Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine Painter Update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
175 replies to this topic

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
Just to show you some progress and to celebrate completing the first cut of the new engine for the marine painter ... here is a progress shot showing the old painter next to the new one ..

Posted ImagePosted Image

As you can see the colours are more vibrant (and true to the actual colour chosen), the edges are smoother (less jagged lines, very visible on the left shoulderpad), no more halving and quartering all central areas are now split left and right and therefore more flexible. We also have got the Armour Mk correct this time instead of a mix of Mk8 & Mk7, its now all Mk7 armour.

I am having to rewrite the wargear application from the ground up to accommodate the new painter engine and we also have about 60 new pieces of wargear coming too. The advantage this time is that when I rebuilt the Space Marine Painter engine I built wargear into it from the get go. Here is a small example I put together with the chest emblem and helmet changed.

Posted Image

Lots of new toys coming ... Lots
Brother Argos

Brother Argos stepped forward into the reflected light of the schematic. The Techmarine went unhooded. The left portion of his face was framed with a steel plate, the snarling image of a Salamander seared into it as an honour marking. Burn scars from the Brander-Priests wreathed his skin in whorls and bands. A Bionic eye gleamed coldly in contrast to the burning red of his own.

When he spoke, his voice was deep and metallic.

- Heroes of the Space Marines - Fires of War : Pg 190

Iron Hands - A new beginning

Justicar Valius

Justicar Valius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,331 posts
Awseome! Mk4 suits for the win!

Very much apreciated brother Argos
QUOTE (Koremu @ May 24 2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd just like to mention that I would like to use Matt Ward's face as a pinata for the abominations he has made of the two Power Armour Codicies with which he was entrusted.
If you have ever read Army Book: Chaos daemons then you know this is but a mild punishment.

QUOTE (WarInHeaven @ Jun 19 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would have gone for : "STOP! WARPTIME!" *starts playing 80's music*

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,769 posts
Awesome, new war gear! Great work, thanks! :tu:

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Ironclad | IG Stormies | =][= Stormies | AM Armigers

CSM Terminators | TSons Rubrics | Daemons Daemonettes

DE Warriors | Tyranids Genestealers

Loken86

Loken86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 559 posts
looking amazing cant wait to use it great work brother

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
that's what I'm talking about!

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

Dezartfox

Dezartfox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 753 posts
Looks fantastic!

DibbZi

DibbZi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 277 posts
Can't wait!

Dezartfox

Dezartfox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 753 posts
Will the Terminator one be re-done too?

bareserker

bareserker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 491 posts
Luverlee Juberlee !

insomniacpyro

insomniacpyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts
This is a very awesome upgrade Brother Argos, I really love what you and everyone else is doing! I'm assuming this new painter is much more fluid in adding and removing wargear as well?

Also just on a more technical side, I understand you'd have to basically re-write the entire program, but wouldn't it be better in the long run to make the painter more like a flash or java program (or some other language I don't know) and put more of the processing client-side instead of server-side? Then again it'd be easier then heck to steal...
My Blog - Details of various terrain projects and fluff.

My DIY Chapter - Sons of Osiris Renamed and Revamped!

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
@ Dezartfox : Hey Tim :D ... Terminator is being redone too .. all should be revealed for the Painters in a couple of weeks ... the new Wargear a couple of months after the painter release. Drop me a line on googletalk and I will show you some more of the progress.

@ insomniacpyro : It will be easier to use and paint ... the wargear interface is being written last, so I am not sure on that yet! ... Stealing and reproducing is the issue. I have the Flash skills to reproduce it in flash if I wanted, but I prefer php :D
Brother Argos

Brother Argos stepped forward into the reflected light of the schematic. The Techmarine went unhooded. The left portion of his face was framed with a steel plate, the snarling image of a Salamander seared into it as an honour marking. Burn scars from the Brander-Priests wreathed his skin in whorls and bands. A Bionic eye gleamed coldly in contrast to the burning red of his own.

Battle-Brother Maracthor

Battle-Brother Maracthor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts
Love it, keep up the awesome work!
Ego sum Indissolubilis Domino of Bellum

Captain Ignatius' personal motto
Doombringers 3rd Company Captain

Dark Apostle Thirst

Dark Apostle Thirst

++ DISCIPULUS GRADIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,235 posts
Brother Argos, Master of The Bolter and Chainsword's forge. :D

You know how appreciated you are for all of the painters, so, uh, keep it up :D

Also, it's great to see however many hours worth of work coming into fruition.

Brother_Bethor

Brother_Bethor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts
Great work, Brother Argos. The new Painter looks fantastic. Is there any chance to see in the future an Eldar Painter (as they are my second army, still without the painting scheme)?
++ DEATH FROM ABOVE! ++

From death comes hope, from desolation comes new beginnings, from the stars comes DEATHWING

Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
when will they be out?

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts

@ Dezartfox : Hey Tim :P ... Terminator is being redone too .. all should be revealed for the Painters in a couple of weeks ... the new Wargear a couple of months after the painter release. Drop me a line on googletalk and I will show you some more of the progress.

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
After a days worth of work ...

Posted Image

Slow going .. but I am pleased with it so far .. every component is colourable in the wargear unlike the previous version
Brother Argos

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
AWESOME!!! I love full mk4 armor!

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
Once again: when will we be able to use this tool?
the currant one is too basic compared to this!

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
I already replied to your question above ...

Two weeks for the basic painter to be re-released ... another couple of months maybe for the wargear add on.

If you want wargear now use this version .. v5

http://www.bolterand...com/smpbeta.php

and press wargear when you have finished painting the marine.

There are also many other painters ... you can find them here ..

http://www.bolterand...p?autocom=pages
Brother Argos

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
I finished all the mk4 wargear ... big blank shoulderpads were the last bit ..

Posted Image

and then I found this on my computer .. thought a few people might be interested

Posted Image
Brother Argos

ac4155

ac4155

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
Great work, they look fantastic. Much better over the last versions.

And i'm loving the scout and wargear so far, cant wait to give it a go and redone my army colours.

Thanks for all the work you do with the painter and with B&C.
Its very much appreciated.
AC

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Excellent work Brother Argos!
Looking forward to seeing all this marvelous tool can do once it is complete.
The Scout looks very promising as well!
Keep it up! ;)

New-GA-hotlink-banner-190511.jpg

Harald sternmark

Harald sternmark

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 60 posts
mk4 armour!!! you are a legend!!

Edited by Harald sternmark, 23 February 2010 - 09:11 PM.

THE WOLFTIME COMETH

The emperors chosen

The emperors chosen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 947 posts
Wow, I love the new painter, and the wargear looks great, an A+ job!
QUOTE (Big King Bob @ Apr 24 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finds a lab? with computers? accesses the sum total of human knowledge up to the DAOT?
DAMN YOU WIKIPEDIA!!! DAMN YOU!!!

QUOTE (maligncomedy @ Oct 4 2009, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the Lord of Change had spoketh, "Make up with the Wolves, young sorceror, for their codex will destroy ye soulless arses, thanks to the blasphemy that is Phil Kelly", and then it was done.

"In the darkness all men are equal, save those that embrace it." -Captain Kayvaan Shrike, third company, Raven Guard
QUOTE (Thantoes @ Mar 8 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im all for sculpted torsos but really.....Nipples????