Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Marine Painter Update

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
175 replies to this topic

AngryJohnny

AngryJohnny

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts
I hope the other recognition painter that was reference is for Daemons.

Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
I bet its gonna be a vehicle painter, because it was listed in the first few posts

Cptn. Palladorus

Cptn. Palladorus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,165 posts
I was just typing random-ass guesses at the URLs for these betas and managed to find the Guard painter. To keep the traffic down I won't post a link, but I just have to say that the option for a dropdown menu with all the <REMOVED> already programmed in is BRILLIANT. I can't wait to play with these for real.

After the lifting of the Siege of Terra, and the end of the Horus Heresy, Imperial forces set out to assault Chemos from orbit, intending to destroy the Emperor's Children's fortress-monastery and eradicate any trace of Chaos from the world. Following this action Chemos was quarantined by the Inquisition, and in the past ten millennia no further information, not even a record of Exterminatus, has appeared in Imperial databases regarding the world.

-- Index Astartes: Children of the Emperor

Spoiler

madscuzzy

madscuzzy

++ VEXILLUM PICTOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,659 posts
There are a lot of items that have been done for painter. The main reason why I don't post the images up is that what Argos is showing you is what is ready to be shown. I can easily put up the images, but it'll take a long time before the items are implemented and people may get impatient. It's very much like WD sneak peaks. In fact, if you have seen the images around the last few years, you may have seen certain nuggets in the images posted around, such as lightning claws...

Still I do have some... custom stuff, that may or may not be released for painter, since it was done for fun for myself.

Posted Image

Firenze
It is noted... thanks. I'm not sure if making it wider is needed, considering they are boots and not PA.
Scuzworks
SL40K - My Models

Forum Rules

Available for Commissions! PM Meeee~!

Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
That picture Is amazing!!!!!!!!

Edited by bannus, 02 March 2010 - 09:31 PM.
'nuff said right there. ;)

AngryJohnny

AngryJohnny

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts

There are a lot of items that have been done for painter. The main reason why I don't post the images up is that what Argos is showing you is what is ready to be shown. I can easily put up the images, but it'll take a long time before the items are implemented and people may get impatient. It's very much like WD sneak peaks. In fact, if you have seen the images around the last few years, you may have seen certain nuggets in the images posted around, such as lightning claws...

Still I do have some... custom stuff, that may or may not be released for painter, since it was done for fun for myself.

Whether or not that makes it into the painter is irrelevant (though it would be awesome), that is some really amazing artwork. :rolleyes:

I love the work that you and Argos put into the painter & I will forever wait patiently for any and all updates. Keep up the fantastic work fellas!

Clearn

Clearn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 520 posts
I agree with AngryJohnny on this one, and that is some very amazing artwork.

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
I think most of those pieces are in the master space marine photoshop file ... so no reason it couldn't make it into the Wargear ...

Only problem is that amount of special gear translates to about 100 hrs work for me to implement .. and don't forget I only get to program this in my "Spare time" ... after work and family are looked after. So maybe 1 or 2 hrs a night at best.
Brother Argos

Brother Argos stepped forward into the reflected light of the schematic. The Techmarine went unhooded. The left portion of his face was framed with a steel plate, the snarling image of a Salamander seared into it as an honour marking. Burn scars from the Brander-Priests wreathed his skin in whorls and bands. A Bionic eye gleamed coldly in contrast to the burning red of his own.

When he spoke, his voice was deep and metallic.

- Heroes of the Space Marines - Fires of War : Pg 190

Iron Hands - A new beginning

Terminatorinhell

Terminatorinhell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,370 posts
Take your time brother, you cannot rush Quality!

gallery_24779_1036_30733.jpg

The Emperor's Champion:
"Never forget, getting tackled by a charging Marine is a LOT like getting hit with a VW Beetle at 30+mph. A VW that hates you and everything you stand for..."

With a lonely whisper you hear him say, on this night you will die this way...

Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
ye i agree with termiatorinhell take your time, i wasnt expecting you to even try something that complex!

ac4155

ac4155

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
Will we be finally be getting the kitchen sink painter that everyone recommends in the feature request thread? :wink:

I agree though, take as long as you need with it to get it right, its really great work and dedication which you put into the painters and the site as well.

Keep up the great work, and i cant wait to have a go with it my self.
AC

Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
no one has posted in sometime, hows the painter going?

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
Slowly at the moment, I bumped into a problem regarding performance, I am working on it.
Brother Argos

Brother Argos stepped forward into the reflected light of the schematic. The Techmarine went unhooded. The left portion of his face was framed with a steel plate, the snarling image of a Salamander seared into it as an honour marking. Burn scars from the Brander-Priests wreathed his skin in whorls and bands. A Bionic eye gleamed coldly in contrast to the burning red of his own.

Cptn. Palladorus

Cptn. Palladorus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,165 posts
Will we get equipment options for the Chaos Marine painter?

After the lifting of the Siege of Terra, and the end of the Horus Heresy, Imperial forces set out to assault Chemos from orbit, intending to destroy the Emperor's Children's fortress-monastery and eradicate any trace of Chaos from the world. Following this action Chemos was quarantined by the Inquisition, and in the past ten millennia no further information, not even a record of Exterminatus, has appeared in Imperial databases regarding the world.

-- Index Astartes: Children of the Emperor

Spoiler

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
Not to begin with .. although with this rewrite (the wargear part) ... in theory wargear will become available for the first time for most of the painters.

Obviously as this is a complete rewrite of the marine wargear ... that will get first priority. However as the marine gear is quite compatible with the chaos marines (similar view and positions) ... it should be possible later on to just "cross" over some pieces.
Brother Argos

Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
sounds like its going well, hope to see the new wargear on the sight soon, are you still working on the imperial guard painter or are you holding that back for now?

Ferrus Manus

Ferrus Manus

+LEXICANUM+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,709 posts
I think Argos wants to release them all at the same time. But then, I could be wrong.

My WIP Space Marine Chapter

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
Your not wrong!
Brother Argos

Dark Apostle Thirst

Dark Apostle Thirst

++ DISCIPULUS GRADIOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,235 posts

Your not wrong!

But I want the painter now... :D

I see why your doing it. One big bonanza instead of many little bonanzas... Still, if you released the ones done before you finished the rest, it would keep us busy (as well as allowing to see which painters are the most popular judging by which cause the most usage).

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
All the painters are now interconnected ... so actually none of them are finished ... and when one is finished .. they ALL will be.
Brother Argos

Octavulg

Octavulg

+LEXICANIUM+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,018 posts
Will there be shiny Chapter Symbol functionality? Please?

Proud author of the Ice Lords, the Bronze Prophets, the Stone Hearts, the Steel Dogs and the The Marines Tenebric.

The Octaguide - Your very long guide to very long IAs

Help me update the Big Liber Timeline!

"Wake up. Pray. Train. Pray. Drop screaming through the atmosphere from low orbit into a raging battlefield, and take the fight to enemies that may outnumber us by as little as three to one. Do battle with the most horrific enemies of mankind imaginable and charge into lines of weapons that could shred a tank into ribbons. Afterward, lunch, time permitting." - Marshal Arturas, 15/05/08

Brother Argos

Brother Argos

++ IGNUS GLADIUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 3,553 posts
You would be thinking of the Wargear app ... that is still at least two months away.
Brother Argos

Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts
awww i was hoping for a look at them good to see they are going along okay, what will the wargear app have in it?

Clearn

Clearn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 520 posts
I must say you do forget things quite easily Crazyfrog.

Edited by Clearn, 13 March 2010 - 11:54 PM.

Crazyfrog

Crazyfrog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19 posts

I must say you do forget things quite easily Crazyfrog.

I was saying it would be good to have a preview before they come out