and can make a start on that this week

Brother Horse

Brother Horse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
Went to my store today to get the Blood Angels Black Box from the FedEx guy and decided to get some painting done while I wait

Scout Sgt w/ Combi Melta
Posted Image

Terminator Sgt w/ Forgeworld SP
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheOniwaban

TheOniwaban

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 31 posts

Posted Image
Posted Image

Hi there, just wondering if this is a conversion or stock model? It is very nice.

There is only The Emperor and He is our Shield and Protector.

Terrible_Trygon

Terrible_Trygon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 725 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers
Just out of interest; how do the metal Crimson Fist helmets compare to the plastic Space Marine helmets?
Horus Heresy: Horus leads the largest warhost of Chaos ever known in the invasion of Earth. Roboute Gulliman and his entire Legion of Ultramarines are at the other side of the galaxy. Gulliman will later write the book on tactical thinking.

QUOTE (Ganuus @ Jun 15 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been sniffing my freshly painted minis to get an idea how dry they are for eleven years.

QUOTE (The Emperor on Warseer @ Jun 10 2009, 6:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hell, according to the fluff, you're more likely to find Superman flying around than a female Space Marine, because whereas the fluff states that geneseed only works in males, it doesn't state that there aren't Kryptonians in the galaxy.

QUOTE (Prathios @ May 5 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the warp Mass x Velocity = rubber chickens.

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,154 posts

Posted Image
Posted Image

Hi there, just wondering if this is a conversion or stock model? It is very nice.

Awesome model - I did pretty much the same for my CF chapter champion - check my sig! Nice to see someone using bright colurs on CFs.

edit - sorry, meant avatar/profile pic

Edited by jimbo1701, 27 August 2010 - 01:33 PM.

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

David the Despoiler

David the Despoiler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 384 posts
  • Faction: The Burning Eclipse
You don't have a sig, Jimbo. Sorry. And I'm curious, too, where does that model come from?
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,491 posts
looking good
model is from masters of the chapter box set with new head and and weapon army from GW

Thantoes

Thantoes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,414 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Nice, very nice indeed. Looking forward to seeing some more stuff soon.

"It is not our battle barges and bolters, our lascannons and melta bombs that will bring us victory. These are merely devices of destruction. It is our will to wield them without compromise, to unleash righteous devastation in the Emperor's name, which will bring us victory. Hate these foes! Hate them with every fibre of your being. Hate them in your hearts and despise them in your souls. Purge them with flamer and sword and be happy at their deaths." - Chaplain Cassius

"We commend our souls to the Emperor. Let the story of our sacrifice burn across history like a shooting star. For Death and for Glory - for the Ultramarines!" - Veteran Sergeant Lucian Ventris. 745.M41

My Ultramarine "Hall of Honour" Thread can be found Here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users