Space Marine Painter Update

That is exactly the plan ... Wargear is too huge to do quickly .. and each piece is 2-4hrs work ... with over 200 pieces on the list now it will take a LONG while.

Just out of curiosity, how much of your personal time do you put into working on these painters? I know it's a lot of work, and we all really appreciate what you do for us. (anyone who doesn't should be banned. :D )

During the development cycle most evenings 3-4 hrs (basically my "spare" time) ... as well as most of my spare time at the weekends.

Overall work on the painter this year started heavily in January and is coming to a close in the next week or so .. so that is all my spare time for three months.

The wargear app will be somewhat similar most probably.

However when the development cycle is done I will take a break for while.

Thinking about it now ... I suppose that is why I don't get to play 40k much .. 2-3 times a year!

Wow Argos, that's an awful lot of time you put into this for us. Thank you.

Maybe now everyone will have a better understanding of the cost to you to create it for us and stop pestering you to post it. :)

Thanks again for creating the painters for us and working to enhance them.

Your valiant sacrifice is worth it if we can have custom Chapter symbols. ;)

It's appreciated. :)

Oh yeah, an option to have them in variant colors ala the fist in Red for the CFs, (or in gold for my guys ;) )

I'm really looking forward to the new painter, while i want it done, I agree that it's best to wait so that the proper time for development can take place.....

Man patience bites. :woot:

Next week sometime is likely ... however due to health reasons I might not hit that target.

I speak for the entire B&C community in wishing you a speedy and painless recovery, get well soon, and thanks for all the great work so far.

Am I the only one contemplating buying a new computer to handle the amount of awesome these new painters contain? :D

Awesome job to all involved. I absolutely love testing out schemes and can't wait for even more armies to play around with.

(And if I may make a teeny weensy suggestion: will there be an option to alter the shading? I've noticed in the different Marine painters that the darker shading is actually not as good for me as the lighter version, as the shading seems to blend with darker colors, losing a lot of detail).

I have a request/suggestion. Before the final work is done to the V9.0 painter, is it at all possible to change the coding so you can apply the wargear options to the image before the colors or perhaps at the same time? This would save some time in the painting process. For example, in the primary image you can paint feet, lower legs and knee pads. You can then later change the lower leg to a Mk. VI greave effectively combining the lower leg and knee pad into one color choice. If your image was adjusted first this would "save" a step in the painting. Others, like myself, may have a physical appearance in mind before they start applying colors.

As an example of this, and I believe this may be a separate coding issue, I was trying to replicate the colors of the North American Bald Eagle. Intuitively, I chose to make the upper areas and the ears of the helmet white with the lower section yellow. Once I switched the helmet to a Mk. VI the entire helmet turned white. Are there no upper and lower sections of the Mk. VI or did I choose incorrectly not anticipating what would be needed for the change of helmet?

Just some random thoughts over coffee this A.M.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hmm ok how about a little less fretting about the damn painter and a little more I hope Brother Argos is getting along ok. Im sure the painter will be done in due time. He wouldnt needlessly tease us with something like that. Patience my brothers. Patience. Am surprised he hasnt dropped in with a post by now though.

Captain Lacerus

Archived