Look sir-even more bugs!

mughi3

It must be convention season for them.

With the new codex release the bugs are feeling thier oats so to speak.

One of the guys in my local game group wanted to test out his new list.

it was pretty nasty considering it only had 1 MC.

We did a 2,250 game

12" deployment

5 objectives

His list IIRC was as follows

.X2 warrior prime with bone swords and talons(attached to warriors)

.1 gaunt brood + termigaunt

.X2 warrior squads with bone swords in pods

.X2 stealer squads with brood lord

.X2 2 man squads of zoe's in pods

.X2 2 man biovore squads

.death leaper

.gargoyle squad.

something over 70 models

I faced him with my panzers

.GK grandmaster with psycannon

,master of the forge-full harnes/power weapon

.tac squad with missile flamer/fist (10)

.scout squad with sniper riles and missile(7)

.assault squad with flamer, PW and storm shield on sarge(5)

X3 venerable las/missile dreads

X3 ironclads withe the works(double heavy flamers) in lucius pattern drop-pods(we alow FW units in our league up to a certain points limit{no reavers}, but no D weapons or apacalypse data sheets).

.land speeder typhoon.

Model count-34.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i112/mughi3/batreps/2250.jpg

He won first turn, his terigaunt spat out 13 gaunts and was done with a double 6. on turn 1 he had everything in reserve save the gaunts, biovores andtermigaunt so his shootimg mostly consisted of spore mine love. doing no damage to me.

MY return action, i dropped in 2 ironclads, flamed some gaunts and then assaulted them. i moved my GK GM and the combat squad he was attached to towards an objective. the rest of my shooting was pretty laclust, i opened up on the termigaunt with all i could but i rolled so poorly i only managed 1 wound. on a happier note, i did manage to kill 2 of the biovores.

he gets in 1 warrior pod and the gargoyles that DS in. the gargoyles shoot at my tacs in the right building and do nothing, his warriors kill 2 marines out of the GKGMs unit. in CC one dread cleans house and clears the path to the biovores, the otehr is tied up with a squad that survived whooting VIA FNP.

My turn my last dread and my speeder come in.

the dread scaters but still manages to land close to the warriors to assault them.. my assault squad and venerable dread guarding the right flank jump into action and smack down the gargoyles with shooting cause them to flee, only to be mowed down by the very tac unit they were tryng to kill. the last of the ironclads gets to his remaining biovores and finishes them.

everything he has left comes in. i get lucky and both stealer units outflank to my right. his zoe's land next to 2 of my venerable. i manage to negate some of his psyker powers with my GM, so he manages to immobilise/weapon destroy on dread and do nothing to the other. his warriros also shoot the damaged dread and take off the other arm with a glance. pod shooting reduces my scouts. my ironclad clears teh last of the gaunts

My reaction.

my dread on the right flankank kills the pod the zoe's rode in, and the assault squad swings back to engage them as well.

the GKGM and squad move up to get into flamer range of the new warrior unit. my MOTF moves out of the scout unit and tries to repair the dread behind him but fails. the other dread fired on by the second zoe unit kills one of them with shooting and asssaults the surviving one.

The ironclad that slayed the gaunts flames and then assaults one of the stealer broods that outflanked. winning combat, but staying locked. The GKGM managed to hammerhad the alpha warrior to death but dies in return to a failed LD check for double bone swords. his other warriors finish the 2 remaining marines.

The dread in contact with the other warrior squad kills a couple more warriors.....man this is taking forever.

I forgot the last ironclad in the building who was supposed to kill the death leaper, but not to worry the DL comes to him only to die after only managing to stunn the dread. his second stealer squad rushes in to help the warriros fight the other ironclad. but fail to do much. his termigaunt moves to help the stealers battling the ironclad near him. the warriors that beat down the GKGM shoot and assault the scouts, easily taking them out

I manage to drop the zoe with assault marines, and take the stealers down to 2 before the termigaunt gets a lucky pen 5 and kills it. the ronclad closest to me survives another round against stealers and warriors to kill a couple more.

My turn

After freshly killing the DL, the free ironclasd remembers to move out and burns the 2 remaining stealers and then assaults and kills the lord.

Seeing the game drawing to a close my tac marines move out of thier building and run towads the objective with a 6(red squad, go figure, they go faster) My shooting sees 2 more of his pods die, my venerable dread finish his last zoe and moves towars the remaining steelers.

The MOTF comes through for me and fiixes the immobile dread just in time, he charges into close combat and ties down the last of the warrior squad. saving the MOTF from a painful death. my ironclad in combat with warriors and stealer finally dies.

His termigaunt goes after my last ironclad and gets some damage and returns it. with a stunned result.

he splits off his last alpha warrior and last warrior from that squad of stealers to move across the table towards an objective via assaulting my drop pod for extra movement. the stealers kill the nearby pod sitting on the objective.

My turn sees the last ironclad fall to the termigaunt with another single lucky hit, he moves back to claim an objective via consolidation. my tac marines move onto the objective

MY remaining free venerable moves up coveing the assault squadwhile my speeder also provides fire support.

the game continues

His last alpha and warrior move, then run towards another objective, his termigaunt camps on another. his stealer finally win CC against the venerable they are fighting but only consolidate 1"

The other warrior squad remains locked with the armless venerable.

My turn

the MOTF moves up and flames the remaining stealers and plasma's them, but i only kill a couple, i line up a clear shot for my dread, wounding his last alpha and killing the warrior with him. nuetralising another scoring unit.

Dice is rolled and game ends, his stalers are to far away to claim an objective leaving him with just the termigaunst in a scoring position to counter my tac marines for a hard fought tie

My losses

.3 ironclads

.1 venerable dread

.GKGM

.5 tac amrines

.7 scouts

.1 drop pod

His losses

.23 gaunts

.10+ stealers

.10+ warriors

.3 pods