Space Marine Painter Update

I do believe a lot of GW stuff is done out of love too, so we need to give them credit for that. Their own 'painter' has its merits, as do ours, neither really being 'better'. Our traditional marine template is not very different from what GW is doing for their DE and in the codex they have explored the different marks of armour too, albeit in a slightly different way from what we are doing. Who inspires who is left to debate, but we all love the same thing. :devil:

Doing the art for Enemies of the Imperium is just an excuse for me to explore different art styles and techniques outside our painter norm as 'artistic impressions' can differ, and also to push and showcase what Argos' program can do.

The DE was fun to do. It is a different thing from what I am familiar with drawing so it was cool. ;)

...using paper cutouts...

My thoughts exactly... but that would require devastator kit as well; and a Rhino painter (variants are just kit); Land raider and speeder too... not to mention one for the thunderhawk... tarantulas... servitors...

I can't wait for nanogoop models.

Why can i see this great game we play turn into one of those cutout only games

Wait, so Brother Argos is not only the lord and master of one of the greatest 40k forums, but also a caring husband, an expert programmer, and a successful business owner. Are you sure you're not Superman?

The git can also paint and sculpt too... :P

Thats it you are superman Brother Argos . We all know youre secret :P

• 4 weeks later...
Wait, so Brother Argos is not only the lord and master of one of the greatest 40k forums, but also a caring husband, an expert programmer, and a successful business owner. Are you sure you're not Superman?

The git can also paint and sculpt too... :)

Thats it you are superman Brother Argos . We all know youre secret <_<

Yeah..... but is the Painter done yet? :P :P :P :P :P

It still looks like the Space Marines are missing highlights. The colours seem to be over saturated for an armour plate surface (rather than flat colour in a diagram).

I also noticed that you can get a similar effect in V5 with the wargear option 'less shading'.

Perhaps a wargear option like 'no shading' for rendering images in flat (and accurate) colour for diagrams?

Philip

• 1 year later...

Okay, new to the forum, but is there any news on these awesoem painters? This topic seemed to just stop over a year ago! If this topic has carried on somewhere else, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Wondering if there is any thoughts about doing a Space Marine vehicle painter to complement the Space Marine painter. I have always thought that using the Chapter Approved vehicle templates would be a good idea for fleshing out how someone might want to paint their tanks and such.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived